+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

julia78_

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
wsongco said:
Finally landed today. I didn't see you north girl. Lots of people at 8:15 time. I'm there at 9:15 but my appointment is at 10:15. I'm lucky they call my name first. Exactly at 10:15 they start to welcome us and read the rights and obligation of being a permanent residents in French and then English. Maybe about 10:30 start to call names. There are 5 interviews. There a pilot project in cic after the interview we can change our SIN at the same time. So that's one done. it's our obligation to inform the CRA, banks, health card, employer, drivers license to update new status as pr. At 10:45 I'm done. About the question nothing just ask my passport, CSQ, all work permit and then sign the COPR.
CONGRATS WSONGCO!!!!!!!!! best of luck!

jackly83

Nov 1, 2011
june 1, 2010 application submitted
june 2, 2010 CIC application on hand
june 16, 2010 start process

any update from you pls... thank you so much.

north girl

Jul 10, 2012
wsongco said:
Finally landed today. I didn't see you north girl. Lots of people at 8:15 time. I'm there at 9:15 but my appointment is at 10:15. I'm lucky they call my name first. Exactly at 10:15 they start to welcome us and read the rights and obligation of being a permanent residents in French and then English. Maybe about 10:30 start to call names. There are 5 interviews. There a pilot project in cic after the interview we can change our SIN at the same time. So that's one done. it's our obligation to inform the CRA, banks, health card, employer, drivers license to update new status as pr. At 10:45 I'm done. About the question nothing just ask my passport, CSQ, all work permit and then sign the COPR.
hello wsongco !! i am there ...very early,, i was be there @8am ..lot people to wait...after that ,,the process same you ,,,very easy ,,officer also very nice to us..simple questions,,the landing interview only used 2 minuts...i was wonder can we take this landing paper get outside of Canada ? i want go back my country..or we need waiting PR card sent to us ,,then we can leave Canada ? have good luck to everyone...GOD bless all

north girl

Jul 10, 2012
north girl said:
hello wsongco !! i am there ...very early,, i was be there @ 8am ..lot people to wait...after that ,,the process same you ,,,very easy ,,officer also very nice to us..simple questions,,the landing interview only used 2 minuts...i was wonder can we take this landing paper get outside of Canada ? i want go back my country..or we need waiting PR card sent to us ,,then we can leave Canada ? have good luck to everyone...GOD bless all
did you wear purple color clothes...i am wear black suits..long black hair

julia78_

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
jackly83 said:

Hi Jackly83
have u ever called CIC? which country r u from, single or married? Which province you applied from? if you read messages on this forum you can see that CIC processing July 2011 applicants now, in most cases... it takes them about 24-25months to give us first stage of approval. next step depends on ur marital status... I would call them, write them letters trying to find out what is going on with the case.... good luck and keep us posted, ok? we all know how it is frustrating and painful to wait, God bless.

januarygem71

Dec 9, 2011
jackly83 said:

Hi Jacky. Are u a single or married applicant? If youre married, did your dependants already get their medical request? Thanks

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
north girl said:
Yes that was me. I'm came late so I thought you left already. I meet some filipina too and told me some left already and earlier the room is full. Anyways I'm glad it's over. Start counting for citizenship.
north girl said:
hello wsongco !! i am there ...very early,, i was be there @ 8am ..lot people to wait...after that ,,the process same you ,,,very easy ,,officer also very nice to us..simple questions,,the landing interview only used 2 minuts...i was wonder can we take this landing paper get outside of Canada ? i want go back my country..or we need waiting PR card sent to us ,,then we can leave Canada ? have good luck to everyone...GOD bless all
As what i understand we can't use COPR as travel doc we have to wait for pr card. If you want apply for travel document at your home country. What about your dependents did they (visa office ) request their passport. Did they get their visas. as soon as you landed the visa office in your country will issues visa to your dependants so you have to inform your family to follow up in your home country. Hope everything goes well.

123abc456

May 27, 2013
north girl said:
Hi, northgirl, as far as I know, you still need to apply visa for going to your country now before you get you pr card, this is what my lawyer told me, the difference between holding the pr confirmation paper and holding pr card is just on going abroad, for the former you do need visa, like before, but for the latter, you don't, however, you can also wait for renewing pr card, then go to your country, probably just takes couple months, hope helps.

