+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Steph C said:
awwwww thanks. I spent about 9 months on the application. What do you say? Good things don't come easy? I hope one day I can make a post about my successful Conjugal application and have it be a benchmark for others.. well that's my dream ;) I have to say that reading this forum actually discouraged me from applying for a long time.
Nine months to fill out your application? It took me about 20 minutes to fill out the sponsorship forms and then about 35 minutes to help my wife fill out her PR application. Does your 9 months include getting documents and clearances?

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Nine months to fill out your application? It took me about 20 minutes to fill out the sponsorship forms and then about 35 minutes to help my wife fill out her PR application. Does your 9 months include getting documents and clearances?
No.. it was time spent sorting through and organizing years of chat logs, phone bills, skype, emails, photos, trips, mutual employment history, text messages, and getting letters together and all the burden of proof. It was a really tough job done on my spare time between working and an intense school year. There were also a few computer crashes involved which added plenty of time.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Steph C said:
No.. it was time spent sorting through and organizing years of chat logs, phone bills, skype, emails, photos, trips, mutual employment history, text messages, and getting letters together and all the burden of proof. It was a really tough job done on my spare time between working and an intense school year. There were also a few computer crashes involved which added plenty of time.
I didn't send chat logs I thought it was too much info at the outset to send over 2 years of chatlogs, emails and texts. I simply stated they can be provided upon request.
Pics and plane fare receipts, hotel receipts and marriage cert and accompanying written account of our relationship, My CV, her CV my revenue statement. I think that is it. Been so long now I can't remember what else we included. Maybe too little?

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
I didn't send chat logs I thought it was too much info at the outset to send over 2 years of chatlogs, emails and texts. I simply stated they can be provided upon request.
Pics and plane fare receipts, hotel receipts and marriage cert and accompanying written account of our relationship, My CV, her CV my revenue statement. I think that is it. Been so long now I can't remember what else we included. Maybe too little?
You're married.. we are not. I had to send in the kitchen sink.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Steph C said:
You're married.. we are not. I had to send in the kitchen sink.
Ya I guess that does make a difference.

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Anybody please help!!!!

I received a letter from CEM stating the following:

This is with respect to your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class, the class in which you applied.

A preliminary review of your file, based on the information and documentation you have submitted to date, raises concerns that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 4 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations establishes that a foreign national "shall not be considered a spouse, a common-law partner, a conjugal partner or an adopted child of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership, conjugal partnership or adoption is not genuine and was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act." Due to the limited documentation/information you provided with your application, the information available is insufficient information to conclude that you are in a bona fide relationship with your sponsor and that you are not excluded from the family class pursuant to section 4 of the Regulations.

This letter is being sent to you to offer you an opportunity to respond to this concern and to afford you an opportunity to supplement your file with additional information. Therefore, before a final decision is made by an officer, you may submit a written explanation with respect to the concerns identified above. You are free to provide any submissions or information which you would like the visa officer to consider which might serve to allay these concerns This may include additional proof of relationship in the form of cards, letters, photographs, proof of financial support, e-mail exchanges, chat transcripts, etc. which may support the development and bona fides of your relationship, or any other written documentation you would like to submit.

Please be aware that the onus is on you to satisfy a visa officer that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Therefore, it is in your best interest to ensure that if you do make additional submissions, they are fulsome and address the above concern(s) as completely as possible.

You must provide any additional information you would like the officer to consider within 45 days of the date of this letter. You are also required to submit an NBI clearance with your correct middle name.
At the end of this period, your file will be forwarded to the responsible visa officer for review. The officer will review your file and will make a decision on the application, taking into consideration all of the facts, circumstances and submissions before him/her. This will of course include your response (if any) to the concerns identified above and any additional documentation you have submitted. If you choose not to respond, the officer will make a decision on the basis of the information before him/her.

I feel like breaking down when I received this. I have given them all the documents that they asked. Do i need to seek for a legal advise for this? Im just so frustrated Do I still have a chance to be approved? i really feel so helpless Does anyone here got the same case with mine? your response is my comfort.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Hi Chelseaviel,

I saw one of your posts on this last night. I know you've been waiting for so long. I don't know anything about your case, but all that matters right now is that CEM doesn't yet see your relationship as genuine. But they're giving you a chance to prove them wrong. It's your turn to think about what you sent in the original application and figure out why they think this. You need to see if there are any red flags that you can address. I'm going to list some red flags that may or may not pertain to you. If any of these apply to you, you have to address the issues with written explanation and proof.

Possible red flags:

-An age gap between you and your husband (explain why this works. Mature for your age?)

-You're young and your husband is old, he doesn't want any more kids and you've agreed. (I saw this one on CanLii, they had to appeal because the VO wondered what Filipina in her right mind would give up having kids)

-Your husband is a foreigner that you met online (explain why you would be looking for a foreigner specifically)

-Not having much contact in person (one visit a year, only saw each other for small periods of time - explain why and back it up with mountains of phone bills and chat logs)

-Quick marriage after meeting in person for the first time (why such a hurry? explain the development of the relationship and back it up with chat logs and phone bills)

-Any previous relationships not addressed very clearly? Were either of you married to someone else before? Make sure it's clear.

