+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregiver PR application sent in 2011 timeline, Welcome...

mrmaan

Nov 9, 2011
hi i m july 2011 applicant.got letter that processing is completed.waiting for contact by van. cic for over a month. how long does it take for interview scedual?

iambetsky

Mar 6, 2013
Live in Caregiver: Family Info - Will Accompany you to Canada? Yes or No HELP

Hi everyone. I already have my LMO and is on the processing of applying online. I encountered this question in the Family Information: Will accompany you to Canada, yes or No?

What should be the best answer. I want to bring my family but not this early. Probably in a year or 2 if i already have my resident status. What do you think should i answer.

Hoping to hear the soonest. Thanks

julia78_

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
Re: Live in Caregiver: Family Info - Will Accompany you to Canada? Yes or No HELP

iambetsky said:
Hi everyone. I already have my LMO and is on the processing of applying online. I encountered this question in the Family Information: Will accompany you to Canada, yes or No?

What should be the best answer. I want to bring my family but not this early. Probably in a year or 2 if i already have my resident status. What do you think should i answer.

Hoping to hear the soonest. Thanks
hi there, if i understand quite right you r going to become a live in caregiver and got your LMO. if yes, at this point your family cant accompany you to Canada according live in program....So, you should reply NO. U come to Canada and complete 24months or 3900 hrs of program and then apply for PR and open work permit. according what is taking CIC now to process our papers you might expect waiting for about 24-25 months to get first stage of approval for PR, after that your family will fill out their application kit and wait for medical request.... CIC will contact to you when all is done and you need to pay fees for PR card and have interview... i painted the picture briefly, just letting you know that it will take you few years before your family will actually join you.... good luck anyways.

ynahvie

Star Member
Nov 23, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chuchay said:
single.and exactly 2 yrs or earlier probably.They sent me an email with my old address which I have updated a long time ago
Congratulations.. Yes single applicant have faster processing unlike us na me kinukuha sa pilipinas till now wala pa sila kit.

Rowena2013

Jul 8, 2013
Hi there,

Sorry, i know this is not the question that link to this topic, but I'm sure you guys are the best person I can ask concerning the live-in caregiver workpermit. I'm a live in caregiver but my work permit title stated as "babysitters,nannies and par help" . I'm so worry that does the above job title counted as a live-in caregiver program? May I be able to apply for openwork permit and PR later?

How about you guys? How does your job title in your work permit appear? Live-in caregiver or "babysitters,nannies and par help"

Thank you so much to all ! I really hope you guys can share your thought about this. I'm so so worry about this issue.

Myself

Apr 17, 2013
thepinkpanther said:
I got an email today from cic that I am eligible to apply for PR. I am a single applicant. What do I have to do next? Thanks
Congrats! :)
In the letter did they asked you to pay $490.00?
Also informing you that local CIC will contact you?

julia78_

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
thepinkpanther said:
I got an email today from cic that I am eligible to apply for PR. I am a single applicant. What do I have to do next? Thanks

congrats!!!!!!! yeppy!!!!!!! pls share ur timeline !!!!!!!!

thepinkpanther

Nov 19, 2010
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a Member of the Live-in Caregiver Class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements have been met. If applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, must pass medical and background checks even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and your family members have passed the medicals and background checks.

That is the content of the letter. It didn't say anything about cic contacting me or me paying the 490. So I don't know what to do next. Do I need to go for medical?

CIC received my application October 5, 2011.

Myself

Apr 17, 2013
thepinkpanther said:
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a Member of the Live-in Caregiver Class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements have been met. If applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, must pass medical and background checks even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and your family members have passed the medicals and background checks.

That is the content of the letter. It didn't say anything about cic contacting me or me paying the 490. So I don't know what to do next. Do I need to go for medical?

CIC received my application October 5, 2011.
Your letter is really confusing. The law says we are no longer need to undergo the standard mandatory requirement for a second medical exam when applying for permanent residence. If I am not mistaken you are a single applicant right?

My letter is different from yours, it says the processing of my application is completed. It doesn't mentioned about medical.

However, i read here some post with the same situation like yours. Some of them went for medical and some are not. Hope they can read your post and help you about this matter.

Another way is call CIC to clarify..

thepinkpanther

Nov 19, 2010
I called CIC and they said I should just wait for the next step. And they said as long as there is no request form to undergo medical I don't need to do it. So I think I'm back to waiting game.

Myself

Apr 17, 2013
thepinkpanther said:
But what did you do after you received your email?
After receiving email from CPC Vegreville. I received another letter by mail but it came from CIC Scarborough to pay $490 and instructed to fax them the receipt with photocopy of my new passport.
Now I am on waiting mode.