+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scos said:
It's a shame you can't by a return one and save the return flight for sometime in the future for a visit...
Haha....that would make too much sense.

Having said that, the one thing I find absolutely horrendous is the hike in cost during the holiday season.....jeeze, people want to be with their loved ones, there is no need to quadruple cost!

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
tuyen said:
$100 for 3 boxes from the Philippines to Canada? Sounds like a bargain to me.

Forget one-way tickets. Buy a normal ticket like everybody else for much less money. You won't be using the return portion of it, so a few days before the return flight, call up the airline and let them know that they have an open seat which they can sell to someone else. They'll be happy, and you'll be happy.
Sounds like a bargain to me too! I asked once . . . $80 for ONE box (although I'd call it a BIG box).

I also agree on the one-way ticket. I understand they can be the same as a return ticket.

Price hike over the hols . . . plan ahead, you can get the same reasonable price if you can book as early as February! (I know, some find that difficult.)

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Steph C said:
One way tickets are still cheaper then round trip. Last time I was looking, one way MNL-YVR was about $700 while round trip was over 1K. There's not a huge choice of airlines. Keep in mind she still can't fly through the US without a C1D visa.
That's strange. A few months ago I was looking for one-way tickets from various parts of Europe to Canada, and they were about $4000 compared to around $1400 for a round-trip ticket.

JonModz

Apr 30, 2012
truesmile said:
No I don't think it would. That's my point, and it prolly would be the most informative source of information considering her currrent state of panickers!
Ok...to my fellow forumers: I will give $5 to those who can help me in my current state of panickers.....I'm so scared now.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
JonModz said:
Ok...to my fellow forumers: I will give $5 to those who can help me in my current state of panickers.....I'm so scared now.
Jon, keep your change :p

Looking through your previous posts: your marriage is in no way legal. We also had a court order for Annulment. This is only the first stage. Some times pushing it through the LCR and NSO can be the most difficult part. Your wife isn't annulled until she has that CENOMAR in her hand. And don't forget the important steps in between getting the court order and getting your CENOMAR. The record of her marriage has to be wiped from her local civil registry and there needs to be an annotated document sent to the NSO for their approval.

Despite the fact that your marriage is not legal, you may be eligible as common-law if you have been living as husband and wife.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
JonModz said:
Here you go:

http://canlii.ca/en/ca/irb/doc/2004/2004canlii56716/2004canlii56716.html

Edit: oops, that's a similar case but not the one I was looking for. The case I was looking for was more similar to yours, where the marriage was found to be bigamous yet the appeal was allowed because they were proven to be common-law or conjugal.

I strongly recommend that you order your GCMS notes, so you can see what's really going on in your file.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

F21

Nov 27, 2012
Steph C said:
Jon, keep your change :p

Looking through your previous posts: your marriage is in no way legal. We also had a court order for Annulment. This is only the first stage. Some times pushing it through the LCR and NSO can be the most difficult part. Your wife isn't annulled until she has that CENOMAR in her hand. And don't forget the important steps in between getting the court order and getting your CENOMAR. The record of her marriage has to be wiped from her local civil registry and there needs to be an annotated document sent to the NSO for their approval.

Despite the fact that your marriage is not legal, you may be eligible as common-law if you have been living as husband and wife.
Ma'am thanks for your advice but we already have the court order and CENOMAR:)
We also got DM in our status ;D

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
F21 said:
Ma'am thanks for your advice but we already have the court order and CENOMAR:)
We also got DM in our status ;D
Good for you! So why were you panicking then and asking for advice?

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Steph C said:
Good for you! So why were you panicking then and asking for advice?
Withdrawals from the forum. Wonder how many of us will make up a new alias and create hypothetical problems to post and ask about . . . just to stay IN the club . . . HAHAHA!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
truesmile said:
Withdrawals from the forum. Wonder how many of us will make up a new alias and create hypothetical problems to post and ask about . . . just to stay IN the club . . . HAHAHA!
Where's my $5 :p

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
. . . I've just converted it to 'pesos' :)

Well I always said (especially here on this forum) that "life is not fair". Now looking at the Manila PPR's coming out, they now indeed seem to be following 'sponsorship approval' date to a "T", AND within the month of May too i.e. I don't see any for June yet. Hmmm, life around here is "fairing" up. Now if only I could confirm that our PPR is coming via snail mail... that's my theory (esp since we've been 'In Process' since 11/15). I'm thinking that ours is coming by 'paper' letter mail since we assigned myself (sponsor) as an 'Authorized Representative'. I cringe to send a "CSE", I'm on the same page as 'tuyen', in that regard.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
truesmile said:
. . . I've just converted it to 'pesos' :)

Well I always said (especially here on this forum) that "life is not fair". Now looking at the Manila PPR's coming out, they now indeed seem to be following 'sponsorship approval' date to a "T", AND within the month of May too i.e. I don't see any for June yet. Hmmm, life around here is "fairing" up. Now if only I could confirm that our PPR is coming via snail mail... that's my theory (esp since we've been 'In Process' since 11/15). I'm thinking that ours is coming by 'paper' letter mail since we assigned myself (sponsor) as an 'Authorized Representative'. I cringe to send a "CSE", I'm on the same page as 'tuyen', in that regard.
Hmpf, my mother used to use that line. You hear it a lot when you have a sibling or two ::)
I'm beginning to feel a little hopeless about our application. We never had any luck since we've been together, I guess we're not expecting it anymore. I saw an applicant from June got a PPR.
What is a CSE? I'm afraid to order GCMS notes in case it delays us further. Really it won't make anything happen quicker to know what is going on.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Wish Mom and Dad had used it on me ALL the time. CSE is a Case Specific Enquiry (CIC-speak for "email") haha. I'm not thinking GCMS notes will slow anything BUT I don't want to order them until I know (think) that they will contain something worthwhile to know.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
BC_guy said:
According to your posted timeline, your wait has not been excessive. It is still within the official 9 month processing time. Your MP will not tell you any more than is already in the GCMS notes. The notes come from Ottawa and do not affect the processing of your application. If it was more than 10 months, then yes it would be appropriate to contact your MP.
It took 6 months for the sponsorship alone

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
tuyen said:
Nobody can tell you when you can "expect" to get anything. You will only know for sure AFTER they approve her application. Nobody can tell you anything else at this point - not your MP, not the VO, not Santa Claus.

According to your profile information, you applied in May of 2012 and you got your acknowledgement in August of 2012. That means it's barely been 3 months...so you're not even a third of the way through the process. Manilla is processing 80% of applications in 11 months, so that means you have an 80% chance that it will be completed by July of 2013, assuming that you submitted a perfect application which required no additional information, no corrections, and nothing else that would slow down the process. But I notice that you also have a note in your profile saying "docs and pics resent" in September, and I don't know what that's all about, but every time they need additional documents from you or corrections for something, you have to realistically add another month or two to your processing time.

By contacting your MP and getting him to start nagging your visa office when you're only 3 months into the 11 month process, there's a very good chance you're going to piss off somebody at the Manilla VO, and your application will quickly end up at the bottom of the pile.
You've misread something.
I contacted my MP when I hadn't received any word concerning the sposorship portion within the CIC posted timeline. By August I contacted my MP who in turn tracked down my application. It was received in Mississauga in May and then appeared minus 2 documents and my wife's passport pics in Ottawa. I then sent them the lost documents and pics the first week of september which sat in nthe back of the queue again until the sponsorship was approved in mid October.
I haven't contacted my MP since the august incident. Though I will if nothing happens come January.
Idle threats of applications ending up on the bottom of piles in VO's is a ridiculous statement. That would only compound their problem.