+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO Processing Time Ontario

dianelb

Dec 14, 2011
Hi I'm afraid service canada only talk to employers.its very frustrating when I put mine in on sept 6th 2011 they were just dealing with the begining of augusts batch ,I'm afraid u have to wait,the only thing you can do is ask your emloyer to call when it gets to the 8week mark or they'll tell you nothing.

gymbunny

Nov 15, 2011
Your employer can ask for the file number and the date they have received it. They will tell you roughly which dates they are working on so you have an idea how much longer it is going to take. I think they are still working on applications from September 15th until 3rd of October at the moment. The holidays are going to add another 2 weeks extra to the waiting period.
I am really stressed this process is taking so long. It means that if my LMO is negative I will not be able to try again.

skyrim

Dec 17, 2011
CIC seems to be working super fast duriing the holidays. THey are almost done with the Octboer work permit applications.

uncertainity

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
Are you sure they are done with most of the October application ,as my employer filed LMO on 15-Nov so if they are more or less done with October then i can hope to get my LMO by 15-Feb or so......also whether duration for which LMO is requested matter in time taken for LMO or not ...as mine is for 2 years..

justtheme

May 2, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Ottawa >> Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2010
AOR Received.
03-09-2011
IELTS Request
7.5 / 9
File Transfer...
03-09-2011
Med's Request
29-5-2013
Med's Done....
10-6-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
26-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
uncertainity said:
Are you sure they are done with most of the October application ,as my employer filed LMO on 15-Nov so if they are more or less done with October then i can hope to get my LMO by 15-Feb or so......also whether duration for which LMO is requested matter in time taken for LMO or not ...as mine is for 2 years..
LMOs are taking a very long time (mine took 13-14 weeks). Works permits are the ones getting processed faster.

skyrim

Dec 17, 2011
I am confused about that too. I called up CIC hotline and I found out that my WP has been approved. I assume that it means that my LMO too has been approved.

uncertainity

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
When your employer applied for LMO...

Also can we apply for WP with LMO still under process then do we need to give any file number in WP documents.

Also how long High commission will update for LMO to be cleared as nowadays you never know what will be the delay.

skyrim

Dec 17, 2011
My LMO and WP were filed together in Sep last week. At least that's what I was told by the lwayer. I called up CIC hotline and found out that WP was approved just a few days back. I am assuming WP approval implies positive LMO.

kscsk

Star Member
Feb 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uncertainity said:
When your employer applied for LMO...

Also can we apply for WP with LMO still under process then do we need to give any file number in WP documents.

Also how long High commission will update for LMO to be cleared as nowadays you never know what will be the delay.

Yes, you can apply for WP while your LMO application is in process. For sure, you have to specifiy your LMO File # in your WP application.

ynoweh

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2013
Doc's Request.
Jan. 29, 2014 (PCC)
AOR Received.
July 9, 2013
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Jan. 29, 2014
Med's Done....
March 1 & 10, 2014 MR Received....: April 3, 2014
Passport Req..
April 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014; VISA Received: April 24, 2014
LANDED..........
May 9, 2014
skyrim said:
My LMO and WP were filed together in Sep last week. At least that's what I was told by the lwayer. I called up CIC hotline and found out that WP was approved just a few days back. I am assuming WP approval implies positive LMO.
Hi! Yup, your LMO must have been positive, so you got your WP approved. They have an access to LMO database so they would know whether you got a positive one or not.... You may want to secure a copy of your positive LMO from your employer or its representative, for sure they received a copy of it already... Congrats then..

uncertainity

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
skyrim said:
Your LMO is for which NOC and whats the duration for which LMO is filed?

fernanpe

Dec 21, 2011
Hello,

Has anyone received a Positive LMO under the Foreign Worker Program? I submitted a LMO Application for a Foreign Worker on October 5, 2011 and am still waiting to find out if it was Positive or not. I still have not received a call from the Processing Offer. I work in Human Resources and submitted it directly to the Service Canada without the assistance of an Agency or Lawyer.

If you have received your Positive LMO in the past week or two please let me know when it was filed.

Thanks,

PF

grepis

Jun 9, 2011
Applied for LMO middle of October. LMO recently received. Looks like it was issued at the end of November.