+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Hi guys,

Please help me I am so confused I have one year experience and approved Lmia . I know I can apply in CEC class In express entry . Fortunately I got bands also . But problem is that I can not work right now because I am waiting for my work permit and may be it takes times . So I want can I apply for express entry right now without work permit ?

saracunity

Feb 2, 2015
Hi,

Applied LMIA last year not under express entry.

Have an answer from CIC states " This is request to your response submitted under the access to information act received at employment and social development Canada on October 05, 2015 and which reads as follows

your application status will be known by October 28,2015"

Will I get my application status on same date or it get delay further?

Thanks

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
Maaftgbkum said:
Hi guys,

Please help me I am so confused I have one year experience and approved Lmia . I know I can apply in CEC class In express entry . Fortunately I got bands also . But problem is that I can not work right now because I am waiting for my work permit and may be it takes times . So I want can I apply for express entry right now without work permit ?
Your better off asking in the express entry thread or starting your own discussion more people can help you. As this thread is mostly about lmia and waiting times.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
I wish they could just do an on line system that if you put in a file number it can tell you what's happening. Just so we and employer could find out what's going on without having to call them.

Cter

Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaybakerca said:
Just to give you all an update. My friend received an update today and i like to keep everyone up to date, this is what the email said.

Hello ********,

There are currently 3 files ahead of SF#8159460 waiting for assessment. I should be able to reach your file by next week.
I will be in touch if there is anything further I require.

Have a good weekend,

Program Officer, Temporary Foreign Worker Program
Service Canada / Government of Canada

Now, i do believe that this is the final assessment as the company have already been contacted twice for more information/interview.

contacted once in august and again in september.

i believe his original application was sent off on july 20th.
Could you tell pls your friend's NOC and province. Thanks!

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
jaybakerca said:
NOC 0631 BAR MANAGER CALGARY, ALBERTA.
Mine is Calgary as well. Hopefully we both get good answers soon.

zazen

Jan 27, 2015
Today marks the end of my 5 month wait. My LMIA just got approved! I am still waiting for it to sink in and come out of the anxiety mode that has become my existence for the last 7 months or so.

My timeline:

NOC 0611, Toronto
Toronto - Dual Intent LMIA, submitted to St John
Submitted May 17
File number May 20th
Request for documents June 21
Request for expedited Processing September 21 via Fax
Interview call Oct 7
LMIA Approved Oct 19th

@Sunshine girl its your turn next :)

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
zazen said:
Today marks the end of my 5 month wait. My LMIA just got approved! I am still waiting for it to sink in and come out of the anxiety mode that has become my existence for the last 7 months or so.

My timeline:

NOC 0611, Toronto
Submitted May 17
File number May 20th
Interview call Oct 7
LMIA Approved Oct 19th

Fantastic news. ;D congratulations.

I do hope I hear soon. I moved to Germany 1 yr ago thinking I would only be here a few months but everything went all wrong and now in 6 days I will be here 1 yr waiting.
I would like to at least be in Canada before Christmas.

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
zazen said:

My timeline:

NOC 0611, Toronto
Submitted May 17
File number May 20th
Interview call Oct 7
LMIA Approved Oct 19th

wow i had no idea they even worked weekends

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
So the Liberals won election. I wonder how long it will take them to reform the immigration system. They proposed these changes if anyone is interested.
The Liberal party is promising to:
→ Repeal the changes brought in by Bill C-50, saying that it does not harbor a fair system based on due process

→ Spend $400 million to increase the efficiency of the immigration system. $200 were pledged for enhanced language training and another $200 for a new program for internships, mentorship and work placement opportunities

→ Create an In Canada-Fast Track program to allow temporary workers, international students, and live-in caregivers to apply for permanent residence within Canada

→ Introduce the "Welcome Canada Pass" a five-year renewable multiple entry visa for individuals sponsored by Canadian citizens and landed immigrants

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Sunshinegirl_X said:
So the Liberals won election. I wonder how long it will take them to reform the immigration system. They proposed these changes if anyone is interested.
The Liberal party is promising to:
→ Repeal the changes brought in by Bill C-50, saying that it does not harbor a fair system based on due process

→ Spend $400 million to increase the efficiency of the immigration system. $200 were pledged for enhanced language training and another $200 for a new program for internships, mentorship and work placement opportunities

→ Create an In Canada-Fast Track program to allow temporary workers, international students, and live-in caregivers to apply for permanent residence within Canada

→ Introduce the "Welcome Canada Pass" a five-year renewable multiple entry visa for individuals sponsored by Canadian citizens and landed immigrants
Probabaly a while, a year at least.