Apr 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-13-2012
sorry to hear about the outcome. i read from the forum about this one but when i checked the location, it was way too far from my place (north van), it takes about 1hr 30 mins because i don't have a car. while it is true that there are lots of LICs in vancouver, i think, many were not informed also.

ustian

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
kemoya22 said:
i agree as well i was at the meeting in toronto and one of the caregivers who stood up to tell their story. i was very surprised to see the poor turn out. i kept asking after the meeting what next???? why cant we all come together and stand for this issue thats affecting all of us?????!!!!! I am so dissapointed because no one wants to fight. they all very comfortable complaining in this forum but hardly anyone was willing to stand up and do something about it. How can we expect change if we are not willing to demand it!!!! when i heard of this meeting i marked it on my calender well in advance. i told all my caregiver friends to come, i thought other were doing the same but i was wrong. the sad thing is I am not from the Phillipines, I have no kids nor am i married i am engaged to a canadian citizen yet i am willing to stand up for fairness and demand what is ours!!!! A decision needs to be made, either we are going to stop complaining and just accept the sysytem the way it is or unite and demand what is right fully ours!!!!
I absolutely agree with you Kemoya22, I am not Filipino too, but I want to fight for my rights! It's so frustrated for me, because 90% of caregivers are Filipino, they have a strong community and support here in Canada, but just complain and do nothing! How can we make any changes in LCP program with this attitude???????????

ustian

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
doquer83 said:
sorry to hear about the outcome. i read from the forum about this one but when i checked the location, it was way too far from my place (north van), it takes about 1hr 30 mins because i don't have a car. while it is true that there are lots of LICs in vancouver, i think, many were not informed also.

doquer83! You know, it is not a big deal to spend 1,5 hour to attend this meeting. (and you don't need to walk on foot, there are buses and skytrain). It is not about time or distance , it is about how we care for changes.... If person wants to do something, person will find many way to do it.... if person does not want to do, person will find many reasons not to do it!!! It is always simple just to blame someone else or circumstances.... Let's start from ourselves and decide what can we do to make our future better, this program faster !!!!!!

PS. There were a plenty of ads about meeting here and on facebook, so many caregivers knew.......

ying888

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
ustian said:
doquer83! You know, it is not a big deal to spend 1,5 hour to attend this meeting. (and you don't need to walk on foot, there are buses and skytrain). It is not about time or distance , it is about how we care for changes.... If person wants to do something, person will find many way to do it.... if person does not want to do, person will find many reasons not to do it!!! It is always simple just to blame someone else or circumstances.... Let's start from ourselves and decide what can we do to make our future better, this program faster !!!!!!

PS. There were a plenty of ads about meeting here and on facebook, so many caregivers knew.......
ustian, I admire your English, you can express yourself very well.
Indeed, I am so disappionted, it took me 5 and half hours to get there, but the result is really disappionting. I wish I just had a bad dream.

ustian

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
ying888 said:
ustian, I admire your English, you can express yourself very well.
Indeed, I am so disappionted, it took me 5 and half hours to get there, but the result is really disappionting. I wish I just had a bad dream.
Thank you Ying888!!! Anyway we tried our best, if we have any other opportunities let's do it all together, not one by one... And where did you sit? I was on the last row beside a woman who does accounting for LCP employers.

Aileena

May 21, 2012
I am still thinking about that meeting, kind of disapointed too. I think now the most frustrated thing is the processing time, abuse from the government instead of abuse from employers. but the topics seemed like beating the bush around. most of the time blah blah, blah about the employers abuse……

maryanne22

Jul 5, 2012
TO
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
january 2012
BOYZONE2 said:
You are talking to a cic call center agent, that it was clearly stated before you can talk to this call center agents that they have no access or knowleged and cannot speed up about each and everyone application processing time. because this call center agents are not the visa officers that works at vegerivelle,ab. they can only give you an answer base on your client id updates which is the same way how you check your file thru ecas.whatever opinion they can give to your inquiry are just there own opinion and not came officially from cic vegerivelle,ab. the more you will listen to there opinions or answers the more you will get frustrated or paranoid.
Actually it's not, they have the access and the power to call the processing centers or look deePer into our files, if they think the situation ask for it, it happens to me when I applied for a copy of my work permit. The one on the application status was the application years ago. And not the one I was applying for , when I explain the situation , she look deeper or call somebody else and that's we're she found out that they are sending me back my application and my payment cause they taught I was applying for a work permit already issued to me, not for a replacement copy.... I don't know the reason why they don't answer queries about application for permanent residence under LCP, somethIng is coming up I guess..

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke ,ON.
LANDED..........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke,ON. Received PR CARD: 27-11-2012
maryanne22 said:
Actually it's not, they have the access and the power to call the processing centers or look deePer into our files, if they think the situation ask for it, it happens to me when I applied for a copy of my work permit. The one on the application status was the application years ago. And not the one I was applying for , when I explain the situation , she look deeper or call somebody else and that's we're she found out that they are sending me back my application and my payment cause they taught I was applying for a work permit already issued to me, not for a replacement copy.... I don't know the reason why they don't answer queries about application for permanent residence under LCP, somethIng is coming up I guess..
What i am saying is that if Lic are asking this call center agents about the processing time of there owp or pr, then you will not getting any good answers from them,but in your case its different you already have issued an approved and valid work permit until maybe you lost it and thats why you'r asking for a new copy.only a visa officer can answer your queries regarding the processing and approval of each applications and there's nothing coming up with it because thats the truth.

