+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost status as Student while waited for Post Graduation Work permit, is refused

RAJ_India

Dec 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have completed diploma program of 2 years. I applied for the Post Graduation work permit before 2 months of the expiration of my study permit. I had attached my passport copy and transcripts.

After a month, I got mail from CIC asking me to attach letter of gradutation, but I couldn't attach on time and my application was processed without the letter,

Now I am end up getting my application refused and I have lost my status in canada.

I called CIC help center,
and they guide me to do
- an application for restoration of my status as student in Canada and
- an application for Post Gradaution work permit

So, I did it last week, I have attached the Copy of my passport, Transcripts, a Diploma Certificate and Fee Receipts.
Now Waiting for them to Reply.

Is there anybody who have witnessed such situation like mine? and what are my chances to get Post Graduation Work Permit.?

Please reply anything reguarding my case,, That will be very helpfull to me..

Thank You So Much....

Reactions: Mansi shah@294

RAJ_India

Dec 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People who read, please reply something.. I am so nervous....

Maryam_d

Oct 3, 2012
Hello Raj,

I applied for my post graduate work permit last year. They indeed need a letter from your graduation department of your university/college or whatever there is, which verifies your completion of studies. If you refuse to send it to them as one of the required documents for such application, they will keep rejecting your request. So make sure you are submitting this letter this time.
If this time your application is complete, you will be granted a post graduate work permit (check the processing time in cic website, for me it took 3 months last year!).
You might have paid an extra fee of around 200$ as a fine of not having a valid status in Canada, which is called restoration of your status. If so, don’t worry and just wait until you get your work permit. Seems the only thing you lost is 200$ !

Wish you luck

MUSHROOMROOM

Star Member
Dec 25, 2012
Heyy just want to follow up your situation. Can you re-apply for your PGWP even though it was more than 90 days upon your graduation? Or it does not matter since you did submit your application once on time?

Did you apply online or through paper?

Thank you!

RAJ_India said:
I have completed diploma program of 2 years. I applied for the Post Graduation work permit before 2 months of the expiration of my study permit. I had attached my passport copy and transcripts.

After a month, I got mail from CIC asking me to attach letter of gradutation, but I couldn't attach on time and my application was processed without the letter,

Now I am end up getting my application refused and I have lost my status in canada.

I called CIC help center,
and they guide me to do
- an application for restoration of my status as student in Canada and
- an application for Post Gradaution work permit

So, I did it last week, I have attached the Copy of my passport, Transcripts, a Diploma Certificate and Fee Receipts.
Now Waiting for them to Reply.

Is there anybody who have witnessed such situation like mine? and what are my chances to get Post Graduation Work Permit.?

Please reply anything reguarding my case,, That will be very helpfull to me..

Thank You So Much....

lwoodi

Jan 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
21-01-2014
Nomination.....
14-03-2014
Med's Request
22-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-05-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-03-2015
I think even if the 90 days have passed, once CIC has said so you can pay $350 (so $200 for restoration and $150 for the visa) and submit all the documents (letter from school, graduation etc.) and you should get PGWP.

I had a somewhat similar situation. I applied for my PGWP on Oct. 27th with everything but they sent me a letter Dec. 5th saying denied cuz I had no payment. I contacted them with my receipt etc. which they issued me since Oct. 27th. So somewhere the online system sent me a receipt but it didn't show up in their system? Anyways it was under review since then and finally today I called and it was approved for one yr starting Jan. 10th and is in the mail. This is great cuz I do have some jobs interested and lined up but I couldn't start!!! Now at least I can get that going and focus on the next step, i.e. getting provincial nominee status or extending my work permit, or getting permanent residency ... good luck!

