+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

made a mistake on SCHEDULE A back ground declaration ......already 17 months ...

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
so-lonely said:
senior members help plz,,,,what to do........ need input of more people.....
as stated above, there doesn't need to be any worry about misrepresenation. not answering a question is not misrepresentation. LYING on a form is cause for misrepresentation.

if you want to know why your file is taking long, then order your GCSM notes. it may or may not provide information as to whether your file has been started yet. i am not familiar with the processing time for your visa office, so you may not be out of normal processing and there may not be any reason what so ever about why you haven't heard anything. more likely than not, your visa office takes a while to process applications, and you are still within normal processing.

as for the appendix a you have 2 options:
1) stop worrying about it, and wait for your visa office to contact you for more information (again, the appendix a is one of the most common forms requested to be redone by visa offices)
2) send an updated copy to your visa office per the guidelines in your sponsor eligibility letter

quite frankly, your question has been answered, and i can't see how you will get any answers different than the ones already provided.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Yeah but we haven't been able to make it clear whether they lied or not? He/she never answered the question! If they clicked on "no" instead of not clicking then I think it's bad. CIC is really strict with non-visa exempt countries!

(I wouldn't be so sure about it not being bad even if they had just "not ticked" the box. I'm from a third world country. I know how much they care about visas.)

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
This thread might help:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t60804.0.html

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
so-lonely said:
senior members help plz,,,,what to do........ need input of more people.....
As somebody else said...
this is the most common form that they will require when they ask for additional documents,
If you forgot or omit something that they think is important, then the new form should be
answered in the correct way.. after all, its not as confusing as having the whole application package
where mistakes can happen.
If you send the form with an explanatory letter, it will be good enough,
as I assume that they have not yet evaluated your application, therefore, you have time...

I would send the printed form through courier, because they need the original signature,

You noticed the mistake on time to fix it,
what will happen is that they will remove the old form and will add the new one,

Don't be so harsh on yourself...
everything will be OK....
God is in Control

Blessings 8)

so-lonely

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
AOR Received.
april 2013
Awesomeg said:
As somebody else said...
this is the most common form that they will require when they ask for additional documents,
If you forgot or omit something that they think is important, then the new form should be
answered in the correct way.. after all, its not as confusing as having the whole application package
where mistakes can happen.
If you send the form with an explanatory letter, it will be good enough,
as I assume that they have not yet evaluated your application, therefore, you have time...

I would send the printed form through courier, because they need the original signature,

You noticed the mistake on time to fix it,
what will happen is that they will remove the old form and will add the new one,

Don't be so harsh on yourself...
everything will be OK....
God is in Control

Blessings 8)
thank u for your encouraging words as i have already email LONDON VISA office ...plus also sent the request in case specific inquiry......now thinking of fax ......n will courier the form in a day or two

kpsgill

May 15, 2016
hello,

Please help me, I also made the same mistake you made in your forms. I applied for my parents visitor visa in 2011 and visa was refused but while filling form IMM 5669, accidently I tick no in this column

' been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the
Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?'.

Please suggest me what should I do. Now my file is moved to India and they are demanding the updated IMM 5669 from, right now I am ticking yes but for sure they will ask me that why in the past you tick 'no'. I am stressed.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
kpsgill said:
hello,

Please help me, I also made the same mistake you made in your forms. I applied for my parents visitor visa in 2011 and visa was refused but while filling form IMM 5669, accidently I tick no in this column

' been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the
Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?'.

Please suggest me what should I do. Now my file is moved to India and they are demanding the updated IMM 5669 from, right now I am ticking yes but for sure they will ask me that why in the past you tick 'no'. I am stressed.
Write a note along with the form explaining your mistake.

kpsgill

May 15, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
Write a note along with the form explaining your mistake.
THanks for your reply.

I forget to add my mother's Australia visit for 3 months ( but that passport is expired and cancelled), there is no stamp or something else on the new passport. Any suggestions that what should I do while update the IMM5669 Schedule A form

Caroline1234

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Hi so lonely I really need to know if u had gotten through after making the error on schedule a form because I am also in the position I have since submit a update schedule a along with a explaination letter please and info from the senior member or you so lonely would be helpful right now would be helpful

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014/FeDex-ed 26-10
IELTS Request
included in the application
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
I made the same mistake when I was applying for FSW. I was worried but then I realize, what can worrying do if I already made the mistake? So, step 1, CALM DOWN.

I did not submit the form again, informed them thru case specific inquiry about my mistake and what should I do, no reply. I waited for the processing and eventually at the last stage, they ask me to re-submit some forms and that includes the Schedule A.

I'm a PR now.

Reactions: Manguita

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
Caroline1234 said:
Hi so lonely I really need to know if u had gotten through after making the error on schedule a form because I am also in the position I have since submit a update schedule a along with a explaination letter please and info from the senior member or you so lonely would be helpful right now would be helpful
i looked through OP's post history and it does not appear that she ran into any issues afterwards.

when a visa officer suspects misrepresentation, they will send you a procedural fairness letter detailing their concerns before making a final decision. if you have not recieved any such letter, and if you have already submitted an updated schedule A without being asked to do so, then you should be good to go. don't stress.

petertherock77

Sep 13, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-07-2015
Doc's Request.
10-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
22-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-09-2016
Interview........
04-25-2017
Passport Req..
04-25-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-26-2017
LANDED..........
08-22-2017
Hi All,

Did anyone ever get a response from VO about the mistake to the statutory questions? I made same mistake and I sent in letter of explanation including a newly completed Schedule A form. Will this be sufficient. I answered NO to the question " have you ever been denied a visa by any other country". I was denied a U.S visa in Ireland but was later approved 5 months after the denial. I failed to declare it on my application but now I have sent oin LOE and a new background form clearly stating what happened.

Please share your thoughts from your experiences.

Thanks..

petertherock77

Sep 13, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-07-2015
Doc's Request.
10-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
22-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-09-2016
Interview........
04-25-2017
Passport Req..
04-25-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-26-2017
LANDED..........
08-22-2017
Hi All,

Did anyone ever get a response from VO about the mistake to the statutory questions? I made same mistake and I sent in letter of explanation including a newly completed Schedule A form. Will this be sufficient. I answered NO to the question " have you ever been denied a visa by any other country". I was denied a U.S visa in Ireland but was later approved 5 months after the denial. I failed to declare it on my application but now I have sent oin LOE and a new background form clearly stating what happened.

Please share your thoughts from your experiences.

Thanks..

sajjarapu

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Hi Guys,

Even I ended up doing the same mistake, submitted the schedule A 2 weeks back, planning to send an updated version again through IRCC webform.

I have two options :

1. Mention the correction in the IRCC and wait until they request another Schedule A
2. Mention the correction in the IRCC webform and upload the Schedule A too along with it.

Just wanted to check with others who did make the same mistake as mine, is it going to delay my process ? Was it a serious blunder ? little worried :-/
What was the response from CIC to you guys after sending updated documents ?