+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
In case anyone is curious as to what a PPR e-mail looks like, thought I'd share (this was to the applicant, in the applicant's inbox)

Date: November 16, 2012

UCI: *********

Application: F*********

*F**********

Applicant Name
Applicant mailing address
Dear

Applicant's full name:
We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada has been completed.

You are required to submit your passport(s), photographs by MAIL within the next sixty (60) days from the date of this letter. As the validity of your visa(s) has been already established and is limited to a fixed date, it CANNOT be extended under any circumstances. We therefore urge you to read and follow carefully the instructions below without delay:

PLEASE NOTE:

Failure to provide the required travel document(s) within 60 days from the date of this letter will lead us to conclude that you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and your application will be refused based the information that is available in your file. Once the application is refused, you would be able to reapply, but you would be required to submit a new application and pay a new processing fee. The new application would be assessed according to the Canadian Immigration legislations in force at the time that the new application was filed.

Passport

requirements

We require an original VALID passport for yourself and every accompanying family member.
Passports for all accompanying family members must be submitted together.
There must be at least one blank page in your passport(s).
If there are children included in your passport, there must be blank pages for their visas as well.
The immigrant visa that is to be placed in your passport(s) will show an expiry date. You may enter Canada anytime before the expiry date shown on the visa. Please note this date cannot be extended. If you fail to enter Canada before this date, you will be required to reapply and submit a new application and processing fee.
Please note: Immigrant visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
Photographs

We require TWO (2) recent photographs of yourself and each accompanying family member. See Photograph Specifications at the end of this letter.
Please complete the Height and Eye Colour Chart found at the end of this letter.
Return of your passports

Our mailing address: 550 South Hope Street, 9th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90071

If your mailing address is in the USA:

Please purchase two prepaid, 9" x 12" USPS Express Mail or USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation envelopes.
Enclose one envelope in the other envelope. Add the passport(s) and documents you wish to send to us. This second envelope will be used to return your passport and any original documents.
Complete the mailing label on the return envelope showing your full mailing address in the "Deliver To" field and the address of the Consulate General of Canada in the "Return Address" field.
Make a note of the tracking number for each envelope.
Enter a daytime telephone number on the mailing label above the recipient address.
If you chose to not provide us with such a return envelope, we will mail your passport(s) and documents via regular mail (US Postal Service First Class Mail).

Please note that the visa office in Los Angeles will not return your documents using any courier services.
If your mailing address is in Canada or another country:

Persons currently residing in Canada or another country with applications in our office must not submit a return mail envelope.
We are only able to return passport(s) and documents to Canadian addresses by regular mail (US Postal Service First Class Mail).

Please note that the visa office in Los Angeles will not return your documents using any courier services.
*** IMPORTANT ***

Change of marital status or family composition

DO NOT send your passport(s) at this time if your marital status or family composition changed, or your Canadian sponsor withdrawn the Family Class sponsorship application. Instead, you should immediately send to this office the following documents according to your circumstances:

a copy of the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption certificate; or
a letter advising when and where the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption is expected to take place; or
a letter from your Canadian sponsor confirming his/her intention on withdrawal of the FC sponsorship application.
NOTE: If you are expecting a child and are able to land in Canada before the child is born, you should do so. Failure to land before additional dependants are born will result in the need for a new application and new fees for all family members.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Photograph Specifications

The two photos must:

have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8 x 1 3/4″) finished size;
measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1" and 1 1/5") from chin to crown (top of head);
have been taken within the last 12 months to ensure an up-to-date likeness;
have the date the photo was taken written directly on the back of one of the photo;
be clear and well defined;
be taken against a plain light background without shadows; and
present a front view of the person’s head, showing the full face in the middle of the photo

Note that photos may be either black and white or colour. Religious head coverings may be worn, as long as the full facial features are visible. Non-tinted or tinted prescription glasses may be worn as long as the eyes are clearly visible and not hidden by glare on the lens. Sunglasses are not acceptable. The face must be square to the camera with a neutral expression and with the mouth closed.