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
LANDED..........
kemoya22 said:
i agree as well i was at the meeting in toronto and one of the caregivers who stood up to tell their story. i was very surprised to see the poor turn out. i kept asking after the meeting what next???? why cant we all come together and stand for this issue thats affecting all of us?????!!!!! I am so dissapointed because no one wants to fight. they all very comfortable complaining in this forum but hardly anyone was willing to stand up and do something about it. How can we expect change if we are not willing to demand it!!!! when i heard of this meeting i marked it on my calender well in advance. i told all my caregiver friends to come, i thought other were doing the same but i was wrong. the sad thing is I am not from the Phillipines, I have no kids nor am i married i am engaged to a canadian citizen yet i am willing to stand up for fairness and demand what is ours!!!! A decision needs to be made, either we are going to stop complaining and just accept the sysytem the way it is or unite and demand what is right fully ours!!!!
I remember last year when atty fabregas an advocate lawyer and the author of the juana tejada law ( no 2nd medical examination for lic) was inviting all lic leaving here in toronto for his upcoming forum that time, most of us then in this forum are excited and willing to go and some of the forumates are telling everybody to get ready and convince everyone to join,blah..blah..blah.. but guess what happened during the day of the forum only a 5 of us showed up from this thread ME, MONALIZY(author of this thread) IROGKU,RIK-RIK,and LCP the rest from this thread can no where to find,inspite we're on;y 5 of us after that forum with atty.fabregas we've tried to convince other lic's in the forum to join our plan for a peaceful protest Atty Fabregas assured us he will join also if our plan protest will push thru, but when we tried to convinvce evryone in that hall nobody wants to listen, nobody cares, and nobody wants to join..
thats why its so upsetting that only a minority of the lic are willing to go to the street and do a protest. its a pity because last year atty.fabregas even gave us some tips on what to do and where to go exactly if we will go on a peacful protest.its a big shame......

dodododo

May 1, 2012
sorry,I can only read the English part you wrote. Can you type in English the whole part? Thank you !Let's keep updated with each other. :-*

maryanne22 said:
magandang araw, we're thingking the same ;D pero sana nga totoo, still no change on my ecas, it is still application recieve.... i will have to wait until the end of this month(hoping a development on my ecas) after thati might email or call the center, kasi january2012 lang yung application ko,.... sana my new information ka na ..goodluck :)

doquer83

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-13-2012
i know, i have a lame excuse and i totally take the blame for it.

ustian

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
BOYZONE2 said:
I remember last year when atty fabregas an advocate lawyer and the author of the juana tejada law ( no 2nd medical examination for lic) was inviting all lic leaving here in toronto for his upcoming forum that time, most of us then in this forum are excited and willing to go and some of the forumates are telling everybody to get ready and convince everyone to join,blah..blah..blah.. but guess what happened during the day of the forum only a 5 of us showed up from this thread ME, MONALIZY(author of this thread) IROGKU,RIK-RIK,and LCP the rest from this thread can no where to find,inspite we're on;y 5 of us after that forum with atty.fabregas we've tried to convince other lic's in the forum to join our plan for a peaceful protest Atty Fabregas assured us he will join also if our plan protest will push thru, but when we tried to convinvce evryone in that hall nobody wants to listen, nobody cares, and nobody wants to join..
thats why its so upsetting that only a minority of the lic are willing to go to the street and do a protest. its a pity because last year atty.fabregas even gave us some tips on what to do and where to go exactly if we will go on a peacful protest.its a big shame......
Yes, BOYZONE2, it's so sad..... I don't no what is the reason that only few of us are willing to do something? Guys, what are you scared of????????? Shame..............

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
LANDED..........
ustian said:
Yes, BOYZONE2, it's so sad..... I don't no what is the reason that only few of us are willing to do something? Guys, what are you scared of????????? Shame..............

No They're not scared....They just want to ride on with the flow because they knew somebody from the livein caregiver communities are fighting for their rights. Whatever this lic's advocates Gain is what THEY GAIN ALSO..........thats why they would prefer to work or to look for a part time job during their dayoff and get paid instead of joining us.

kemoya22

Jun 11, 2011
i remembered when there was talks about a protest but as usual we are not united so nothing happened. Now everyone is quiet contented with waiting 36mths to reunite with their family........absolutely ridiculous.

Shelleonn

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BOYZONE2 said:
No They're not scared....They just want to ride on with the flow because they knew somebody from the livein caregiver communities are fighting for their rights. Whatever this lic's advocates Gain is what THEY GAIN ALSO..........thats why they would prefer to work or to look for a part time job during their dayoff and get paid instead of joining us.
Pre you are absolutely right most just want to stay back,wait for good news,let someone stand for them,while they only complain a lot,i think long timers like you are the only one who wants to fight the most for our rights,eventhough you are gonna gain little in this situation coz you already wait close to 32 mos and close to your PR instead all the ones who just applied recently are the ones who complain a lot but doing nothing about it,pre i got your back if ever you know some news about protest you can count me in