+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost status as Student while waited for Post Graduation Work permit, is refused

lisa2015

May 29, 2015
Ok, For the Employment details section:-

It is okay to put Not Applicable in all the fields?
Can You answer me that section for each field?

elnazdel

Star Member
Jun 28, 2011
Hi everyone,

I am very stressed out and will appreciate your input. I have recently completed my phd studies and applied for post graduate work permit. I included a letter of completion from my university. The letter mentions that I have completed my phd degree requirements and have defended my thesis successfully. The letter does not mention the length of my program. Do you think it's gonna be a big deal?

Your advice is appreciated.

lisa2015

May 29, 2015
elnazdel said:
Hi everyone,

I am very stressed out and will appreciate your input. I have recently completed my phd studies and applied for post graduate work permit. I included a letter of completion from my university. The letter mentions that I have completed my phd degree requirements and have defended my thesis successfully. The letter does not mention the length of my program. Do you think it's gonna be a big deal?

I am worried as well. I think I will end up paying $200 to an agent and get all my confused questions answered then only.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elnazdel said:
Hi everyone,

Confirmation letters don't always mention length of program. PGWP Officials are aware of Bachelors and PhD degrees. They tend to have issues with some Post graduate diplomas and Masters degrees.

So don't worry. If you feel it won't be enough, you may as well ask for a transcript and attach both. PhDs are known to take 3-5 years of study.

lisa2015

May 29, 2015
jubear said:
Confirmation letters don't always mention length of program. PGWP Officials are aware of Bachelors and PhD degrees. They tend to have issues with some Post graduate diplomas and Masters degrees.

So don't worry. If you feel it won't be enough, you may as well ask for a transcript and attach both. PhDs are known to take 3-5 years of study.
Hi Jubear,

Can you tell me if I should mention my part time in work experience for a job that lasted less than a month in PGWP form?

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lisa2015 said:
Hi Jubear,

Can you tell me if I should mention my part time in work experience for a job that lasted less than a month in PGWP form?
If I was you I wouldn't. Why? Because it doesn't contribute much to the past 10 years of activities/occupations. Secondly, you would be wasting space. You only have 3 spaces to fill.

lisa2015

May 29, 2015
jubear said:
If I was you I wouldn't. Why? Because it doesn't contribute much to the past 10 years of activities/occupations. Secondly, you would be wasting space. You only have 3 spaces to fill.
great thanks...you re the best

ckhk212

Jun 13, 2015
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum, but I've heard great things about it, and I hope some of you can ease my stress level a bit.

Here is the situation about my PGW. I graduated back in December 2014, and got my formal letter from my school around February 2015. I applied my PGW with ALL the documents provided online, and the 155$ fees paid during the beginning of March. But around May 7th, 2015, I received an email from MyCIC said I have a missing 100$ fees, so I paid the missing fee the same day, uploaded my receipt, and MyCIC has a message said uploaded, not submitted to CIC message beside the receipt file I've uploaded. Now here is the problem, I've called in the CIC help centre to inquire about my PGW status couple days ago, and they said it is refused due to the 100$ missing receipt, and they gave me two options initially:
  • 1) Mail in a case reconsideration letter with all the proves I have to a Case Processing Centre in Ottawa
  • 2) Re-apply PGW, but my 90 days limit have passed, so they've suggested me not to choose this option unless #1 failed.

Since my school/work permit is expiring in September 30th, 2015, I got nervous, and decided to call them again yesterday. And the agent told me the Ottawa Case processing centre does not process PGW, and she told me to contact another department (Operation Support Centre), and she suggested me to contact the technical team regarding this issue.

So now my question is: WHERE/WHO should I contact with this online application issue for the PGW? and do you guys have any other suggestions? I appreciated all your help, and I will keep you guys posted. Thank you.

rdhingra

Dec 13, 2015
nour609 said:
Following to my case,,
I have recieved a letter from the imigration as they determind technical problem in the system and they were able to prosses my first application "the one i appled for PGWP and it was missed the copy of my passport"

in fact after i recieved the refussed letter for the first application i sent them an explination letter with a print screan that i have already uplode copy of my passport,, but i had to do another application for the same time.

