+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage fraud

r_rani87736

Mar 2, 2019
Hi

How do CIC take action on marriage fraud reported through an immigration lawyer?

I am asking this question because my husband came here on spousal work permit but he betrayed me. He came here only for an entry to Canada. I reported this fraud to immigration but still he has not been deported.

What can be done? Please guide me.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Most likely, he will be able to work and stay till the expiry of his work permit.
You have reported it. Nothing much you can do.

Reactions: r_rani87736

r_rani87736

Mar 2, 2019
His family that he has applied for refugee status. Can he get it? I have not given him any documents since separation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
His family that he has applied for refugee status. Can he get it? I have not given him any documents since separation.
Sure - it's possible he might qualify.

returnsndr

Apr 21, 2021
If he can proof that he is in danger in his home country, he may get refugee status.
So is it only after CBSA issues a removal order, and the person files a refugee claim the person has to return to their country to await a decision?
But if they have not been issued a removal order they can wait out the decision in Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So is it only after CBSA issues a removal order, and the person files a refugee claim the person has to return to their country to await a decision?
But if they have not been issued a removal order they can wait out the decision in Canada?
If they file a refugee claim, then good chance they won't need to leave Canada. The refugee claim may suspend any removal order.

But yes, a removal order would only be issued after IRCC conducts an investigation which typically takes many months. Nothing happens immediately.

Even if a removal order is issued and there is no refugee claim, the person can still appeal that removal order and stay in Canada.

Reactions: YVR123

returnsndr

Apr 21, 2021
If they file a refugee claim, then good chance they won't need to leave Canada. The refugee claim may suspend any removal order.

But yes, a removal order would only be issued after IRCC conducts an investigation which typically takes many months. Nothing happens immediately.

Even if a removal order is issued and there is no refugee claim, the person can still appeal that removal order and stay in Canada.
THIS IS WHERE IM CONFUSED
thx in advance

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/claim-protection-inside-canada/after-apply-next-steps/refusal-options/humanitarian-compassionate-grounds.html
Removal orders
If you have an order to leave Canada (this is called a removal order), you may be able to apply to stay in Canada on humanitarian and compassionate grounds, unless any of the above restrictions apply to you.
If you apply, this will not prevent or delay your removal from Canada. You must leave on or before the date stated on your removal order. We will still process your application even if you have to leave Canada. We will tell you in writing about the decision on your case.
There is no guarantee that we will approve your application. There is no right to appeal a refused application for permanent residence on humanitarian and compassionate grounds. In some cases you can ask the Federal Court of Canada..."

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
THIS IS WHERE IM CONFUSED
thx in advance

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/claim-protection-inside-canada/after-apply-next-steps/refusal-options/humanitarian-compassionate-grounds.html
Removal orders
If you have an order to leave Canada (this is called a removal order), you may be able to apply to stay in Canada on humanitarian and compassionate grounds, unless any of the above restrictions apply to you.
If you apply, this will not prevent or delay your removal from Canada. You must leave on or before the date stated on your removal order. We will still process your application even if you have to leave Canada. We will tell you in writing about the decision on your case.
There is no guarantee that we will approve your application. There is no right to appeal a refused application for permanent residence on humanitarian and compassionate grounds. In some cases you can ask the Federal Court of Canada..."
Well, you can file a complaint but there is 1) no garantee that they will file a removal order. And 2) we do not know if he is a real refugee. (if he is, he cannot go back to home country. NOT for a long time even after he came PR).

AlelieL

Mar 1, 2019
Well, you can file a complaint but there is 1) no garantee that they will file a removal order. And 2) we do not know if he is a real refugee. (if he is, he cannot go back to home country. NOT for a long time even after he came PR).
just a question, for people who have an immigration fraud tips, aren’t the immigration going to do investigation and would likely to issue removal if proven then tips were valid?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
just a question, for people who have an immigration fraud tips, aren’t the immigration going to do investigation and would likely to issue removal if proven then tips were valid?
It's up to immigration to investigate and they will not inform the one who reported it.

btw. I have NEVER report anyone.

AlelieL

Mar 1, 2019
It's up to immigration to investigate and they will not inform the one who reported it.

btw. I have NEVER report anyone.
do they always act on all the tips they receive? Just wondering as i have known someone who was reported a year ago but did not receive any information they were investigation nor received correspondence they were asked to explain of any PFL

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
do they always act on all the tips they receive? Just wondering as i have known someone who was reported a year ago but did not receive any information they were investigation nor received correspondence they were asked to explain of any PFL
Unless you provide very strong evidence of marriage fraud like emails, texts,etc. indicating that you only got married to immigrate to Canada it becomes very difficult to prove immigration fraud. The person who reported is rarely contacted.