-Did you attempt to live in Canada or the US before? If you had a previous attempt to go abroad and it didn't work out, they might think you are opportunistic and only want to come to Canada. For example, did you marry another foreigner before, or did you previously try and settle somewhere on a visa that didn't work out.

Those are just some ideas of things they may be examining - I don't know you or your case, so only you can know what they may be thinking.

This is your time to give them everything you've got. Send in all possible relationship proof. Did you get letters from family and friends? Photos, plane tickets, phone logs, skype logs, facebook chats, money transfers, proof of interactions with each other's friends and family, every scrap of paper, every teddy bear he sent you. Probably a photo of the bear would be best :)

Good luck! We will all be patiently waiting for the positive outcome :-*

doljan

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
mnl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 24, 2012
Doc's Request.
mar 25, 2013
Med's Done....
apr 24, 2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
mar 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
apr 8, 2013
LANDED..........
apr 22, 2013
chelseaviel said:
Anybody please help!!!!

This is with respect to your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class, the class in which you applied.

A preliminary review of your file, based on the information and documentation you have submitted to date, raises concerns that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 4 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations establishes that a foreign national "shall not be considered a spouse, a common-law partner, a conjugal partner or an adopted child of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership, conjugal partnership or adoption is not genuine and was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act." Due to the limited documentation/information you provided with your application, the information available is insufficient information to conclude that you are in a bona fide relationship with your sponsor and that you are not excluded from the family class pursuant to section 4 of the Regulations.

This letter is being sent to you to offer you an opportunity to respond to this concern and to afford you an opportunity to supplement your file with additional information. Therefore, before a final decision is made by an officer, you may submit a written explanation with respect to the concerns identified above. You are free to provide any submissions or information which you would like the visa officer to consider which might serve to allay these concerns This may include additional proof of relationship in the form of cards, letters, photographs, proof of financial support, e-mail exchanges, chat transcripts, etc. which may support the development and bona fides of your relationship, or any other written documentation you would like to submit.

Please be aware that the onus is on you to satisfy a visa officer that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Therefore, it is in your best interest to ensure that if you do make additional submissions, they are fulsome and address the above concern(s) as completely as possible.

You must provide any additional information you would like the officer to consider within 45 days of the date of this letter. You are also required to submit an NBI clearance with your correct middle name.
At the end of this period, your file will be forwarded to the responsible visa officer for review. The officer will review your file and will make a decision on the application, taking into consideration all of the facts, circumstances and submissions before him/her. This will of course include your response (if any) to the concerns identified above and any additional documentation you have submitted. If you choose not to respond, the officer will make a decision on the basis of the information before him/her.

I feel like breaking down when I received this. I have given them all the documents that they asked. Do i need to seek for a legal advise for this? Im just so frustrated Do I still have a chance to be approved? i really feel so helpless Does anyone here got the same case with mine? your response is my comfort.
hi chelseaviel,

sad to hear that.... just be patient and provide them additional documents that proves your marriage is genuine...
you can do it,...

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
chelseaviel said:
Anybody please help!!!!

I'm expecting my wife to get one of these. I'm 15 years older. If you can get affidavits from family members that consider your marriage to be genuine that would certainly help.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
I'm expecting my wife to get one of these. I'm 15 years older. If you can get affidavits from family members that consider your marriage to be genuine that would certainly help.
15 years older isn't a huge gap compared to others. I really think Manila is prejudiced against marriages between foreigners and Filipinas. I wonder if we could prove this theory based on people's processing times on the spreadsheet. I've definitely got the time for some analysis this afternoon.. bwaaahahaha

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Steph C said:
15 years older isn't a huge gap compared to others. I really think Manila is prejudiced against marriages between foreigners and Filipinas. I wonder if we could prove this theory based on people's processing times on the spreadsheet. I've definitely got the time for some analysis this afternoon.. bwaaahahaha
I've met a lot of American men in airports to and from Manila who just seem to want a companion more than a wife. They don't really care if they are being used or not.

As for my wife she is a civil engineer and has family in Hamilton so it would have been much easier for her to apply under the nominee programme than marry me if she just wanted to move here. I'm not really worried about an interview or a request for additional proof. I just want them to come faster. LOL.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
I've met a lot of American men in airports to and from Manila who just seem to want a companion more than a wife. They don't really care if they are being used or not.

As for my wife she is a civil engineer and has family in Hamilton so it would have been much easier for her to apply under the nominee programme than marry me if she just wanted to move here. I'm not really worried about an interview or a request for additional proof. I just want them to come faster. LOL.
I know, I've met some real prizes in the MNL airport!
With your wife's background it doesn't sounds like she will have a problem at all.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Steph C said:
Hmmm, then you won't wanna be asking for our data... We're (ahem) "gapped" and both NOT indigenous to PH. Always figured CEM would want to expedite and help those wishing so, to achieve "greener grass status" (whether it really is or not can debate later). Seems "not so" for a few/some/many . . .

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Just checked out the stage 2 processing time for inland applications...8 months??? Am I reading that right?

spmorty

Sep 1, 2012
chelseaviel said:
Anybody please help!!!!

i am on the same time line as chelseaviel and also been requested to supply additional documents... and as being a sponsor if i get a notice like that i guarantee you the last thing that i will be doing is being patient......enough is enough its time to be loud and clear on what you want