123abc456

May 27, 2013
north girl said:
Hi, northgirl, have you got the visa before? I mean have you gone back to your country and applied the visa before? If you have, then you must have a visa that valid date should be as same as the valid date on your passport and your owp, if so, you don't have to reapply the visa again, but just use it and other documents to go abroad now.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
123abc456 said:
Hi, northgirl, have you got the visa before? I mean have you gone back to your country and applied the visa before? If you have, then you must have a visa that valid date should be as same as the valid date on your passport and your owp, if so, you don't have to reapply the visa again, but just use it and other documents to go abroad now.
Hi I ask that to the visa officer if I can use my valid visa in my passport. She said no because I have a new status now which is permanent resident effective that day so it also invalidates my working visa and she took my original work permits. Pr card will take 6-8 weeks.

sweetjasmine

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
hello everyone....i have questions if anyone can help......i applied for pr in 2012 January.....now i came back to my country to get married.....i have to add my spouse to my application....cic sent me the links of the forms which i have to fill and submit....but if anyone knows that whose information do i have to fill in form 0008 dependent....my husband's or mine? and have to fill generic form and background declaration.....do i have to fill all those forms again with my information and cic will destroy the previous ones or do i have to fill any of the form with my husband's information...if anyone has filled the dependent form when you applied plz help that whose information do i have to fill....any help would be appreciated....thanks

Sweetie pie

Star Member
Dec 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2013
AOR Received.
May 22, 2013 Aip May 22, 2014
File Transfer...
May 26, 2014 Kingston
Med's Request
May 27, 2014
Med's Done....
june 12, 2014 lc2 kit receive june 12, 2014 june 25 kit send
Interview........
January 5, 2015 got interveiw date
LANDED..........
January 13, 2015
Hi everyone! Is there anyone here who renew their OWP after leaving there caregiver job? Do I need a job letter or a bank statement? Will like to know what I would need to renew it any help is highly appreciated.

julia78_

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
Sweetie pie said:
Hi everyone! Is there anyone here who renew their OWP after leaving there caregiver job? Do I need a job letter or a bank statement? Will like to know what I would need to renew it any help is highly appreciated.
hi Sweetie pie !
honestly speaking i didnt understand you message quite well. what kind of letter and bank statement did u mean and what for? i just want to say about my experience. i got open work permit in Dec 2011 while worked as live in caregiver, left employment in march 2012 just in few months , didnt need to renew my OWP, just found another job and that was it. all i had is reference letter from family for my new employers.. OWP allows you to do any jobs and i'm pretty sure you don't need renew it after u leave caregiver job. i think we need to extend it when it expires while wait for PR. i hope it was helpful.

Sweetie pie

Star Member
Dec 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2013
AOR Received.
May 22, 2013 Aip May 22, 2014
File Transfer...
May 26, 2014 Kingston
Med's Request
May 27, 2014
Med's Done....
june 12, 2014 lc2 kit receive june 12, 2014 june 25 kit send
Interview........
January 5, 2015 got interveiw date
LANDED..........
January 13, 2015
Julia 78_ thanks for the response. Let me be more clear. My OWP is going to be expired before I get PR. I want to know what do I need to renew my OWP when it expire. I'm no longer working as a live in caregiver. Do I still need job letter and. Contract? Don't know how it works any help?

joyparreno

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2011
AOR Received.
Dec 30 2013
Med's Request
Jan 07 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 14 2014
Interview........
March 8 2014
Passport Req..
February 17 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa on hand March 28 2014
LANDED..........
March 08 2014
Hi Sweetie Pie. Wether you're a caregiver or not,if you're not a citizen or a permanent here in Canada, you need a valid working permit or a student permit if you're studying here. Your question is if you need to renew your working permit if it expires before the approval of your permanent resident application??The answer is yes.You need to renew your open work permit or you will be asked to leave the country if you don't have a valid documents. An advice ,do renew your open work permit 2-3 months before it expires. I have a bad experience regarding it and I want to share it with you. My open work permit expired last February 2013. On January 2013, I applied for extension/renewal.I applied online and for some reason they(CIC) cannot view my uploaded passport online and so they sent me a letter on March 2013 stating that my application for the renewal of open work permit is rejected because I failed to produce a valid travel document.In the letter, I was asked to apply for the restoration of my status oe leave the country after 90 days.I am not allowed to work while I will be waiting for the restoration that usually takes 3 to 4 months(if that happened I could have not be working for March to July).Imagine the hassle plus that I have to pay $450 for that restoration.I asked for an advice from a friend who is a high ranking CIC officer in Ottawa.She advices me to send a letter for a reconsideration on my application +I sent a copy of my passport. I was skeptical they will grant my request.2 weeks passed and they didn't reply to my request, so I decided to apply for the restoration. On April I recieved a letter with a renewed open work permit(that will expire on 2015), a $450 cheque( refund for the restoration:):) And an apologize that their online system was not working properly:). I am sharing this experience with you as you will not experience the stress that I had during that time.I hope I helped a little:):)--Joy