+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

may 2015 applicants for citizenship

mcgill_engr

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ALL, I only got the test invite by email and nothing by regular mail or "mail". My eCAS status mentions "We sent you a notice on October 26, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."

This might be a stupid question but what do you mean by "mail"? If I got the invite via email will that be all I will be getting ?

VanKan

Jul 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mcgill_engr said:
@ALL, I only got the test invite by email and nothing by regular mail or "mail". My eCAS status mentions "We sent you a notice on October 26, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."

This might be a stupid question but what do you mean by "mail"? If I got the invite via email will that be all I will be getting ?
I had similar ecas line with the mentioning of the mail but didn't receive any mail. I took the test on September 16.
So possibly you won't get mail if you got the invitation by email. I think you specify that on the application form. Preferred method of contact it was as far as I remember.

washington.state

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VanKan said:
I had similar ecas line with the mentioning of the mail but didn't receive any mail. I took the test on September 16.
So possibly you won't get mail if you got the invitation by email. I think you specify that on the application form. Preferred method of contact it was as far as I remember.
Sep 16 in Edmonton at 8:26 AM?

anyhopeforme

Aug 8, 2014
Just passed the test in Montreal. Everyone else explained very well what the process was like. I took no more than 5 minutes on the actual written test and 8 minutes or so for my interview with the officer. The longest time was waiting to be called. The officer went through my passport stamps (I had lots of travel to the US) and other documents before he called me so he never asked to see any originals except for PR card, COPR, and 2 forms of ID. I was almost disappointed that I prepared my original documents too well!

The officer quoted the standard 2-4 months until oath, but I'm really hoping that the trend that I have been seeing for Montreal of about 1 month applies to my application also!

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
So... about our timeline spreadsheet.

Do you guys think it is reflecting reality?
I mean... how about that one dude still waiting for AOR? Is this real? Or is this a person who isn't updating its process?
How about those 16 people who never got their status changes to "In Process"? Do you think this is for real?

ashirale

Star Member
Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
2133/2147
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-2007
Doc's Request.
10-2009
Med's Request
09-2010
Med's Done....
09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-2011
With CIC who knows? That said, I'd be sceptical that 16 people haven't had any updates to report. Maybe for a few, that may be the sad reality, but not for sixteen! The lone guy without an AOR?....yeah he should have received one by now.

VanKan

Jul 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
washington.state said:
Sep 16 in Edmonton at 8:26 AM?
No Vancouver. But I don't think it changes according to your visa office. As far as I remember you either get it as an email or mail. Not both.

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Is someone responsible for updating the spreadsheet? I am not able to do it myself. It says that it's protected and to contact the "spreadsheet owner" ....
My test is on Dec. 3

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Citizen again? You already got your oath? When was yours & your wife's DM? Scarborough office right?

chikloo said:
Hi,
I don't know how CIC can make mistakes like this. They have sent an Oath invite (Dec 7, Scarborough) on my name instead of my wife. I'm calling them to confirm if it is hers or if it still mine (I can become a citizen again) :)

If it is still mine then it is shame they wasted a place for someone who could have attended it in my place.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Nothing news last few days, ;D ;D
I am sure you guys know exactly whom I am going to take advice from...................
Do youhave a good "guess" ? :-X

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Mesdames et Messieurs,

I am now a Canadian.
:D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :p :p :p :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Bigudi said:
Mesdames et Messieurs,

I am now a Canadian.
:D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :p :p :p :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D
Congrats man! so lucky to be in Montreal. So frasuterated with Vancouver office. My DM was 2.5 months with no updates.
I ordered ATIP which shows that I was granted it but the oath is waiting for ever

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
ahm2299 said:
Congrats man! so lucky to be in Montreal. So frasuterated with Vancouver office. My DM was 2.5 months with no updates.
I ordered ATIP which shows that I was granted it but the oath is waiting for ever
I understand.
There was 300 people taking the Oath today, and there was going to be another 300 in the afternoon. Maybe it's this huge number of people getting their Oath that allows Montreal to move so fast.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oren said:
Citizen again? You already got your oath? When was yours & your wife's DM? Scarborough office right?
I became a citizen May 2015. The application now in progress is for my wife. I got ATIP for her file and it shows she has been granted but waiting for Oath to be scheduled.

In regards to the Oath I went to the local office and they made me wait for 2 hours and gave me new certificate saying there was some system glitch. Gave me a fake apology. I told them that I was not worried about my Oath invite as I already have a certificate from CIC, photo proof from the judge on the day of the ceremony and a Canadian passport with which I have traveled some times I asked if they could put my wife in place of mine. She was like sorry I cannot and she has to go through administrative process. The person at the entrance (reception) who clarifies things for applicants or whoever goes to CIC asked me if the officer said cant or wont schedule your wife. He said she is the person who puts people on the list. That lady acted as though it was out of her reach. I'm telling you they will get what they serve. Life has a funny way of teaching people lesson. What you sow is what you reap.