+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2017 Citizenship Applicants

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hi Everyone, i was having a look at the sheet and over the past few months the number of days from application delivered to AOR has increased dramatically! Jan - 12 days, Feb - 9 days, Mar - 11 days, Apr - 16 days, May - 27 days!!! I wonder why this is? Is it because of more applicants, less staff at CIC?
Why is it a surprise? C-24 delayed a lot of people from becoming eligible , and temporarily resulted in big drop of applications. As time goes by, more and more people have accumulated enough days and started applying, especially people who becomes PR in 2012-2013

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Question please.

My wife and I are due to apply this July.

Is It okay if my wife and I send in our applications separately? I know people send in as family, but we could send in separately if we want right?

Thanks.

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No AORs today as well for May !! so I guess 49 days to AOR is normal delay now?!

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Any insights from anyone?
The CIC website says:

Proof of completion of a secondary or post-secondary program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad, includes:
  • A diploma or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating the successful completion of a program, in French or English, either in Canada or abroad, or
  • A diploma or certificate from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating successful graduation from a program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad.
Note: You must have successfully finished a secondary or post-secondary program in English or French. A single course done in English or French does not meet the requirement. If the original document is in a language other than English or French then you must also include a letter from the academic institution indicating that the language of instruction was in English or French along with an official translation of the original document.

I think if both you and your wife have any kind of secondary or post secondary certificate/degree from any other country- which you say you both do..then you could use them as long as they are all in English (not just English course as one of the subjects)..just like how you did when you came to Canada. I would put both of your certificates with the transcripts with the application and even though your wife did not do a proper course here in Canada- I would say just include that certificate & if there is a transcript, that too, in the application just to be on the safe side.

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Question please.

My wife and I are due to apply this July.

Is It okay if my wife and I send in our applications separately? I know people send in as family, but we could send in separately if we want right?

Thanks.
Yup you can I think- I do not see a restriction of that on the website- just a recommendation to send it together.. but it might be easier to track (and maybe slightly cheaper) to send it in as 1 package if you both get eligible at the same time. The only downside to sending it together is that if even one of them is incomplete..you get the entire package back. Your wish I guess..

SAZ-CAN

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Mississauga
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2009
Doc's Request.
27-01-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
Med's Request
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
06-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
8th Nov 2012 ---- PP Received on 8th Dec 2012
LANDED..........
06 April 2013

SAZ-CAN

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Mississauga
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2009
Doc's Request.
27-01-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
Med's Request
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
06-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
8th Nov 2012 ---- PP Received on 8th Dec 2012
LANDED..........
06 April 2013

sukdeep

Jun 12, 2017
Hello Friends, I called CIC 1800... number today and the automated message told
applications after May 17th have not been processed. My application reached on May 12, and
also for some of you, your applications reached even before me. What is this BS going on....? No respect for First come
First. Hope we all become citizen soon in order not to deal with these CIC idiots further in our lives.

Horizon13

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Hello Friends, I called CIC 1800... number today and the automated message told
applications after May 17th have not been processed. My application reached on May 12, and
also for some of you, your applications reached even before me. What is this BS going on....? No respect for First come
First. Hope we all become citizen soon in order not to deal with these CIC idiots further in our lives.
You should use appropriate language! What we have to do now - wait. We have no idea how they work, and believe me they are not picking noses. Probably, they 've got a lot of applications last mont, so, please, be patient!

Reactions: CanadianSoonToBe

sukdeep

Jun 12, 2017
You should use appropriate language! What we have to do now - wait. We have no idea how they work, and believe me they are not picking noses. Probably, they 've got a lot of applications last mont, so, please, be patient!
Horizon, I respect ur words, but again nothing will stop me to use the word "BS". As a human being I simply expect fairness, including when it comes to a trivial thing like AOR (Which is simply an acknowledgement). Even when we go to Medical Check up, our turn comes based on First come First, with emergencies as exception. CIC is a respectable government agency and should be disciplined and not random...What is BS is simply BS..

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Yup you can I think- I do not see a restriction of that on the website- just a recommendation to send it together.. but it might be easier to track (and maybe slightly cheaper) to send it in as 1 package if you both get eligible at the same time. The only downside to sending it together is that if even one of them is incomplete..you get the entire package back. Your wish I guess..
Thanks

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Quick question again pls.

How does one complete the "Work and Education" form on question "6H", without unknowingly creating a gap in the employment history? I have had uninterrupted FULL TIME jobs since becoming PR. I have also had two PART TIME Jobs in-between. Entering the Full time jobs, my form on ( Q6H) looks good, but I can't seem to figure how to record my part time work on it.
Please help.

Thanks

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Quick question again pls.

How does one complete the "Work and Education" form on question "6H", without unknowingly creating a gap in the employment history? I have had uninterrupted FULL TIME jobs since becoming PR. I have also had two PART TIME Jobs in-between. Entering the Full time jobs, my form on ( Q6H) looks good, but I can't seem to figure how to record my part time work on it.
Please help.

Thanks
I had that too- I have a full time job as well as a part-time job even right now. I just added them in between in chronological order (To date):

2017-02 to 2017-06: Full-Time Work ----
2015-10 to 2017-06: Part-time Work ----
2016-02 to 2017-02: Education -----------

I hope the example I gave kinda helps? I hope actually that I'm correct myself..I just did it this way for all my applications so far (PR renewal, citizenship etc).