+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregivers PR/OWP applicants for 2012 timeline.

miska28

Jan 9, 2013
riaivy1980 said:
My interview today! Woke up so early ;D. I'm January 2012 applicant, single from Edmonton. Received application January 10, 2012, started app on November 19, 2013, 2nd Email on January 13, 2014, letter of appointment arrived Jan 15, 2014. Interview date: today! Excited and nervous at the same time. :D
. Hello, how did it go? What did they ask you?

amangat

Dec 2, 2013
riaivy1980 said:
My interview today! Woke up so early ;D. I'm January 2012 applicant, single from Edmonton. Received application January 10, 2012, started app on November 19, 2013, 2nd Email on January 13, 2014, letter of appointment arrived Jan 15, 2014. Interview date: today! Excited and nervous at the same time. :D
good luck for ur interview .... plz share ur experience about question they are asking in the interview

amangat

Dec 2, 2013
tinytoes said:
Received a letter from Cic Scarborough last Friday, requesting me to fax the RPRF receipt ( online payment only )and copy of my passport.

I'm trying to pay online however it's always transaction failed, I called my bank earlier and they don't see anything wrong with my card and advised to call the merchant (CIC). But it's holiday today, so I guess I'll just try calling them tomorrow.
I saw some other guys had the same problem but next day they were able to pay online .

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
starfield said:
Good for you!
I am in the same situation.
I just received 1st email on Feb 13 and I am going outside Canada from March to May.
I didn't know processing would be this fast and bought flight tickets already.
So how did you contact them for rescheduling your interview? Phone, email, or letter?
Please give me advice.
Thanks!
Thru fax, there is an instruction on the letter to how to contact them just incase u cant attend the appointment or if u dont have the letter of appointment yet call the cic for the fax number of your local cic

starfield

Feb 14, 2014
wins26 said:
Thru fax, there is an instruction on the letter to how to contact them just incase u cant attend the appointment or if u dont have the letter of appointment yet call the cic for the fax number of your local cic
Thanks so much for letting me know.
Good luck on your interview!

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
miska28 said:
. Hello, how did it go? What did they ask you?
Hi! it was just fast! You will be instructed to fall in line because there's a lot of people also have the same interview date. So, you will submit the Letter of the appointment together with the photos. Then they will ask for the PR fee or receipt if you've payed online already. Then u will be instructed to go to another office, where the one on one interview will be held. Then when it was my turn, the officer asked for my Original Open work permit, Then she get my Photos and ask questions like; if i was ever convicted or commit a crime, if i was denied entry in canada and if i have dependents that i did not tell them about( I'm single). Then she asked for my passport and stamped on it. she was just telling me about my rights when you're a PR here in Canada and she congratulate me and hand me a paper of confirmation of me becoming a PR and said that i have to wait 6-8 weeks for my PR card. not even 5 mins inside with the officer. So much happy now that waiting is over. Now, its time to take vacation. ;D

neng23

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Vancouver,B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 6, 2015 (Passport, Appendix A)
AOR Received.
June 26, 2015
File Transfer...
July 20, 2015 (SA email)
Med's Request
(Upfront)
Med's Done....
May 4,2015
Passport Req..
August 6, 2015 e-cas updated to "In Process" but started processing on July 20, 2015 August 8, 2015 Passport received by CEM August 10
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
very soon
riaivy1980 said:
Hi! it was just fast! You will be instructed to fall in line because there's a lot of people also have the same interview date. So, you will submit the Letter of the appointment together with the photos. Then they will ask for the PR fee or receipt if you've payed online already. Then u will be instructed to go to another office, where the one on one interview will be held. Then when it was my turn, the officer asked for my Original Open work permit, Then she get my Photos and ask questions like; if i was ever convicted or commit a crime, if i was denied entry in canada and if i have dependents that i did not tell them about( I'm single). Then she asked for my passport and stamped on it. she was just telling me about my rights when you're a PR here in Canada and she congratulate me and hand me a paper of confirmation of me becoming a PR and said that i have to wait 6-8 weeks for my PR card. not even 5 mins inside with the officer. So much happy now that waiting is over. Now, its time to take vacation. ;D
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

miska28

Jan 9, 2013
riaivy1980 said:
thank you very much for your response and congratulations:) we definitely deserve good vacation after the whole process:) enjoy

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
Congratulations to all you guys who are now PR :) mine I'm still waiting forever.

I just want to ask if anybody here from Philippines? Because my friend said that he has a friend who go to Philippine consulate Toronto to get OEC. Have anybody here try to get OEC from the consulate? And i also like to know if OEC is same like exit pass you get to POEA before your flight? Because the exit pass in POEA is very expensive like you pay more (about P2000 because philhealth and pag ibig fee) but the OEC in consulate is only $3 so I confuse if the same thing. Because I plan to go home for visit and I know I need exit pass from POEA before my flight. Thanks if someone can share ideas.

doquer83

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-13-2012
MyTammy, check the POLO website for the requirements for OEC. I tried getting that fro Vancouver last dec but when i got to the office, the lady was so rude and asked me if I phoned the office b4 going.didn't any idea that i need to do that. Goodluck!

ellann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
mytammy said:
Congratulations to all you guys who are now PR :) mine I'm still waiting forever.

I just want to ask if anybody here from Philippines? Because my friend said that he has a friend who go to Philippine consulate Toronto to get OEC. Have anybody here try to get OEC from the consulate? And i also like to know if OEC is same like exit pass you get to POEA before your flight? Because the exit pass in POEA is very expensive like you pay more (about P2000 because philhealth and pag ibig fee) but the OEC in consulate is only $3 so I confuse if the same thing. Because I plan to go home for visit and I know I need exit pass from POEA before my flight. Thanks if someone can share ideas.
Yes, u can get oec from toronto condulate before going home to less time of line up in the philis. 3$ is only for oec but if u want to get philhealth and owwa membershipt that is $25 more or less. You need to bring contract to be able to get owwa and philhealth but if you dont like you can only get oec. Owwa snd philhealth is important esoecially if we are still under work permit para lng pwede magamit ng dependent mo sa pinas ang philhealth mo.

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
Doquer83, I call polo office in Toronto but the woman said I can go even no appointment. But he did not said what requirements to bring to get the OEC.

Ellann, my dependent in Philippines is only my husband be he have also philhealth. So he cannot use my philhealth. And I know we cannot use philhealth here in Canada. I already tell somebody in POEA that I don't want philhealth because I cannot use it here but they still charge me philhealth fee and owwa fee. I don't like to pay fees if I cannot use it. So u think I can get OEC in POLO and use it for my exit pass before my flight when I live Manila?