Height and Eye Colour Chart

Please list height and eye colour for yourself and all accompanying family members below.

Eye colour choices: Blue, Green, Gray, Black, Brown, Hazel or Other.

Principal Applicant

Name: ________________________________________________ Date of Birth: __________________

HEIGHT

: ___________CM or ________ FEET ________INCHES EYE COLOUR: ________________

Spouse/ Common-Law Partner

Name

:_________________________________________________ Date of Birth:__________________

HEIGHT

Dependent

Name

:_________________________________________________ Date of Birth:__________________

HEIGHT

Dependent

Name

HEIGHT

Dependent

Name

HEIGHT

: ___________CM or ________ FEET ________INCHES EYE COLOUR: _________________

Dependent

Name:_________________________________________________ Date of Birth:__________________

HEIGHT

Immigration Section / Département d'immigration
550 S. Hope Street, 9th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90071 • FAX: (213) 625-7154
Email: los-angeles-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca • Website: www.losangeles.gc.ca

tavora

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
02-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
07-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
parker24 said:
I love your memory haha!!!

I'm trying to figure out how to do the car thing, I'm annoyed with his bank but I'm gonna go talk to MY bank and see if there's something they can do. There's about 3400 left on the car. I've had some issues with credit cards in the past so I have NO idea if I'll get a loan at all. I may be able to since it's not a lot of money but who knows *shakes head* The car is the only very stressful part of it. His mom was thinking we'd be down for christmas ::) ehh not this year momma haha :)
Question for you, Parker - your husband originally drove his car into Canada when he came on his extended 'visit'? Were there any problems/issues when crossing the border? We plan on doing this as well, when I drive back with my husband in February. But we will need clear title in order to officially import it, correct?

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
Congrats Parker! Welcome to the postman stalkers club! :p

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
parker24 said:
That's what I was thinking as for the visitor's visa. And the iffyness is due to him coming here as a visitor and getting questioned (he has adhd and got distracted a lot so it was difficult for him). But I'll have him suck it up haha! I'm planning a Canadian Party for him with my sisters :p
Landing as a PR doesn't take long enough for him to lose attention...

Rose2D2

Star Member
Aug 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2012
File Transfer...
22-06-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
parker24 said:
In case anyone is curious as to what a PPR e-mail looks like, thought I'd share (this was to the applicant, in the applicant's inbox)

Date: November 16, 2012

UCI: *********

Application: F*********

*F**********

Applicant Name
Applicant mailing address
Dear

Applicant's full name:
We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada has been completed.

You are required to submit your passport(s), photographs by MAIL within the next sixty (60) days from the date of this letter. As the validity of your visa(s) has been already established and is limited to a fixed date, it CANNOT be extended under any circumstances. We therefore urge you to read and follow carefully the instructions below without delay:

PLEASE NOTE:

Failure to provide the required travel document(s) within 60 days from the date of this letter will lead us to conclude that you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and your application will be refused based the information that is available in your file. Once the application is refused, you would be able to reapply, but you would be required to submit a new application and pay a new processing fee. The new application would be assessed according to the Canadian Immigration legislations in force at the time that the new application was filed.

Passport

requirements

We require an original VALID passport for yourself and every accompanying family member.
Passports for all accompanying family members must be submitted together.
There must be at least one blank page in your passport(s).
If there are children included in your passport, there must be blank pages for their visas as well.
The immigrant visa that is to be placed in your passport(s) will show an expiry date. You may enter Canada anytime before the expiry date shown on the visa. Please note this date cannot be extended. If you fail to enter Canada before this date, you will be required to reapply and submit a new application and processing fee.
Please note: Immigrant visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
Photographs

We require TWO (2) recent photographs of yourself and each accompanying family member. See Photograph Specifications at the end of this letter.
Please complete the Height and Eye Colour Chart found at the end of this letter.
Return of your passports

Our mailing address: 550 South Hope Street, 9th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90071

If your mailing address is in the USA:

Please purchase two prepaid, 9" x 12" USPS Express Mail or USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation envelopes.
Enclose one envelope in the other envelope. Add the passport(s) and documents you wish to send to us. This second envelope will be used to return your passport and any original documents.
Complete the mailing label on the return envelope showing your full mailing address in the "Deliver To" field and the address of the Consulate General of Canada in the "Return Address" field.
Make a note of the tracking number for each envelope.
Enter a daytime telephone number on the mailing label above the recipient address.
If you chose to not provide us with such a return envelope, we will mail your passport(s) and documents via regular mail (US Postal Service First Class Mail).

