+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

GoonerClank

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013 (Expires 24-02-2014)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04-09-2013<br />DM: 23-01-2014<br />COPR expires: 20-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 24-01-2014
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
Rosey_L said:
If you do it with cathay, you have to present the card, or you can go to their office in makati to have the ticket verified. :) just dropping by to say hi to everyone!=D
Hi Rosey!!! Hope you enjoying Caanada

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Rosey_L said:
If you do it with cathay, you have to present the card, or you can go to their office in makati to have the ticket verified. :) just dropping by to say hi to everyone!=D
How are things going Rosey?

Rosey_L

Aug 10, 2012
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
AOR Received.
SA: 05-11-2012
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-08-2012
Passport Req..
16-05-2013 [ InProcess.....: 30-06-2013] [Decision Made....: 01-07-2013]
VISA ISSUED...
Visa received: 05-07-2013 [issue date: 28-06-2013]
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
Everything is great! Im loving toronto to bits. ;D Started riding the bus and subway on my own and im just so proud of myself.Lol im working downtown at a costume store for the mean time while waiting for the other customer service jobs that i applied for. 2 weeks after I landed, I was able to make it to the final interview at red seal notary but unfortunately i didnt get the job, they only have one vacant position at that time so they must have considered getting someone with a canadian experience, oh well. But i was so happy with the fact that they did consider me for the position though im a newcomer. And oh I remember, I had allergies with raspberry, had tiny little bumps all over my face after eating one, was so curious with how the fresh one taste, never again :p

Rosey_L

Aug 10, 2012
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
AOR Received.
SA: 05-11-2012
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-08-2012
Passport Req..
16-05-2013 [ InProcess.....: 30-06-2013] [Decision Made....: 01-07-2013]
VISA ISSUED...
Visa received: 05-07-2013 [issue date: 28-06-2013]
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
And yes, everyone at work is asking me how come I speak good english. :p

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
So on the topic of settling in.. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself Rosey! If we were in more of a downtown area I think Moose would feel more free to roam. He didn't get his license yet but he got a little ebike and zooms around on it, it looks like a real scooter and goes pretty fast, about 40K. He hit the 2 month mark and started to miss things from home.. those terrible red colour hot dogs.. do they sell them in Canada? He's also missing powdered milk.. anyone who loves powdered milk I would suggest bringing a giant sized tin to Canada with you!

He's so homesick for any other Bisayan guy his age he could possibly hang out with on the front lawn and have pollutant and shots with. There's a Filipino guy we see walking around the neighbourhood every night 10pm who we imagine is a live in caregiver for an elderly man, poor fellow doesn't know he's being stalked, I keep calling him Moose's friend but he hasn't worked up the courage to say hi. We passed him the other night in the car and were waving like mad fools.. this is getting ultra creepy, it was probably more creepy in the dark, with the headlights, I hope Moose can introduce himself pronto.. I seriously LOL'd though the other day when he got up the nerve to say Hi Kabayan to somebody who was Mexican (the dead giveaway was the dude was standing outside a mexican restaurant)
Poor Moose... :(

In an attempt to make him feel less homesick, I managed to get the 3 Filipino channels comped from my local Shaw person! 6 months free.. You guys might try and see if you can get that! So now I'm just left with the burning question... what is the deal with Ryza Mae from Eat Baluga? An 8 year old talk show host? Who is morbidly obese and walks out chanting her own name? Poor little girl.. I'm so afraid for her future.. anyways
:-X it's me who watches it now while Moose is at work..

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
Steph C said:
So on the topic of settling in.. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself Rosey! If we were in more of a downtown area I think Moose would feel more free to roam. He didn't get his license yet but he got a little ebike and zooms around on it, it looks like a real scooter and goes pretty fast, about 40K. He hit the 2 month mark and started to miss things from home.. those terrible red colour hot dogs.. do they sell them in Canada? He's also missing powdered milk.. anyone who loves powdered milk I would suggest bringing a giant sized tin to Canada with you!

