+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2012 Applications

alvin99

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
yahoo7 said:
Alvin, did they give you 90 days time to submit the original PCC?
ya i think i got 90 days to email them.
i think i send them the original copy already but anyways i guess i have to send it again. by the way i got an question, i have been living in the State for 6 to 7 years before i come to Canada, do i have to get a police check in the state as well?

diana83

Sep 13, 2012
Yes, I believe you have to get a background check of any place where you have lived for 6 months or more since age 18. I'm from the States and I just had to provide an FBI background check (takes about 6 weeks to complete), though my consultant also suggested I get a background check from the state I lived in, too. In the long run, the FBI check was enough. (I think anything criminal you do in a state would be reported to the FBI, so if FBI comes back clear, they assume your state record is clear too.)

Here's more info on how to get your FBI check: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks
Also, I got my fingerprints taken by RCMP up here, and FBI accepted those for purposes of the check (they prefer you use their fingerprint card, but you'll find RCMP insists on using their own, too -- just go with RCMP and you'll be okay).

Hope that helps!

alvin99

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
diana83 said:
Yes, I believe you have to get a background check of any place where you have lived for 6 months or more since age 18. I'm from the States and I just had to provide an FBI background check (takes about 6 weeks to complete), though my consultant also suggested I get a background check from the state I lived in, too. In the long run, the FBI check was enough. (I think anything criminal you do in a state would be reported to the FBI, so if FBI comes back clear, they assume your state record is clear too.)

Here's more info on how to get your FBI check: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks
Also, I got my fingerprints taken by RCMP up here, and FBI accepted those for purposes of the check (they prefer you use their fingerprint card, but you'll find RCMP insists on using their own, too -- just go with RCMP and you'll be okay).

Hope that helps!
Thanks diana83

good thing for me is i left States 3 months after i turn 18 so i guess i don't have to provide them any police check. by the way i only did the police check back home and one at Toronto police department, i never did the RCMP one do i have to get that one ?

diana83

Sep 13, 2012
I just did fingerprints for the Edmonton police department for clearance in Canada, so if you don't need clearance from the States, you should be good.

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
lvladman said:
You do need it when landing! right?
Ivladman, you u dont need to show your bank statement when u land. That's is 100% sure but some people say just in case bring it. What i did, i phoned CIC and asked them about it and the agent double checked about CEC applicants and he said, it doesn't say u need to show a proof of funds. I said to the agent, i only have less than a $1000 in my account which is true and then he said to me just print it and take it with u and as well as your current pay stub. He said, it is not necessarily but to have a peace of mind just take it with u. When i went to canadian border, he didn't ask for it. Only pasport, COPR and work permit. dont worry Ivladman.

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
gracy016 said:
Hi Pongpong,
Did you also submit any NBI/police clearance back home or just from Canada only? I've been here 5years anyway... Was your NOC code 6311 (Food service supervisor? Thanks...
gracy016, my NOC is 6311 FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR), and i submitted the following police clearances:
1. police clearance (Home country - Philippines)
2. Dubai police clearance
3. Kingdom of bahrain police clearance
4. RCMP police clearance (canada)

I've here in canada for almost 5 years too.

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
diana83 said:
Phew! That's good to know. I was thinking that if I had to go to the actual border, I wouldn't be able to land until next May, when all the ice has melted!

And thanks -- congrats on your PR!
dianna83, the road going to carway, coutts or el bonita, it's like in summer and there's no snow at all just a little bit on both sides. In cardston alberta, before carway border it's totally snowed-free. i think we have the worst weather in edmonton.

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Waiting:) said:
Congratulations pongpong! Could you please share your experience and also are the winter times in effect for the carway border? I just wanted to know what time you got there or what time they are open till so that I can schedule mine accordingly.

Thanks
Waiting:), driving to carway, the weather was really nice and there wasn't any snow on the road at all. I was all by myself. At first i approached the US officer at the small booth and she asked my passport & my job title. Then she let me park my car and told me to get inside the double door building. Then i said to the person inside the building, "am i in the right place" and then the officer told me to sit. I waited for only 3 mins then while waiting i was looking at barack obama's picture hanging on the wall. Then the officer called my name, by the way, i was the only person in the building aside from the official who's working there. Then he gave me a white rejection paper and he told me to take it to the canadian border and he congratulated me in advanced. i said thank you to him. After that, i made u turn and approached again a small canadian booth ( canadian border), he asked my passport and COPR and the same instructions from the US officer to park my car and get inside the building. So, i went to the building and a different officer was waiting for me and holding my documents. He gave me a piece of paper and he let me write my address and phone number and told me to wait at the waiting area and wait till he called my name. After 2 mins, he went to the waiting and asked my original visa when i came to canada. I gave him my old passport cause it was in my old passport. Then i got worried for not asking my current work permit. My old TRV was expired already 2 years ago, i was thinking maybe he's thinking that i dont have a valid status in canada. Maybe he will reject me and deport me. Then i waited again for about 5 mins, then he called my name and what i did i grabbed my work permit, i did it on purpose to get his attention and he saw it and he said, give me that and all documents that governtment issued to you. So i gave him all my work permits even it's all expired and he let me read all the information in my COPR and he let me sign the paper and that's it. Oh and he said u will receive your PR card in 4-8 weeks then i said in which address and he said the one u wrote on a piece of paper.

