+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2015 Citizenship Applicants

superfellow

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello every one. I am from GTA and my case has been in process, and after that I think my application will be transferred to local office, but not sure if I will get a letter informing me about that or not?
Thanks for any reply.

ejamal

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
24-02-2012
Med's Request
25-5-2012
Passport Req..
28-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
superfellow said:
Hello every one. I am from GTA and my case has been in process, and after that I think my application will be transferred to local office, but not sure if I will get a letter informing me about that or not?
Thanks for any reply.
For sure you will not receive an email or a written letter informing you that your file was transferred. However, sometimes the ecas shows a line stating that your file was transferred on a certain day.

Sonia08

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Jaroddz said:
How long usually it take to the application to get transfered to local Office (Mississauga), any idea anyone?

Mine took a little over a month for the transfer to Mississauga office.

Valhalla

Star Member
May 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May/12/2011
LANDED..........
AUG/23/2012
My application was transfered to local processing centre (Edmonton) after two days of being "in process"
IN PROCESS: July 16
TRANDERED:July 18

superfellow

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ejamal said:
For sure you will not receive an email or a written letter informing you that your file was transferred. However, sometimes the ecas shows a line stating that your file was transferred on a certain day.
Thanks. So in this case how can we know which office has been assigned to?
BTW, after transferring to local office, what status will be changed to from IP?

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indie787 said:
Hello Everyone,

Just wondering whether there is anyone here from Saint Catharines.Which Local office is responsible for us?.Is it Niagara Falls?.How long they will take to send us the test date?.

Family application.
application for Canadian citizenship on March 27, 2015.
Acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 8, 2015.
Started processing on June 4, 2015.
Transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 18, 2015.

PR card is about to expire and booked to go for a Vacation on mid October.Just confused,whether i would get the passport by then or spend dollars again to renew PR card and wait for that for another 3 months.

Opinions welcome and good luck to all
October is to soon so renew your PR card asking for express service as the average time is 6 months.

respect

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
30-01-2012
AOR Received.
12-03-2012
File Transfer...
17-02-2012
Med's Request
23-04-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
17-11-2012
Hi everyone.. i got a letter from Montreal CIC office to appear for a citizenship test on August 7th. Strangely my eCas status never showed my file was transferred to Montreal.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My file was transferred within 2 days. My ecas did show that my file was transferred but the line disappeared within a couple of days. Now my ecas shows In Process. So you might have not checked your ecas when it showed the transfer. Don't fret. Prepare for the test. All the best.

Indie787

Jul 22, 2015
Indie787 said:
Hello Everyone,

Just wondering whether there is anyone here from Saint Catharines.Which Local office is responsible for us?.Is it Niagara Falls?.How long they will take to send us the test date?.

Family application.
application for Canadian citizenship on March 27, 2015.
Acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 8, 2015.
Started processing on June 4, 2015.
Transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 18, 2015.

PR card is about to expire and booked to go for a Vacation on mid October.Just confused,whether i would get the passport by then or spend dollars again to renew PR card and wait for that for another 3 months.

Opinions welcome and good luck to all

Invitation for test received today,Processing time at local Office 36 days

Thanks for the replies

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
respect said:
Hi everyone.. i got a letter from Montreal CIC office to appear for a citizenship test on August 7th. Strangely my eCas status never showed my file was transferred to Montreal.
Congratulations ;D

My eCas indicates always in process, nothing more.
I've just bought a ticket for August 7th so I'd prefer a later date.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applicants from Edmonton in this thread. Has anyone received a test invite yet? I heard sometimes the ecas is not updated and you receive invite by post. The reason being I have lost my post keys. It was stolen from my car and have requested for replacement of lock and keys from Canadapost. So no access to postbox.

djpatel99

Jul 21, 2015
djpatel99 said:
Hello all,

I'm new here and first of all thanks for this excellent thread everyone. Congrats to all those who have their test dates/Oath dates.
I'm still trying to figure out how to add a signature, but here are my details. (Applied from Scarborough, ON)
Application received - 9th March 2015
AOR received - 25th March 2015
In process - 22nd June 2015.

I looked at the spreadsheet and looks like most people's applications were trasferred to their local offices within a few days. But mine has been stuck in process for a month now :( . Wondering if this means any red flags? Any experience folks who could comment on this? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
Hi all,

I did finally get an update on ecas:

We sent you correspondence on July 23, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Not sure what this might be about? Could it be RQ? or does it specifically say RQ on ecas in that case?

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
djpatel99 said:
Hi all,

I did finally get an update on ecas:

We sent you correspondence on July 23, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Not sure what this might be about? Could it be RQ? or does it specifically say RQ on ecas in that case?
It will not say RQ specifically, but this could be an RQ (CIT0520) with CIC asking for specific information or a Fingerprint request, many people have been getting that, all you can do is wait for the actual mail to arrive and read it, it should state what CIC needs and you can work in gathering the necessary document.

djpatel99

Jul 21, 2015
samreentariq said:
It will not say RQ specifically, but this could be an RQ (CIT0520) with CIC asking for specific information or a Fingerprint request, many people have been getting that, all you can do is wait for the actual mail to arrive and read it, it should state what CIC needs and you can work in gathering the necessary document.
Thanks samreentariq. I read on some other thread that people get figerprint requests if they have too many people with the same name in their system. If that is the case, i'm pretty sure i'll get a finger print request. There are literally thousands of people with exact first name/last name as me lol. I hope it's just that. I'll post once I get the letter. I'm really hope it's not an RQ