+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

made a mistake on SCHEDULE A back ground declaration ......already 17 months ...

so-lonely

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
AOR Received.
april 2013
...i made a critical mistake in background declaration form n.......... i m so worried................
just realized yesterday.......n crying since than .......hubby is sooooo mad at me ......
ok so i did a stupid mistake while filling the forms .......in schedule Q NO 6 part (d) there is a quetion if i have ever applied for a visit visa for canada or any country and i and i didnt tick it .......as i have applied for american visit visa but it was way back in 2007.........n now i m panicking ....plz need ur advice n plz no harsh comment as already i m on verge of collapsing plz help
i swear i didnt do it purposely is there any way to correct it ...plz people do tell me something....plz

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Maybe send the form again with the correct information and a cover letter explaining that it was an honest mistake, make sure you add all the application and UCI numbers that you have! It's the only thing that I can think of.
Hopefully somebody else will have other ideas. I'm sorry this happened to you, I realize how stressful it must be!

bobbyinvisalia

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2012
Doc's Request.
15 Feb 2012 and 4 May 2014
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-06-2012
Med's Done....
Re meds 05-05-2014
Interview........
17 Jan 2013 however cancelled.....
Passport Req..
15 Sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hey relax,
Dont you worry U.S embassy don't share any data with any foreign agency. It would have been a blunder if you had applied for a Canadian visa and did not tick on the box, they would have already refused your application for misrepresentation ...
Once again I assure you there is absolutely no need to even discuss that you had applied for U.S or any other visa .Forget it like a bad dream.......I wish you good luck and hope you will hear something nice from your visa office.

so-lonely

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
AOR Received.
april 2013
bobbyinvisalia said:
Hey relax,
Dont you worry U.S embassy don't share any data with any foreign agency. It would have been a blunder if you had applied for a Canadian visa and did not tick on the box, they would have already refused your application for misrepresentation ...
Once again I assure you there is absolutely no need to even discuss that you had applied for U.S or any other visa .Forget it like a bad dream.......I wish you good luck and hope you will hear something nice from your visa office.
sorry sir but as far as i know they do .......coz i searched and found that they count it as misrepresentation thats why i m worried ......so now what to do????

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
I would send them a letter explaining what happened with a new form. Try not to get too stressed over it. Immigration can be a very bumby ride. (we also had errors and I too was so stressed over it. In the end, it wasn't a big deal) Best of luck !

Make sure your letter says File #, name, DOB. Send it courier with tracking number.

Reactions: mweselake

bobbyinvisalia

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2012
Doc's Request.
15 Feb 2012 and 4 May 2014
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-06-2012
Med's Done....
Re meds 05-05-2014
Interview........
17 Jan 2013 however cancelled.....
Passport Req..
15 Sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Although it is not required....... but you can fill out the new Schedule A form and tick on the box that yes you applied for the U.S visa on such and such date and enclose a declaration/covering note that it was accidental and not intentional and being a law abiding citizen wants to accept that blunder otherwise it would have been a breach of trust.
Make sure that you explain on the cover note that it was an error and once you figured it out when you were going through the photocopy of the form, you thought about informing the visa office about this amendment for all future correspondence/records.............Good luck.

so-lonely

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
AOR Received.
april 2013
gsize said:
I would send them a letter explaining what happened with a new form. Try not to get too stressed over it. Immigration can be a very bumby ride. (we also had errors and I too was so stressed over it. In the end, it wasn't a big deal) Best of luck !

Make sure your letter says File #, name, DOB. Send it courier with tracking number.
CANT I EMAIL THE FORM WITH COVER LETTER.....SORRY IF ITS STUPID ...CANT THINK STRAIGHT NOW.....AS I DONT WANT IT TO BE COUNT AS MISREPRESENTATION

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
I wouldn't email it, send it through certified mail (or if you want to email it as well saying that you're sending a hard copy too, but send the hard copy).

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
if the question is not answered, it will not be cause for misrpresntation. more likely than not, they will either ignore it or ask for a new one once your application is in the hands of the visa officer. the schedule a is one of the most common forms applicants are asked to redo, and it seems they give you a hint as to why they want you to redo the form. misrepresentation would be if the answer is yes, you ticked no, and they found out it was a lie.
honestly, don't worry about it. after i sent in my app, i realized i did not answer 2 questions. luckily the answers were provided elsewhere in the app, and i was never asked to redo the forms. it did not delay my approval.

innosense

Feb 13, 2014
Toronto / Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
IP: 7-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 30-May-2015
LANDED..........
10-Jun-2015
Hi,

Are you talking about IMM 5669. The question is if you have ever been refused.......visitor or temporary resident visa etc....?

Did you not answer this at all ? or did you answer incorrectly ?

Just relax. Whatever you did, if i were you, I would just wait to hear from CIC and not do anything in haste. They will not refuse based on this. They will get in touch with you to clarify.

so-lonely

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
AOR Received.
april 2013
ok so i made a cover letter but what to write in the envolope ....means where should i put this info
Name of Applicant:
DOB of Applicant:
Nationality:
Client ID Number:
File Number:
Telephone number:
Type of Application: Permanent residence in Canada

Dreamtwitch

Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
File Transfer...
15-09-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Like innosense said, are you sure you read it correctly or did you just leave it blank?

It says:
d) been refused refugee status, an immigrant or
permanent resident visa (including a
Certificat desélection du Québec
(CSQ) or application to the
Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary
resident visa, to Canada or any other country

So, unless your application to visit the U.S. was refused you did it correctly (unless it's blank, of course).

Nadz1511

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London ( isl)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAR 13
Doc's Request.
AUG 14
File Transfer...
April 2013 Isl...feb 2014 London
Med's Request
19 nov 2014 done on 9- dec 2014
Interview........
Nahi hoa :) alhumdulillah
Passport Req..
DM 20 dec....ppr 13 jan...sent on 2 feb
VISA ISSUED...
5 march 2015
LANDED..........
Insha Allah really really soon
Call cic helpline n ask the agents about ur situation

so-lonely

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
AOR Received.
april 2013
Dreamtwitch said:
Like innosense said, are you sure you read it correctly or did you just leave it blank?

It says:
d) been refused refugee status, an immigrant or
permanent resident visa (including a
Certificat desélection du Québec
(CSQ) or application to the
Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary
resident visa, to Canada or any other country

So, unless your application to visit the U.S. was refused you did it correctly (unless it's blank, of course).
yes i have been refused visit visa .....so i have to tick yes and also give them an explanation.......

so-lonely

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
AOR Received.
april 2013
senior members help plz,,,,what to do........ need input of more people.....