Waiting:)

Oct 23, 2012
pongpong said:
Waiting:), driving to carway, the weather was really nice and there wasn't any snow on the road at all. I was all by myself. At first i approached the US officer at the small booth and she asked my passport & my job title. Then she let me park my car and told me to get inside the double door building. Then i said to the person inside the building, "am i in the right place" and then the officer told me to sit. I waited for only 3 mins then while waiting i was looking for barack obama picture hanging on the wall. Then the officer called my name, by the way, i was the only person in the building aside from the official who's working there. Then he gave me a white rejection paper and he told me to take it to the canadian border and he congratulated me in advanced. i said thank you to him. After that, i made u turn and approached again a small canadian booth ( canadian border), he asked my passport and COPR and the same instructions from the US officer to park my car and get inside the building. So, i went to the building and a different officer was waiting for me and holding my documents. He gave me a piece of paper and he let me write my address and phone number and told me to wait at the waiting area and wait till he called my name. After 2 mins, he went to the waiting and asked my original visa when i came to canada. I gave him my old passport cause it was in my old passport. Then i got worried for not asking my current work permit. My old TRV was expired already 2 years ago, i was thinking maybe he's thinking that i dont have a valid status in canada. Maybe he will reject me and deport me. Then i waited again for about 5 mins, then he called my name and what i did i grabbed my work permit, i did it on purpose to get his attention and he saw it and he said, give me that and all documents that governtment issued to you. So i gave him all my work permits even it's all expired and he let me read all the information in my COPR and he let me sign the paper and that's it. Oh and he said u will receive your PR card in 4-8 weeks then i said in which address and he said the one u wrote on a piece of paper.

Thank you pongpong. That is really helpful and congratulations again ! Enjoy every second of it.

lvladman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
AOR Received.
09-06-2012
Med's Request
17-08-2013
Med's Done....
24-09-2013
Passport Req..
25-10-2013
LANDED..........
14-01-2014
pongpong said:
Ivladman, you u dont need to show your bank statement when u land. That's is 100% sure but some people say just in case bring it. What i did, i phoned CIC and asked them about it and the agent double checked about CEC applicants and he said, it doesn't say u need to show a proof of funds. I said to the agent, i only have less than a $1000 in my account which is true and then he said to me just print it and take it with u and as well as your current pay stub. He said, it is not necessarily but to have a peace of mind just take it with u. When i went to canadian border, he didn't ask for it. Only pasport, COPR and work permit. dont worry Ivladman.
oh! Thanks a lot pongpong! That was a great help. Thank you.

diana83

Sep 13, 2012
pongpong said:
dianna83, the road going to carway, coutts or el bonita, it's like in summer and there's no snow at all just a little bit on both sides. In cardston alberta, before carway border it's totally snowed-free. i think we have the worst weather in edmonton.
I wonder how long that will last -- I heard south of Red Deer is expecting 25 cm today! Either way, if I can land in the airport, I'm good to go. My PR isn't time-sensitive since I have a work permit for the next 2.5 years. Now I guess I need to find all my old work permits/study permits...I moved in July, so hopefully they're not TOO hard to find.

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
diana83 said:
I wonder how long that will last -- I heard south of Red Deer is expecting 25 cm today! Either way, if I can land in the airport, I'm good to go. My PR isn't time-sensitive since I have a work permit for the next 2.5 years. Now I guess I need to find all my old work permits/study permits...I moved in July, so hopefully they're not TOO hard to find.
Yeah Diana83, u have to take those with u just in case. Some officers asked only the current work permit but the officer who assisted me he asked for all documents that the government issued to me. I dont know why? but i was thinking that maybe he will compare my work permits with my TRV, if it matches the arrival date in canada until now, and maybe he's checking if my whole stay in canada was legal, cause i remember, he asked me when did i arrive in canada, the exact date.

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
I have a question guys. I'm now a PR since Nov.19, I just renewed my SIN and now my SIN no. starts with 6 and i already updated my ALBERTA HEALTH CARD. Am i now allowed to work in other company? or get a 2nd job? Or do i have to wait till i get my PR card? Anything do i have to update in terms of my new status?

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pongpong said:
I have a question guys. I'm now a PR since Nov.19, I just renewed my SIN and now my SIN no. starts with 6 and i already updated my ALBERTA HEALTH CARD. Am i now allowed to work in other company? or get a 2nd job? Or do i have to wait till i get my PR card? Anything do i have to update in terms of my new status?
You are good now to work anywhere you want. Congrats!

atlastwait

Nov 21, 2012
pongpong said:
Yes diana u can land on your way back. I booked at the CIC office here in edmonton to land but they gave me on DEC. 11 and i cannot wait for that. What i did, i went to lethbridge by plane from edmonton back & forth and from lethbridge i rented a car & drove to Carway border crossing. This is the website OF CANADA BORDER SERVICES AGENCY (IMMIGRATION)

By the way conratulations on your passport request.
Hi Pongpong, do we can book landing at CIC local office or you have taken appointment for landing at Carway border from CIC Edmonton?