+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregivers PR/OWP applicants for 2012 timeline.

eilahs23

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@tcb- I already add you on the timeline but put you on special case since you didnt submit OPW at the same time with PR. I am having an issue about that too before. People told me to submit only a police clearance in the country I came from but some people also told me to submit police clearance from Canada too. So as for me I include an NBI and a police clearance to make it sure.

jessy_li

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinytoes said:
wow, thanks for the reply! sorry I have lots of questions to ask, in that form question no. 3 it says:
I am applying for one or more of the following:
which box should I check if I am applying for an open permit?

a work permit w/ the same employer?
wrk permit w. a new employer or ?
initial temporary resident permit or extnsion of temp resident permit?
Did you get the anwsers? I am confus too.

rollingolf

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@jessy_li and tinytoes - According to the instruction guide 5290, "You should submit your application for an open work permit (IMM 5710) together with your application for permanent residence (IMM 0008). Write “open work permit” at the top of your application (IMM 5710).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5290ETOC.asp

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tcb said:
ey everyone, i just want to ask if you guys submitted Police Clearance from here [ Canada ]. because i called cic many times and they told me that i don't need to get Canadian Police Clearance since i'm already here, that all i need to submit w/ my application is my NBI Clearance. did you guys do the same thing?
Based on my application I didn't submit Police CLearance from Canada.

lunita

Nov 14, 2012
Hi
I sent my application on oct 9, cic received it on oct 12.
Really appreciate that we have this place to share our success, fears, questions....
good luck to everybody!

TIGERMITCH08

Dec 5, 2012
lunita said:
Hi
I sent my application on oct 9, cic received it on oct 12.
Really appreciate that we have this place to share our success, fears, questions....
good luck to everybody!
Hi! Im just wondering..How do you know the dates when CIC received the application you sent? I sent mine last November 26. Also, I sent my PR application and OWP application in 2 envelopes with the respective address but I put it together in one envelope and sent it to the PR application address. Ok lang ba yun?

heroineBLG

Nov 8, 2012
@eilahs23 still no email or mail from them. i called cic few days ago and they said applications on august 30 were opened. and i have to wait for 2 weeks.

eilahs23

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@heroineBLG - oh okay I just ask because my friend who send her application sept. 1 and CIC receive it sept. 4 already have her OWP today Dec. 7 2012

ulemum

Aug 30, 2012
Please help:

I sent my work permit application to under LCP on 19th november, they received it on 21st november. I eclosed all the documents, but I forgot to include a cover letter and and proof of my high school. I enclosed all my certificates and letter from my present employers and previous employers.

I am so worried because I havent received any acknowledgement or whatsoever. do you think they my application will be denied because of this?