+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

BC_guy

Star Member
Aug 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
Add. Docs July 2012
File Transfer...
Jan 2012
Med's Request
Remed via email Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Remed Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2013
LANDED..........
Mar 2013
Hi everybody. I'm the sponsor for same sex M-M conjugal application. Visa has been issued and flight to Canada booked. My partner will be landing this month! After our first in-person meeting 3 years ago... we finally begin our life together in Canada. :)

Good luck everybody for your applications!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
BC_guy said:
Hi everybody. I'm the sponsor for same sex M-M conjugal application. Visa has been issued and flight to Canada booked. My partner will be landing this month! After our first in-person meeting 3 years ago... we finally begin our life together in Canada. :)

Wow! Congrats BC Guy! I'm so happy for you.

Any tips for the rest of us regarding a successful Conjugal application? I'm sure everybody will be eager to hear them!

BC_guy

Star Member
Aug 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
Add. Docs July 2012
File Transfer...
Jan 2012
Med's Request
Remed via email Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Remed Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2013
LANDED..........
Mar 2013
Steph C said:
Wow! Congrats BC Guy! I'm so happy for you.

Any tips for the rest of us regarding a successful Conjugal application? I'm sure everybody will be eager to hear them!
Just make sure you have clear evidence in all 3 categories of your relationship aspects:
- Social
- Emotional
- Financial

The strongest evidence is if you can demonstrate physical visits together. Luckily we were able to see each other in person every 3-4 months.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
BC_guy said:
Just make sure you have clear evidence in all 3 categories of your relationship aspects:
- Physical
- Emotional
- Financial

The strongest evidence is if you can demonstrate physical visits together. Luckily we were able to see each other in person every 3-4 months.
And you had no interview! That's fantastic. I hope our application works as well as yours. We have similar strengths in the time we have spent together. May I ask what kind of additional documents they requested? We're at the stage now that we're waiting for some kind of document request.. in the mean time I'm getting him to scan his signature on the forms so I can preemptively order our notes.

BC_guy

Star Member
Aug 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
Add. Docs July 2012
File Transfer...
Jan 2012
Med's Request
Remed via email Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Remed Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2013
LANDED..........
Mar 2013
Steph C said:
And you had no interview! That's fantastic. I hope our application works as well as yours. We have similar strengths in the time we have spent together. May I ask what kind of additional documents they requested? We're at the stage now that we're waiting for some kind of document request.. in the mean time I'm getting him to scan his signature on the forms so I can preemptively order our notes.
That's correct. The interview was waived. They do not specifically say what additional evidence to provide. They ask for all the same general things recommended in your original application. However through GCMS notes we were able to determine the weak area of our application, and focused on providing that evidence.

Therefore I highly recommend you request GCMS notes. We did so 3 times during our entire process. It's only $5 and well worth it.

But you should fully expect to receive such a letter for additional proof. It seems almost standard for most applications. Begin to prepare for it now.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
BC_guy said:
That's correct. The interview was waived. They do not specifically say what additional evidence to provide. They ask for all the same general things recommended in your original application. However through GCMS notes we were able to determine the weak area of our application, and focused on providing that evidence.

Therefore I highly recommend you request GCMS notes. We did so 3 times during our entire process. It's only $5 and well worth it.

But you should fully expect to receive such a letter for additional proof. It seems almost standard for most applications. Begin to prepare for it now.
So would an example be proof of relationship for the past year since we filed our application? Or does the lock-in date of the application make that un necessary?

BC_guy

Star Member
Aug 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
Add. Docs July 2012
File Transfer...
Jan 2012
Med's Request
Remed via email Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Remed Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2013
LANDED..........
Mar 2013
Steph C said:
So would an example be proof of relationship for the past year since we filed our application? Or does the lock-in date of the application make that un necessary?
Technically the application is judged on everything up to the date of filing the application. But in reality they will consider additional evidence provided since the application date.

So ABSOLUTELY include on-going evidence of your relationship up to the present day. Joint credit card statements, visits, emotional challenges of being apart, anything the supports the financial, emotional, social proof. Family and friends seeing you together as a couple. This demonstrates you marriage-like relationship continues to evolve.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
BC_guy said:

Congrats to you both. Certainly has been a long wait but now the good times can finally begin. Conjugal is difficult I understand. Many get refused.

jarry96

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 17, 2012
AOR Received.
October 3, 2012
File Transfer...
October 4, 2012
Med's Done....
July 4, 2012
Passport Req..
April 26, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 29, 2013
BC_guy said:

That is great news BC Guy! Such a long wait but at least the two of you spent weeks together 3 or 4 times a year.
My partner is also male but we were able to live together here in Davao City so we did a common-law app.

Will you be going to the Philippines to fly into Canada together with your partner?

