+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2015 Citizenship Applicants

Lux et Veritas

Star Member
Apr 25, 2015
pants123 said:
Any March GTA Applicants showing transferred to local office yet? Mine has been in process since June 25th! :mad:

Looks like pretty much every area is now moving pretty quick except GTA right?
I spoke to a CIC agent who said that once an application is "In Process" it is transferred to a local office and that sometimes ECAS is not updated to include the 4th line. I would expect to hear from them in August- whether they need additional documents or not.

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A quick question for those who did the test: shall I fill and sign the "Prohibitions under the citizenship act" form now, or wait to sign it in front of the officer?

John_Dorry

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asaif said:
A quick question for those who did the test: shall I fill and sign the "Prohibitions under the citizenship act" form now, or wait to sign it in front of the officer?
Better in front of the officer, during the interview.

Good Luck

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
asaif said:
What are those prohibitions?
Where is that form?
Thanks

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
glowingheart said:
What are those prohibitions?
Where is that form?
Thanks
Well, I couldn't find a soft copy of this form but you'll get it anyway with the test or the oath invitation letters.
You basically affirm that you are not convicted with a crime.

CANMAPLE

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asaif said:
Well, I couldn't find a soft copy of this form but you'll get it anyway with the test or the oath invitation letters.

Going forward, anyone who is over the age of 14 is required to sign the declaration affirming, like asaif pointed out, that they do not belong to any organization that commits crimes against humanity or are not subject to any sort of conviction (Immigration or criminal) in general that is defined in the citizenship act - it is relatively new form and but something that should have been introduced years ago.

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
asaif said:
Thanks never heard of it before or maybe I just forgot about it

RSV

Jul 9, 2015
Hi,

I had the same doubt regarding the form, when I received the test invite. I eventually decided to take a photocopy of the form first and then fill out and sign the copy they sent me. I carried both for the interview (in case they ask me to fill up and sign in their presence). When the officer asked me for the form, I presented the filled up and signed one and she took it with no questions. So I am pretty sure they are ok with the forms being filled up and signed ahead. But to be on the safe side you could take a photocopy before filling it up and take that too with you. Hope this helps.

RSV

asaif said:

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RSV said:
Hi,

I had the same doubt regarding the form, when I received the test invite. I eventually decided to take a photocopy of the form first and then fill out and sign the copy they sent me. I carried both for the interview (in case they ask me to fill up and sign in their presence). When the officer asked me for the form, I presented the filled up and signed one and she took it with no questions. So I am pretty sure they are ok with the forms being filled up and signed ahead. But to be on the safe side you could take a photocopy before filling it up and take that too with you. Hope this helps.

RSV
Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm going to fill it ahead and sign it in front of the officer.

And after the test are you having an interview?
Yes, I'll be having an interview after the test.
friend which office did you apply from ?
I'm from London.

ejamal

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
24-02-2012
Med's Request
25-5-2012
Passport Req..
28-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Good morning everyone,

This message is intended to identify inactive users so that their spreadsheet entries would be archived. Could the following users kindly reply to this message stating their current status?

Users:
  • Bongeorgeo
  • dudesam
  • kkkkkkkk
  • Sannoj
  • mo
  • Rizzy
  • Yellowknife
  • Jacaranda
  • VSM

Cheers,