+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Visa Office Passport Request preparation

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From my research on this forum for last year and this year, the majority of Manila visa office applicants get passport request approximately 1 to 2 months after sponsorship approval.

So in reference to that, my wife and I want to prepare so we can send the same day that request comes.

Can anyone give advice on the following please:

- What is the best and fastest way to send it?
- what additional information could they ask for the same time as passport request?

All of your input is greatly appreciated, and happy processing times... :)

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
A Manila Applicant on the April thread just got their PPR, maybe you can check there and see what they said!

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sounds good, but I kinda wanted to consolidate the responses and experiences to help everyone too. I've read many accounts of passport return with visa in weeks compered to several months and am quite curious to see what delivery options affected the result.

eg, personal delivery, curious deliver (and which one), mail delivery.
Also really want to know peoples experience with Manila office asking for additional info at time of PPR

I think this can help us all so we can get ready to submit as fast as possible.

Cheers!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Sounds cool! Just looking at all the spreadsheets though, and it seems Manila is still working its way through early April applicants for PPR's. I think we have a while left.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
True for this year, but not for last year.....so things could easily speed up as they did with sponsorship approval process.

I'd rather be prepared for just in case, instead of scrambling and making a bad decision...but this thread can also work for those April applicants too, as we need to compile past experiences.

Cheers!

mr70

Sep 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Luckyman,
Just wanted to share with you a little of our experience with the Manila office. Our file was transfered to Manila in May of this year due to the closures of visa offices. In July we got a letter requesting the PP,proof of payment of RPRF, a completed Appendix A (no pictures were required as indicated in the Appendix A instructions) and a completed personal and address history. As I understand the Appendix A is a common request by Manila.

We sent all the requested items,along with a copy of the letter, about 10 days later (45 days was allowed )by courier so we could track them and have proof they were sent. In late August a package from Manila was couriered to my spouses home containing the PP with the visa stamped inside along with the COPR and some returned evidence. There was no charge from the courier even though the letter from Manila had stated it would be returned collect.

Our processing time, excluding the sponsorship approval time, was close to seven months between the two visa offices.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for response....

I payed total 1040 online, and sent in the email receipt with application... But was is appendix A?
And isn't the personal and address history part of the application?

Thanks again!

mr70

Sep 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes the personal history is a part of the application,but ours was not complete. The Appendix A,from what I understand,is a form only required by Manila upon the PP request and is included with the PP request. It just requires names,height,eye colour and passport numbers of family members,like sons/daughters,whether accompanying or not. Also wants contact information of the principle applicant.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
mr70 said:
Yes the personal history is a part of the application,but ours was not complete. The Appendix A,from what I understand,is a form only required by Manila upon the PP request and is included with the PP request. It just requires names,height,eye colour and passport numbers of family members,like sons/daughters,whether accompanying or not. Also wants contact information of the principle applicant.
That's interesting because I remember putting all that information in our original app. I would be curious to know if others had to send in an appendix A also?

mr70

Sep 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Our file was tranfered into Manila from one of the offices that closed,so maybe it is different for those applications that are from within Philippines. It is interesting though,but either way it is an easy form to fill out and Manila wanted it from us and we were not about to question the request.

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Steph C.....I completely agree, and I think that all that speak in individual language should realize that while Canada is multicultural, it is only bilingual. This means that even the citizenship exam is in English or French. And to add, most Filipinos I've met (lots) speak good English, but don't acknowledge it. So having said that....to all Filipinos, realize you'll benefit MUCH more from this forum by speaking English, than Filipino....as there are many of us that can help you too...

Lastly....let's stay on subject please.

Thanks!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Luckyman said:
@ Steph C.....I completely agree, and I think that all that speak in individual language should realize that while Canada is multicultural, it is only bilingual. This means that even the citizenship exam is in English or French. And to add, most Filipinos I've met (lots) speak good English, but don't acknowledge it. So having said that....to all Filipinos, realize you'll benefit MUCH more from this forum by speaking English, than Filipino....as there are many of us that can help you too...

Lastly....let's stay on subject please.

Thanks!
Sorry to stray from topic! I wonder why somebody deleted my post?

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Haha.... That wasn't directed at you... Cheers
I think all posts relating to thread hijacking have been removed.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Luckyman said:
Haha.... That wasn't directed at you... Cheers
I think all posts relating to thread hijacking have been removed.
Oh, was there more discussion? I was wondering why I had some extra minuses beside my profile. Oh well the more posts the more the topic stays at the top of the list ;)

Kano

Sep 8, 2012
Steph C said:
A Manila Applicant on the April thread just got their PPR, maybe you can check there and see what they said!
That would be great if it were in English.