BC_guy

Star Member
Aug 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
Add. Docs July 2012
File Transfer...
Jan 2012
Med's Request
Remed via email Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Remed Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2013
LANDED..........
Mar 2013
jarry96 said:
That is great news BC Guy! Such a long wait but at least the two of you spent weeks together 3 or 4 times a year.
My partner is also male but we were able to live together here in Davao City so we did a common-law app.

Will you be going to the Philippines to fly into Canada together with your partner?
You're lucky, common-law is much easier application to get approved than conjugal. No I won't be flying to the Philippines. My partner will travel alone to Canada... and I'll be waiting at the airport to greet him. :)
He's flown a lot, so traveling alone won't be a problem.

We're looking forward to traveling together in the future.

Dan_from_Surrey

Nov 5, 2010
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
Doc's Request.
Submitted with app
AOR Received.
Sponsorship approval 24-10-12
File Transfer...
24-10-12
Med's Request
Meds received 1-11-12
Med's Done....
15-08-2012 - Meds re-done 24-10-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
04-06-2013 DM 04-11-13
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-11-2013!
BC_guy said:

Hey! Congrats!!! I will be glad when my wife is finally able to escape the Phil's and make her way back to me. Good luck to you and your partner, enjoy being back together again!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
It's Monday morning bright and early in Manila! Can't you hear those Jeepneys honking?
Here's my summary of all the activity last week, based on Scos's spreadsheet and what I could glean from lurking.

Monday Feb 25

PPR: floresk, kyoks (June) krusmaryosep (July)
Visa received: samjo09 (June)
Landed: babe14 (June)

Tuesday Feb 26

PPR: Cade(May), Simaatar (June)
Visa: Susanaplacador (March 2011)
Landed: sparrow (May) jamica, jun2 (June)

Wednesday Feb 27

PPR: lyndonyumague (May) Jasb08 (June) virtud and sundie134 (July)

Thursday Feb 28

AOR: DaveSav (Feb)
PPR :gimizz (June)
Visa and DM - Joanpelin (April) Gaia (May)
Landed : Missyani

Friday Mar 1

PPR - Len30 (June)
DM - Kessa (2011) Choson, Glitzyfemme, JollyPao (June)
Landed - Mskade

Sunday May 3

MDC from December 2011 got a DM on ecas

Also, as he already announced, BC_guy's partner got his Visa this week!

There's one more applicant from 2011 left from the spreadsheet, ronynotada .. I hope you get some news this week! I believe Emrn is also from 2011 and is still awaiting the visa after interview and remeds in November.. I hope it's soon guys!

8 applicants from April and May are still waiting for their Passport Requests.. as well as 9 from June.

Also on the spreadsheet you may notice that user bersaminaangie was denied - I read on one of the groups that apparently she was sponsored by a parent and she or the parent somehow didn't meet the requirements.. I don't know how CIC let it go on this long before realizing that!

The total count for last week is:

AOR's 1
PPR's 11
DM's 7
Visas 5
Landed 6

Okay here's some predictions for next week, drawn by a magical fighting cock that is tied to my teepee outside.

PPR's for curious0027 (july), real (june) and Mapol, april20 and Neadesiree (May) and CoCo09 (April)

I will also predict that there will be a first August applicant to get a PPR.. elayam0416 or augustrush.

Any more predictions guys?

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
I predict I will be here this time next year.

jarry96

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 17, 2012
AOR Received.
October 3, 2012
File Transfer...
October 4, 2012
Med's Done....
July 4, 2012
Passport Req..
April 26, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 29, 2013
Steph C said:

Okay here's some predictions for next week, drawn by a magical fighting cock that is tied to my teepee outside.

PPR's for curious0027 (july), real (june) and Mapol, april20 and Neadesiree (May) and CoCo09 (April)

I will also predict that there will be a first August applicant to get a PPR.. elayam0416 or augustrush.

Any more predictions guys?

I wonder if a few of these stragglers might actually be in some stage of processing already? For example Neadisire and Mapol may not be aware of the spreadsheet; they are not active on the forum much. The last time NestleAducal posted she spoke of not being able to access ECAS.

I agree with your prediction for Elayam0416 and Augustrush; they look to be the first from August. Quite a few August applicants are ahead of July. Sponsorship approvals really picked up speed after the July applicants. 10 August applications are ahead of me from July! Perhaps there were a lot processors away on vacation at the time.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
jarry96 said:
I wonder if a few of these stragglers might actually be in some stage of processing already? For example Neadisire and Mapol may not be aware of the spreadsheet; they are not active on the forum much. The last time NestleAducal posted she spoke of not being able to access ECAS.

I agree with your prediction for Elayam0416 and Augustrush; they look to be the first from August. Quite a few August applicants are ahead of July. Sponsorship approvals really picked up speed after the July applicants. 10 August applications are ahead of me from July! Perhaps there were a lot processors away on vacation at the time.
You know what scares me? Easter and the number of holidays that go along with it. Good days, bad days, black days, mondays, fridays, tuesdays, I can't keep up with it all! All I can hope is that it's summer and those agents want to be where the aircon is.