However: I recieved the PGWP on 10 of Oct 2013 for almost 3 years untill my passport expired "first application passed"
and i canceled the second application and also I recieved my funds back from immigration 350$.
200$ resturation stuts fees
150$ work permit fees.

rdhingra

Dec 13, 2015
Post Graduation Work permit, is refused

hi everyone , i graduated in may 2015 from Toronto and applied for PGWP in july'15 2015 and my study permit expired on aug'31 2015. on Nov' 6 , cic sent me a message to upload the copy of my passport which i already submitted with the application but they asked to upload it again n i did on Nov'7.

on dec'10 2015 , i got the refusal letter and the reason they said me i didnot submit the passport copy . and also written that my temporary resident visa expires on the same day dec'10 2015 .

on the same day i applied for the post graduation work permit again. according to local Alberta time around 11:45pm . but it was 1:45 am according to EST time which shown in my application.

my question to all of you now are:
- what else i can do in this case?
- should i pay the restoration fees now ? as my study permit already expired on 31st august 2015 . and CIC they taking almost 5 months to process the files and they were saying u have to apply restoration within 90 day or 3 months of your permit expires.
- i am really stressed out in this situation

please give me your valuable suggestion and your views so that it will me little bit relief from this situation

rdhingra

Dec 13, 2015
hi everyone , i graduated in may 2015 from Toronto and applied for PGWP in july'15 2015 and my study permit expired on aug'31 2015. on Nov' 6 , cic sent me a message to upload the copy of my passport which i already submitted with the application but they asked to upload it again n i did on Nov'7.

on dec'10 2015 , i got the refusal letter and the reason they said me i didnot submit the passport copy . and also written that my temporary resident visa expires on the same day dec'10 2015 .

on the same day i applied for the post graduation work permit again. according to local Alberta time around 11:45pm . but it was 1:45 am according to EST time which shown in my application.

my question to all of you now are:
- what else i can do in this case?
- should i pay the restoration fees now ? as my study permit already expired on 31st august 2015 . and CIC they taking almost 5 months to process the files and they were saying u have to apply restoration within 90 day or 3 months of your permit expires.
- i am really stressed out in this situation

please give me your valuable suggestion and your views so that it will me little bit relief from this situation

olammon

Mar 17, 2016
Hi there,

Could you please kindly let me know if you did your restoration through online or paper application?
I am currently in a situation similar to what you were in, i did get a refusal letter and i am requested to apply for restoration, but i am confused as some people say i can apply online while some people said it must be paper application. Please guide me on which one is the right way?
Please reply ASAP
Thanks in advance

Paps89

Mar 23, 2016
olammon said:
Hi there,

Could you please kindly let me know if you did your restoration through online or paper application?
I am currently in a situation similar to what you were in, i did get a refusal letter and i am requested to apply for restoration, but i am confused as some people say i can apply online while some people said it must be paper application. Please guide me on which one is the right way?
Please reply ASAP
Thanks in advance
Let me give you some words of encouragement I applied for PGWP April 29 2015, got a refusal letter December 3,2015 called Cic call centre and they were saying it's already 90 days after my graduation and they don't think it's possible to get it anymore. I applied online anyway for restoration of status as a student and also PGWP on December 9,2015... I called them to follow up January 4,2016 they told me I should have applied on paper to be on the safe side, I cancelled my online application and applied on paper Jan 4, 2016 .. I got it by mail box May 4 2016 .. That's 1year after I graduated. And I was given 3yrs 2months PGWP .....I paid $605

Reactions: fakelucio

rdhingra

Dec 13, 2015
Paps89 said:
Let me give you some words of encouragement I applied for PGWP April 29 2015, got a refusal letter December 3,2015 called Cic call centre and they were saying it's already 90 days after my graduation and they don't think it's possible to get it anymore. I applied online anyway for restoration of status as a student and also PGWP on December 9,2015... I called them to follow up January 4,2016 they told me I should have applied on paper to be on the safe side, I cancelled my online application and applied on paper Jan 4, 2016 .. I got it by mail box May 4 2016 .. That's 1year after I graduated. And I was given 3yrs 2months PGWP .....I paid $605
Could you please send me your email id I need to ask few more questions. I am really into stressed situation
Please do reply me asap

RAMAN2633

Oct 6, 2016
hi i have same situation. my study permit has expired last month and i have to apply for my PGWP. i got that i have to apply for restoration my status as a student and apply for PGWP. but i have few doubts if somebody can please help me with these.
1. do i need to get an offer letter to apply for restoration my status as student
2. if not what i suppose to fill in a space where it says, intend to study in canada, program name starting date etc.
please if some body could help me with this, i would be very thankfull to them.
thank you