Nomination.....
PER 05 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Documents
Med's Request
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
Hi everyone .. need some very useful suggestions.

My friend visited on visit visa .. stayed there ..got job offer and applied LMIA . due to application in process of LMIA , applied visit extension for stay for more than six months . . extension approved but LMIA got rejected .. some mistake at company end and some by stupid consultant .. (Bad Luck) . . after that decided to apply for study visa . went back home and applied study visa . which got rejected .. Reasons stated as travel history . my friend has strong previous travel history and was not expecting rejection.

So now trying to reapply for study visa again. ..

i Know its quite complex now but all we can do is to try..

Need some serious help and useful suggestions so we can apply .

Thanks everyone in advance..

Regards

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Well maybe you can share your friends profile that they used to apply for the study permit, IELTS, qualifications,work experience, proposed course and how that relates to prospects in home country and travel history. With this background info then forum members may be able to make suggestions that they cannot with just saying failed for travel history.

raja053

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
PER 05 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Documents
Med's Request
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
Thanks BS65.

Here is the explanatory letter submitted at the time of applying study visa. Suggestions requested as going to apply again for study visa.

Re: Letter of explanation for Study Permit.

I am writing to apply for a student permit to be able to study in Canada. I desired to study Protection, Safety and Investigation program and I have already been accepted at -------- College for the upcoming January intake. I have been in Canada recently where I happened to observe one of the world’s finest protected, safe and secure environments everywhere I went, which built up an urge for me to pursue my career in a program that will provide me with opportunities and enhance my abilities to bring furtherance in the development of the safety and security sector in my home country where safety and security is one of the major concerns. The successful completion of my proposed study at ----- College will allow me to contribute greatly towards making my home country a safe and secure place to live for my family and fellow citizens.

I was in New York when I planned to visit Canada for tourism and see my friends. While visiting the beautiful sightseeing and tourist attractions in and around Toronto along with the nearby beautiful cities as Ottawa and Montreal, my friends and I planned to celebrate Christmas and New Years Eve together in Toronto. Later, I was invited to a wedding ceremony of some relative after which I planned to come back home with my parents from New York who were there for a short visit to meet with my brother and his newborn son. We were planning to return home to Pakistan together right after celebrating my brother’s birthday on --------. And as such my parents flew back home in the evening on -------. I was travelling to New York on ------ with a valid US visit visa by road and unfortunately I couldn’t get through the border. I understand and I have always been following the laws and regulations of the countries I have ever visited. I have also attained a Police Record Check from the Canadian authorities for the time I have spent in Canada and a Police Clearance Certificate from my home country which shows my record of being a lawful resident.

Since I am fully dependent on my father, he has been supporting me financially for all my trips, accommodation, food and other travel expenses including tuition fee and living costs since my first travel abroad experience to U.K. as a student in 2006. My father has already paid my tuition fee for my proposed study plan from his account. He has also already deposited the funds in my account for meeting my expenses at ------ College with regard to accommodation, food, study and miscellaneous expenses .My father holds cards with limits of PKR ------ and PKR ----- respectively, for which on the request of my father I was issued supplementary credit cards in my name, which are billed to my father’s account. I am also partner in family business with my father and brother under the name of ---------- where we deal in real estate and buying and selling of cars. I also have properties owned, under my name, purchased by my father in different locations around the City, Pakistan.

My contact details are as follows:

------------

Thank you for your humble consideration. I would be highly grateful and honored if I am granted a study permit. Please contact me, should you require any further information.

Yours sincerely,

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Going by the SOP they have visited the UK, USA and Canada, so travel history seems fine. Did they submit the dates they travelled? Is the program they are applying for a security course for computers?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The problem is that your friend was in Canada for a very long time as a visitor - also the failed LMIA. His long visit to Canada effectively proved he has no real ties to his home country since he was very easily able to be away for that long. The the failed LMIA made things worse. Basically he was in Canada for a long time as a visitor, tried to get a work permit and that failed - and then tried for a study permit as a final means of trying to remain in Canada. All of that doesn't really make him look like a genuine student.

raja053

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
PER 05 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Documents
Med's Request
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
yeah .. its all because of stupid consultant who just drove him to that way .. Previously he was having good travel history and longer stay in canada was also cause of US visa denial. Well now have to move forward looking for some further points to make his case better in next .if anyone knows of any such case or some useful recommendations, it will be quite helpful as i have seen some posts where the rejected case were accepted on second or third time ..

Thanks

raja053

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
PER 05 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Documents
Med's Request
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
The problem is that your friend was in Canada for a very long time as a visitor - also the failed LMIA. His long visit to Canada effectively proved he has no real ties to his home country since he was very easily able to be away for that long. The the failed LMIA made things worse. Basically he was in Canada for a long time as a visitor, tried to get a work permit and that failed - and then tried for a study permit as a final means of trying to remain in Canada. All of that doesn't really make him look like a genuine student.
Well i also thought the same as these points weakens the case most.

So While applying now for second time , want to have some points for him. if u can add some, based on your experience. that will be amazing..

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Well i also thought the same as these points weakens the case most.

So While applying now for second time , want to have some points for him. if u can add some, based on your experience. that will be amazing..

Thanks
He needs to wait a while before applying to study in Canada and strengthen his ties to his home country. I would recommend he get a full time job in his home country and work there 6-8 months before attempting to apply again.