If your mailing address is in Canada or another country:

Persons currently residing in Canada or another country with applications in our office must not submit a return mail envelope.
We are only able to return passport(s) and documents to Canadian addresses by regular mail (US Postal Service First Class Mail).

*** IMPORTANT ***

Change of marital status or family composition

DO NOT send your passport(s) at this time if your marital status or family composition changed, or your Canadian sponsor withdrawn the Family Class sponsorship application. Instead, you should immediately send to this office the following documents according to your circumstances:

a copy of the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption certificate; or
a letter advising when and where the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption is expected to take place; or
a letter from your Canadian sponsor confirming his/her intention on withdrawal of the FC sponsorship application.
NOTE: If you are expecting a child and are able to land in Canada before the child is born, you should do so. Failure to land before additional dependants are born will result in the need for a new application and new fees for all family members.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Photograph Specifications

The two photos must:

have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8 x 1 3/4″) finished size;
measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1" and 1 1/5") from chin to crown (top of head);
have been taken within the last 12 months to ensure an up-to-date likeness;
have the date the photo was taken written directly on the back of one of the photo;
be clear and well defined;
be taken against a plain light background without shadows; and
present a front view of the person's head, showing the full face in the middle of the photo

Note that photos may be either black and white or colour. Religious head coverings may be worn, as long as the full facial features are visible. Non-tinted or tinted prescription glasses may be worn as long as the eyes are clearly visible and not hidden by glare on the lens. Sunglasses are not acceptable. The face must be square to the camera with a neutral expression and with the mouth closed.

Height and Eye Colour Chart

Please list height and eye colour for yourself and all accompanying family members below.

Eye colour choices: Blue, Green, Gray, Black, Brown, Hazel or Other.

Principal Applicant

Name: ________________________________________________ Date of Birth: __________________

HEIGHT

Spouse/ Common-Law Partner

Name

HEIGHT

Dependent

Name

HEIGHT

Dependent

Name

HEIGHT

Dependent

Name

HEIGHT

Dependent

Name:_________________________________________________ Date of Birth:__________________

HEIGHT

Immigration Section / Département d'immigration
550 S. Hope Street, 9th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90071 • FAX: (213) 625-7154
Email: los-angeles-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca • Website: www.losangeles.gc.ca
First: CONGRATULATIONS!!! I had been hoping you were going to get it soon, since you said that without your husband being able to work, things were tight financially. Here's hoping for a speedy copr!

Second: I'm back in freak out stage. That's not what my email looked like at all. I'm worried it wasn't actually a PPR now. Ottawa asked for a copy of my passport, but they didn't say anything about my file being completed. If that was PPR, my how different the two offices are...

santoki

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
AOR Received.
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
02-02-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2012
LANDED..........
17-12-2012
Rose2D2 said:
First: CONGRATULATIONS!!! I had been hoping you were going to get it soon, since you said that without your husband being able to work, things were tight financially. Here's hoping for a speedy copr!

Second: I'm back in freak out stage. That's not what my email looked like at all. I'm worried it wasn't actually a PPR now. Ottawa asked for a copy of my passport, but they didn't say anything about my file being completed. If that was PPR, my how different the two offices are...
I wouldn't freak out. It seems clear that, for the time being, Ottawa has different procedures when it comes to requesting the passport. I received a much different email as well, but have been told a couple of times that the file is close to final processing and should receive PR very soon. Different offices, different steps, but results nearly the same in both cases.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
tavora said:
Question for you, Parker - your husband originally drove his car into Canada when he came on his extended 'visit'? Were there any problems/issues when crossing the border? We plan on doing this as well, when I drive back with my husband in February. But we will need clear title in order to officially import it, correct?
There was no issue with the border. But his bank was filled with idiots (that's putting it nicely) who thought he took it OVERSEAS.... ::) They thought Canada was actually where Britain is. SIGH. But no, no issues. All they asked about the car at the border was if it was in his name. Didn't ask to see a title or anything, thankfully!