He's so homesick for any other Bisayan guy his age he could possibly hang out with on the front lawn and have pollutant and shots with. There's a Filipino guy we see walking around the neighbourhood every night 10pm who we imagine is a live in caregiver for an elderly man, poor fellow doesn't know he's being stalked, I keep calling him Moose's friend but he hasn't worked up the courage to say hi. We passed him the other night in the car and were waving like mad fools.. this is getting ultra creepy, it was probably more creepy in the dark, with the headlights, I hope Moose can introduce himself pronto.. I seriously LOL'd though the other day when he got up the nerve to say Hi Kabayan to somebody who was Mexican (the dead giveaway was the dude was standing outside a mexican restaurant)

In an attempt to make him feel less homesick, I managed to get the 3 Filipino channels comped from my local Shaw person! 6 months free.. You guys might try and see if you can get that! So now I'm just left with the burning question... what is the deal with Ryza Mae from Eat Baluga? An 8 year old talk show host? Who is morbidly obese and walks out chanting her own name? Poor little girl.. I'm so afraid for her future.. anyways
when do the babys start popping out ;D ;D

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Steph C said:

I got those channels for my wife. First GMA but she opted for TFC. Eat Baluga is very addictive I will admit that. I got into it in the Phils watching it with my father in law. I have also wondered about Ryza though she is very funny.

My wife hasn't shown any signs of home sickness. She can chat with her family whenever she feels like it so I guess that makes it easier. She is still on the hunt for a job. Anytime soon would be good for me since I really need to get hacking away at my debt. She has considered a survival job but I have convinced her to go for things in her field. She has started her assessment with APEGM and taken some mentoring classes to get her resume to be more reflective of Canadian standards. She sends out resumes daily and should hopefully start getting interviews soon. next week she retakes her driving test and should ace it this time.
Over all she has adjusted incredibly fast and making our house her home was no problem either. Though I do find more and more of my things in the garage every day......think she is trying to tell me something?

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Tagum-N.B. said:
when do the babys start popping out ;D ;D
F00K ewe! I don't like babies :mad:

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Over all she has adjusted incredibly fast and making our house her home was no problem either. Though I do find more and more of my things in the garage every day......think she is trying to tell me something?
;D ;D ;D

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Steph C said:
. . . He hit the 2 month mark and started to miss things from home.. those terrible red colour hot dogs.. do they sell them in Canada? He's also missing powdered milk.. anyone who loves powdered milk I would suggest bringing a giant sized tin to Canada with you!
Yup they're here too, just source one of those Asian grocery stores whose name either ends in "Phat" or has the word "Lucky" included somewhere in it. My lady gave up Anmum quite willingly once I told her why it was banned in Canada.

MrSki

Star Member
Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2012
AOR Received.
12-11-2012
File Transfer...
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
12-09-2012
Passport Req..
11-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2013
LANDED..........
09-09-2013
truesmile said:
Yup they're here too, just source one of those Asian grocery stores whose name either ends in "Phat" or has the word "Lucky" included somewhere in it. My lady gave up Anmum quite willingly once I told her why it was banned in Canada.
In Toronto you have Galleria and TNT Supermarkets. one of them probably carries them.

doljan

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mnl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 24, 2012
Doc's Request.
mar 25, 2013
Med's Done....
apr 24, 2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
mar 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
apr 8, 2013
LANDED..........
apr 22, 2013
Steph C said:

if only our place is near with your's, i would come over to have a drink with Moose...hehe i've been drinking here alone too,.. from Red Horse lover, i am now a Big Rock Trad lover....

mandn

Dec 3, 2012
Tagum-N.B. said:
yes,,,,,its not uncommon to NOT get doc request,,,,,,,everyone has already filled out appendix A originally in the application
i dont think this is true. there seems to b two
appendix As. the one they sent to me recently was completely different than any form i had ever seen. it was not provided on the sponsorship webpage nor the checklist so it was not possible to fill.in this form before sending a completed application

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
doljan said:
if only our place is near with your's, i would come over to have a drink with Moose...hehe i've been drinking here alone too,.. from Red Horse lover, i am now a Big Rock Trad lover....
But we have Red Horse here, I always buy it for Moose! Poor guy drinking all alone.. He would definitely invite you for a shot

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
WELL CEM IS FAST TRACKING SOME VISAS TODAY ,,,,MOSTLY EXPIRING MEDICALS,,,,,THESE PEOPLE WONT HAVE TO PAY FOR REMED BUT WILL PAY UP THE YING YANG FOR A QUICK FLIGHT TO CANADA,,,,4 VISAS TODAY I BELIEVE,,,OR IN LAST 2 DAYS