+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2012 Applications

alvin99

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
hey guys i got a respond from CIC via email

they want original police clearance report from my hometown.. i don't know why i already provide the photo copies but anyways i got until Fed 2013 to mail them. good luck to everyone

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
you mean Feb :)
THis is normal as they require that you submit the originals particularly for the police clearance/s, you made a mistake by sending copies.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alvin99 said:
hey guys i got a respond from CIC via email

they want original police clearance report from my hometown.. i don't know why i already provide the photo copies but anyways i got until Fed 2013 to mail them. good luck to everyone
Alvin, did they give you 90 days time to submit the original PCC?

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
As of right now, im officially a permanent resident in canada. I just did my landing at carway alberta and it went really smooth. It toke me 5 mins. at the US border and in Canada border around 10 mins. and the officer only asked me for my passport with visa stamped, copr, all my work permits (he said any documents that canadian governtment issued to me) and my old visa when i came to canada. It was in my old passport. He asked me, how long i have been here in canada. Then he let me write my address on a piece of and my phone number. And thats it and he said i can go to service canada for the new sin no. and alberta health card.

diana83

Sep 13, 2012
Pongpong, you had to drive 7 hours from Edmonton to land?? I thought you could make special arrangements with the airport -- is that not the case? I'm going to be traveling to Mexico for a quick holiday at the end of December, I wonder if I can land at the airport on the way back....

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
diana83 said:
Pongpong, you had to drive 7 hours from Edmonton to land?? I thought you could make special arrangements with the airport -- is that not the case? I'm going to be traveling to Mexico for a quick holiday at the end of December, I wonder if I can land at the airport on the way back....
Yes diana u can land on your way back. I booked at the CIC office here in edmonton to land but they gave me on DEC. 11 and i cannot wait for that. What i did, i went to lethbridge by plane from edmonton back & forth and from lethbridge i rented a car & drove to Carway border crossing. This is the website OF CANADA BORDER SERVICES AGENCY (IMMIGRATION)

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/listing/indexpages/indextype38-e.

By the way conratulations on your passport request.

gracy016

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-22-13
Doc's Request.
12-30-13 (RPRF & Biodata)
AOR Received.
04-30-13
Med's Request
12-31-13
Med's Done....
01-08-14
Passport Req..
02-21-14
VISA ISSUED...
02-28-14
LANDED..........
03-09-14
pongpong said:
I applied all by myself. At first i had so many doubts about the form, did i fill it right?, all this things bothers me a lot. SInce the beginning, i've been thinking all of these everybody, check my email and ecas. Then finally i got my file number and i fell better. And the wait starts again for medical request till i get it. After medical, the results bother me a lot again. What if im sick, what if ,u know all the things going to ur head till i didnt get a call from my doctor. Then i called my doctor and he said he already sent the results to Ottawa, then i feel better again. And then the wait starts again for passport request, the same thing, thinking everyday, email, ecas then finally i got a pasport request letter. The biggest thing that bothers is my work permit cause it expires on February 8, 2013. My life every single day, wake up, check email & ecas, work then the next day, same thing again. All this waiting time is a mental torture for me. What i did when i submitted my application? i submitted everything including police clearance here in canada and im currently working in the same employer. I submitted 3 work permits cause 2 work permits for the 2 year skilled plus current 1 right now.
Hi Pongpong,
Did you also submit any NBI/police clearance back home or just from Canada only? I've been here 5years anyway... Was your NOC code 6311 (Food service supervisor? Thanks...

Waiting:)

Oct 23, 2012
pongpong said:
As of right now, im officially a permanent resident in canada. I just did my landing at carway alberta and it went really smooth. It toke me 5 mins. at the US border and in Canada border around 10 mins. and the officer only asked me for my passport with visa stamped, copr, all my work permits (he said any documents that canadian governtment issued to me) and my old visa when i came to canada. It was in my old passport. He asked me, how long i have been here in canada. Then he let me write my address on a piece of and my phone number. And thats it and he said i can go to service canada for the new sin no. and alberta health card.
Congratulations pongpong! Could you please share your experience and also are the winter times in effect for the carway border? I just wanted to know what time you got there or what time they are open till so that I can schedule mine accordingly.

Thanks

lvladman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
AOR Received.
09-06-2012
Med's Request
17-08-2013
Med's Done....
24-09-2013
Passport Req..
25-10-2013
LANDED..........
14-01-2014
Hi guys,

I have a question, please help me out here.
The bank statement we have show while landing, is it ok if the bank statement is from my spouse's account? while I am the main applicant.

yeah.. I have not received the medical request yet, but I'm thinking of future :)

I have also seen that a lot of FSW applicants are asked to provide the CIC with the bank statement even before the medical request! which is weird!

Please advise me, thank you.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
lvladman said:
Hi guys,

I have a question, please help me out here.
The bank statement we have show while landing, is it ok if the bank statement is from my spouse's account? while I am the main applicant.

yeah.. I have not received the medical request yet, but I'm thinking of future :)

I have also seen that a lot of FSW applicants are asked to provide the CIC with the bank statement even before the medical request! which is weird!

Please advise me, thank you.
for fsw, i believed u will send ur bank statement together with ur initial application.. medicals comes after they are satisfied that ur qualify to immigrate

lvladman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
AOR Received.
09-06-2012
Med's Request
17-08-2013
Med's Done....
24-09-2013
Passport Req..
25-10-2013
LANDED..........
14-01-2014
ujbaby said:
for fsw, i believed u will send ur bank statement together with ur initial application.. medicals comes after they are satisfied that ur qualify to immigrate
thanks ujbaby,
I did not quite get my answer. forget about FSW, I'm CEC applicant, I have the money in my spouse's account, is it fine? or it should be a joint account?

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lvladman said:
thanks ujbaby,
I did not quite get my answer. forget about FSW, I'm CEC applicant, I have the money in my spouse's account, is it fine? or it should be a joint account?
I don't think you need a bank statement as CEC applicant, only FSW require one. I have been a FSW1 applicant before and had the statement ready, for CEC i was not required to provide one.

lvladman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
AOR Received.
09-06-2012
Med's Request
17-08-2013
Med's Done....
24-09-2013
Passport Req..
25-10-2013
LANDED..........
14-01-2014
sashali78 said:
I don't think you need a bank statement as CEC applicant, only FSW require one. I have been a FSW1 applicant before and had the statement ready, for CEC i was not required to provide one.
You do need it when landing! right?

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lvladman said:
You do need it when landing! right?
As far as I know - you don't. I also couldn't find any reference for such requirement on CIC website.
Anyone?

diana83

Sep 13, 2012
pongpong said:
Yes diana u can land on your way back. I booked at the CIC office here in edmonton to land but they gave me on DEC. 11 and i cannot wait for that. What i did, i went to lethbridge by plane from edmonton back & forth and from lethbridge i rented a car & drove to Carway border crossing. This is the website OF CANADA BORDER SERVICES AGENCY (IMMIGRATION)

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/listing/indexpages/indextype38-e.

By the way conratulations on your passport request.
Phew! That's good to know. I was thinking that if I had to go to the actual border, I wouldn't be able to land until next May, when all the ice has melted!

And thanks -- congrats on your PR!