I lost a bit of sleep last night thinking about the car. I'm hoping everything goes smoothly as possible. Anyone know if we'd have to register the car right as he's landing? Because I'm not sure if I can get a loan until he lands. I'm going to see if my bank can talk to his bank and get the loan transferred here, which would be easier. Who knew Cars were so stressful!!!

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Creampop said:
Congrats Parker! Welcome to the postman stalkers club! :p
HAHA love it! Though that would be creepy, stalking my mom and all ;) :p (She's our postperson haha)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
parker24 said:
I lost a bit of sleep last night thinking about the car. I'm hoping everything goes smoothly as possible. Anyone know if we'd have to register the car right as he's landing? Because I'm not sure if I can get a loan until he lands. I'm going to see if my bank can talk to his bank and get the loan transferred here, which would be easier. Who knew Cars were so stressful!!!
My suggestion: list it as "goods to follow". Use a different car to go to the border or walk across if you can. Here in BC I'd say "park it in the lot on the Canadian side and walk through peace arch park, land and then go home". Then you can "export" it on the US side, "import" it on the Canadian side, pay the import application fee (which isn't waived) and go get whatever work needs to be done to make it Canada ready (Canadian Tire is good for that sort of thing I'm told).

Just don't wait 6 months to import the car...

pixieprincess

Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2011
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012...received by mail on 20-11-2012
I am officially paranoid that my passport has been lost ??? I've been stalking the mail man for 3 weeks now and nothing. My grandmothers health is getting a lot worse and im afraid i wont have my passport when the time comes for me to say goodbye. Has anyone else had to wait this long, or are still waiting?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
pixieprincess said:
I am officially paranoid that my passport has been lost ??? I've been stalking the mail man for 3 weeks now and nothing. My grandmothers health is getting a lot worse and im afraid i wont have my passport when the time comes for me to say goodbye. Has anyone else had to wait this long, or are still waiting?
It does generally seem to require approximately four weeks. Did you have them return it via regular mail or did you have them use an express mail envelope? Regular mail can - in my experience - take 4-14 days from the US to Canada. I've never quite understood why so much variation in time. So, add LA's variation in time to the mail's variation in time and you really could be getting it pretty much any day now.

pixieprincess

Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2011
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012...received by mail on 20-11-2012
they said to not include a return envelope if the return address is in canada but that they would send it back using first class mail. so idk ill continue stalking the mail man and hope that when i get home from class tomorrow it will be sitting in my mailbox lol

manispreet

Jul 9, 2012
San Francisco
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa -> LA (may be)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-07-2012
Med's Request
09-07-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Passport Req..
10-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2012
LANDED..........
Christmas 2012
parker24 said:
HUBBY GOT PPR!!!

We are gonna go jump and dance now!!! :D (Or I will anyway haha)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooooooo happy for you :)

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
computergeek said:
My suggestion: list it as "goods to follow". Use a different car to go to the border or walk across if you can. Here in BC I'd say "park it in the lot on the Canadian side and walk through peace arch park, land and then go home". Then you can "export" it on the US side, "import" it on the Canadian side, pay the import application fee (which isn't waived) and go get whatever work needs to be done to make it Canada ready (Canadian Tire is good for that sort of thing I'm told).

Just don't wait 6 months to import the car...
My parents were talking about possibly going over and then just getting him to land on the way back, which could work. Won't be waiting 6 months, that's for sure! I'm going to my bank tomorrow and going to talk to them and see what they can do. While I'm excited for my husband, I'm not excited about the importing crap aaahh *Grumble* :) Thanks CG!

madras

Nov 14, 2012
pixieprincess said:
I'm paranoid as well! My passport was required on oct 10th, and it's taking forever! I'm really hoping it gets here this week, and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!