+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking to apply for A Criminal Rehabilitation Permit, I need help!

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
Hi brisal13,

did you finally get through?

Patience09

Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 06 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06 2014
File Transfer...
Jan 13 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 18 2013
Hi Woman,

I wanted to find out what it is like after the approval for rehabilitation when it comes to obtaining jobs in Canada. Is it like a pardon? What I mean by that is are you still required to disclose your prior convictions when filling out applications, or is it considered forgiven? Have you encountered any issues since you landed in Canada because of your past?

Thank you!

It can take anywhere from 6 months to 3 years. The time frame is partially dictated by what Canadian Consulate office you send your application to. The first assessment of your application is done at the local nation Canadian Visa office you mail your application to. After initial review, your application (with suggested action from the reviewing immigration officer) is forwarded to Canada Immigration (in Canada) for final review and approval/denial. I would suggest checking each location's posted time frame for rehabilitation. At the time I applied, Washington DC was the shortest. I lived in Idaho and knew by applying in Washibngton DC I was taking the chance of having to travel there for any interviews (should they be required). Here is the link to the Canada Visa office location websites:

I applied for rehabilitation in April 2009 and was approved in December 2010.

Good luck!
[/quote]

duiusa

Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2012 (Federal)
Nomination.....
Dec, 2011
Med's Done....
July 5, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept, 2013
Now rules have changed (since March 2012), even with DUI you can enter Canada.....ppl with one DUI can easily enter Canada without any problem.....

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

duiusa said:
Now rules have changed (since March 2012), even with DUI you can enter Canada.....ppl with one DUI can easily enter Canada without any problem.....
Not quite. Visitor can be admitted ONCE on a TRP if they are inadmissible. They must apply for rehabilitation for any further admissions. Read: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob389.asp

Reni84

Jan 23, 2013
Basic question:
Can I apply for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) while my Criminal Rehabilitation is being Processed?

My case in outlines:
After agreed in a great option for a 6 months post-doctorate position in Canada I have applied from outside Canada (to the Vienna Visa Office) for a Temporary Work Permit (with the job offer in my hand, no LMO needed this case). They got back to me quickly (few weeks) that i need to provide more documents to continue the process as I am inadmissible but I'm eligible for Criminal Rehabilitation.

This was both via e-mail and on the phone. On the phone I was told I will get my papers as soon as i provide the documents, because my job will start soon. So I got under the impression I can start my job in time, i have arranged a place to live, etc.

After 30 days since the (personal) submission this new documents I went to Vienna, again in person, to ask them. It shocked me that my process can take months, even a year. I understand that this is the normal processing time, but why did they asked me to apply and pay the 1000 CAD if i cannot even get my papers by the time I have the job offer. Based on this question, and on the phone call details I am suspicious that i was going to get instantly a TRP to enter once while they decide my rehabilitation, but somehow my application was mixed up.

I am just wondering about the likeliness of this. And also can I apply for a TRP while my rehabilitation papers are processed? If I cannot, i will likely try to cancel my application and get back the 1000 CAD, because this option is for now. It would be a big career step to gain experience in this Canadian University, which i was eager for, but I just left school, so I have to be realistic.

Thank you for any reply. If anyone who ever asked for Rehablitation at Visa Office in Vienna has a suggestion about processing time?

ps: I posted this question to an other topic already, but I just realized is wiser to post here, sorry for confusion.

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
I am not sure if you are a right person to ask this question. My apologies if this question is not for you. I was charged with DWI in November 2008 and i was convicted with Careless driving in January 2009 in Minnesota USA. This is something i am not proud of and i learned my lesson. I just applied criminal rehabilitation application today. Do you have knowledge if i can apply for Canadian PR via express entry or not? Should caress driving result into denial if i get into express entry pool? I have good higher education and work exp in USA. Please share your knowledge if you know the answer or have seen such case.

Thanks

Annjo89

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
When applying for Canadian PR and when they ask for Schedule A (IMM5669) and ask if you have been convicted of any criminal proceedings in any country?
I was charge for a stupid shoplifting 5 years ago and in the police certificate it says Punishment Approved, Shoplifting and how much the fine was. The shoplifting will be removed from the police certificate in 5 months.
In Schedule A, shall I answer yes to this question and explain or what to do?

Thanks!

kirimaru

May 2, 2017
my husband living in Canada but he wants to apply for court documents from US, any one know how he can do that? and how long does it take?

osigomeks

May 16, 2017
Hello, I want to live and work in Canada. I'm a federal government worker in my country presently; with Higher National Diploma and Post Graduate Diploma in Civil Engineering. I also have a second degree - M.Sc in Housing Development and Management.

I'm soliciting for help in order to facilitate my immigration to Canada.

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I want to live and work in Canada. I'm a federal government worker in my country presently; with Higher National Diploma and Post Graduate Diploma in Civil Engineering. I also have a second degree - M.Sc in Housing Development and Management.

I'm soliciting for help in order to facilitate my immigration to Canada.

Thank you
You'll need to research Canada's immigration programs to determine what it takes to apply and if you qualify. Detailed information can be found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

If you do not wish to do this research yourself, then you'll need to hire an immigration lawyer or consultant to help you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
When applying for Canadian PR and when they ask for Schedule A (IMM5669) and ask if you have been convicted of any criminal proceedings in any country?
I was charge for a stupid shoplifting 5 years ago and in the police certificate it says Punishment Approved, Shoplifting and how much the fine was. The shoplifting will be removed from the police certificate in 5 months.
In Schedule A, shall I answer yes to this question and explain or what to do?

Thanks!
Yes - you'll need to answer "yes" and explain the details of your case.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am not sure if you are a right person to ask this question. My apologies if this question is not for you. I was charged with DWI in November 2008 and i was convicted with Careless driving in January 2009 in Minnesota USA. This is something i am not proud of and i learned my lesson. I just applied criminal rehabilitation application today. Do you have knowledge if i can apply for Canadian PR via express entry or not? Should caress driving result into denial if i get into express entry pool? I have good higher education and work exp in USA. Please share your knowledge if you know the answer or have seen such case.

Thanks
Wait until the rehab application has been approved before you apply for PR. Note that rehab applications can take anywhere from a few months to well over a year to process.

neodero

Dec 28, 2016
Wait until the rehab application has been approved before you apply for PR. Note that rehab applications can take anywhere from a few months to well over a year to process.
I am going through a similar set of situation. Apparently according to the advise of several lawyers in Canada, they all recommended to apply for PR and rehabilitation application simultaneously, but that is when you already have ITA for PR applicstion. If not then I would recommended start immediately with you rehabilitation application send it out to the responsible visa office, in the meantime you can start your PR application process. Processing of Rehabilitation applications do get accelerated based on your submitted PR application.

neodero

Dec 28, 2016
my husband living in Canada but he wants to apply for court documents from US, any one know how he can do that? and how long does it take?
Visit the court website or call the court clerk and ask them how for the process for accessing the documents.
I got mine by visiting the course website and downloading the form and following all the instructions written on the court website.

neodero

Dec 28, 2016

Thanks
I am going through a similar set of situation. Apparently according to the advise of several lawyers in Canada, they all recommended to apply for PR and rehabilitation application simultaneously, but that is when you already have ITA for PR applicstion. If not then I would recommended start immediately with you rehabilitation application send it out to the responsible visa office, in the meantime you can start your PR application process. Processing of Rehabilitation applications do get accelerated based on your submitted PR application.