MUSHROOMROOM

Star Member
Dec 25, 2012
YAY!! So happy for you! I have been following your case! Can't believe it took another whole month for them to figure things out and it wasn't even your fault!
As far as I remember, you emailed CIC and sent it your receipt by mail as well. Are there anything other thing you did? Did you just keep on calling them to follow up your case?
I assume you apply online? It is not a bad timeline, honestly. Less than two months!
I wish i could have applied online :(

RAJ_India

Dec 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks to all of you for your moral support and listening to my case,,, I finally got my post graduation work permit. It took 4 months and 20 days... My status has been restored and I have 3 years work permit starting from the day they issued me.

firelinks

Aug 7, 2013
Hey Guys,

I have somewhat of a similar issue as described here. I got a letter from CIC stating that my PGWP is refused because I do not have a valid passport, identity or travel documents. Currently, I am in Canada, but my Passport is overseas being renewed. By the time I get my new passport, it will be pass the 90 days of my graduation. Do you think I will still be able to apply?

Mike

nour609

Sep 7, 2013
RAJ-INdia,,

I'm very happy for you man ,,

I have to apply for restoration my PGWP as i get denied due to failure uploaded my passport copy online clearly!!!
I graduated on 31 july 2013
My study permit expired on 19 August 2013
I have to do restoration my status but i have no Idea if i have to apply for study permit too along with it.

I want to ask you if you the following questions?
1) did you attached any offer letter along with the restoration application?
2) did you apply for the study permit at the same time? if you didn't that's mean you paid only 350$ Right?
3) did you write any explanation letter?

Kkirat

Oct 10, 2013
hEY Buddy
My case is same .....I am really stuck at restoring .....I didnt had money to clear my school fees and get a letter from college about my graduation ...now as my fees is cleared they gave me letter...
But my study permit expired . Can somebody please tell me how to do the restoration as a student...the IMM 5709 is asking me for submitting new letter of acceptance, proof of funds as well....
Please help me .... I applied onlin .....online system says that I need to restore under work and apply for PGWP....its 350$...its really confusing ....
DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO
CAN anyone please help me
any help would be appreciated
i have very limited time

nour609

Sep 7, 2013
Following to my case,,
I have recieved a letter from the imigration as they determind technical problem in the system and they were able to prosses my first application "the one i appled for PGWP and it was missed the copy of my passport"

in fact after i recieved the refussed letter for the first application i sent them an explination letter with a print screan that i have already uplode copy of my passport,, but i had to do another application for the same time.

However: I recieved the PGWP on 10 of Oct 2013 for almost 3 years untill my passport expired "first application passed"
and i canceled the second application and also I recieved my funds back from immigration 350$.
200$ resturation stuts fees
150$ work permit fees.

lisa2015

May 29, 2015
Hi everyone,

Just a single query regarding my PGWP application :-

During eligibility questionnaire fill-up for my PGWP, I selected transcript as an option for :-
"Which document have you received stating that you have completed all the requirements for your program of study?"

Now while uploading the documents, can I upload transcripts and letter of graduation in one pdf file??

Many Thanks

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lisa2015 said:
Hi everyone,

Just a single query regarding my PGWP application :-

During eligibility questionnaire fill-up for my PGWP, I selected transcript as an option for :-
"Which document have you received stating that you have completed all the requirements for your program of study?"

Now while uploading the documents, can I upload transcripts and letter of graduation in one pdf file??

Many Thanks
Hello Lisa,

Yes, you can indeed. Either a transcript or letter of graduation is recommended. You may choose to use only the transcript. However, its better you combine both in one PDF file. Scan them in color if possible.

Good luck!

lisa2015

May 29, 2015
jubear said:
Hello Lisa,

Yes, you can indeed. Either a transcript or letter of graduation is recommended. You may choose to use only the transcript. However, its better you combine both in one PDF file. Scan them in color if possible.

Good luck!
Thanks, in the application form, do you suggest to type in the name at the end of the form besides the date? I see that you have mentioned not to sign it for online application in above comments but how about typing in ?

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lisa2015 said:
Thanks, in the application form, do you suggest to type in the name at the end of the form besides the date? I see that you have mentioned not to sign it for online application in above comments but how about typing in ?
It depends on the form. But yes, for PGWP forms you can type in your name as a signature.