Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2010
Kyberxs27 said:
I've been reading posts and comments about OWP
I'm just wondering coz i did'nt have a sweet reply from the cic automated service
That says my application has been approved.
I'ts just until the date they received my application.
I'm dec 2010 applicant. And my friend whose october 2011 applicant
Got her OWP yesterday. :'(
You're not alone :( I submitted my application last Dec 2010 and still in process online and in their hotline automated service. Cheer up! I'm hoping we get our OWP's with first stage approval! Stay strong and positive :)

Shelleonn

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To all 2010 pr applicants do not lose hope and be sad by this turn of events,you will all get yours soon,just think positive that yours will be better coz you wait for a long time,ive been waiting for almost 19 mos before i got mine,i got a funny feeling by this turn of events,i hope cic wont make another dilema next year for all those who got owp less than 18 mos like freezing the processing times for first stage approval, i hope what i feel is wrong,congrats anyway to all who got owp

ayeh

Dec 9, 2011
Kalinka said:
CONGRATS!!!!!
Timeline for Live-in caregiver 2010 (Apr, May, June, Jul, Aug and other month 2010) who DIDN'T receive yet OWP

Update please

1. Marshmallow Apr 29 2010 Applicant
2. Ychty May 18 2010
3. Jie June 1 2010
4. jean1982 June 2 2010
5. outlook June 2 2010
6. Kysel 29 June 4 2010
7.Cryingmom June14 2010
8. BC cad June 16 2010
9. irigko4u June 21 2010
10. canela June 28 2010
11. Jelay Jul 5 2010
12. Katrina S Jul 7 2010 CONGRATS!!!!!!
13. Lakeshare Jul 7 2010
14. Chie Jul 21 2010
15. Honeygirl Aug 6 2010
16. kalinka Aug 18 2010
17. Matetski Aug 26 2010
18. Cjoie28. Dec 6 2010
To all my fellow applicants,
I'm new here and just want to share my feelings about our situation. I submitted my appication last june 30,2010 and until now there is no improvement yet everytime im checking my application online, it's still the same " IN PROCESS". Im planning to call CIC today, hoping and praying there's some goodnews :)...I'm so upset because my friend that apply her OWP last december 2010 got her open work permit approved already! Im happy for her but I'm so frustrated that I submittd my application 5 months ahead of her and now, she got first before me? how that happens? and my other friend got her OWP approved in 5 weeks! what is wrong with others ppication that's taking long time, just like me??? I'm trying to be positive but I just cant avoid asking why why why!

littlenurse

Apr 15, 2011
ayeh said:
I'm new here and just want to share my feelings about our situation. I submitted my appication last june 30,2010 and until now there is no improvement yet everytime im checking my application online, it's still the same " IN PROCESS". Im planning to call CIC today, hoping and praying there's some goodnews :)...I'm so upset because my friend that apply her OWP last december 2010 got her open work permit approved already! Im happy for her but I'm so frustrated that I submittd my application 5 months ahead of her and now, she got first before me? how that happens? and my other friend got her OWP approved in 5 weeks! what is wrong with others ppication that's taking long time, just like me??? I'm trying to be positive but I just cant avoid asking why why why!
Don't be sad. I submitted my application last June 1st,2010. There is no any good news for me. Just keeping pray. When you feel dark in the end of the road, you always find a slice of light in front of you.

EbonyIvory

Oct 18, 2011
littlenurse said:
Don't be sad. I submitted my application last June 1st,2010. There is no any good news for me. Just keeping pray. When you feel dark in the end of the road, you always find a slice of light in front of you.
Hi littlenurse
When CIC received your application?
They are working on applications received up to 4 June 2010.
Hope to get good news one of these dasy. :)

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my OWP today in our mailbox and valid until December 04, 2015...This approval didn't reflect on calling CIC toll number 18882422100 127 so to those who didn't get yet and it doesn't say either on their system for sure it will come soon. Btw, I'm not that happy to have it because I just signed my contract with my current employer that will valid until October 14, 2013. It's for professionalism. I promised to her that time when I signed the said contract that I will finish my contract with them. The remarks in my OWP: PENDING LIC APR. LL/S and the conditions: Unless authorized, must not attend any educational institution or take any academic, professional or vocational training course. Must leave canada by December 3, 2015. Keep fighting guys we need our PR. Maybe strikenannies will try to change our petition it should be FASTER FAMILY REUNIFICATION which MEANS FASTER PR. We're here to support and sign the petition. Thanks

trisha

Star Member
Oct 15, 2011
My remarks on owp: temporary resident status maintained as per R183
Application for permanent resident status has received initial approval

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
trisha said:
My remarks on owp: temporary resident status maintained as per R183
Application for permanent resident status has received initial approval
your lucky trisha!!gud for u!!u deserv it

Mrs. Just Tiis

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
honeysweetie said:
I got my OWP today in our mailbox and valid until December 04, 2015...This approval didn't reflect on calling CIC toll number 18882422100 127 so to those who didn't get yet and it doesn't say either on their system for sure it will come soon. Btw, I'm not that happy to have it because I just signed my contract with my current employer that will valid until October 14, 2013. It's for professionalism. I promised to her that time when I signed the said contract that I will finish my contract with them. The remarks in my OWP: PENDING LIC APR. LL/S and the conditions: Unless authorized, must not attend any educational institution or take any academic, professional or vocational training course. Must leave canada by December 3, 2015. Keep fighting guys we need our PR. Maybe strikenannies will try to change our petition it should be FASTER FAMILY REUNIFICATION which MEANS FASTER PR. We're here to support and sign the petition. Thanks

That's a useful info- that the 1 2 7 update doesn't always reflect the actual status - it gives hope to some with a similar cases.

This just my opinion: You can always resign from your current employer if you wish, just give them 2 weeks notice. I know you have a sense of professionalism, but in this case, you have to do what you have to do, if you think it is more beneficial to you and your family fopr you to find a better paying job, which you are now free to do, why suck it up?

These are facts :

On the work permit, it says you are not allowed to attend any educational instituion unles authorized... That is why you need to apply for a study permit shld you wish to updrade your skills. I have a study permit myself.

You must leave Canada upon work permit's expiration date - this is standard wordings, it means you need to renew it before it expires.

AND I COMPLETELY AGREE, WE MUST CONTINUE OUR PETITION FOR FASTER FAMILY REUNIFICATION.

Shelleonn

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After 8 days i finally recieve my owp valid for 1 yr same as my passport my remarks temporary resident status maintained as per R183 application for permanent resident status has recieve initial approval

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
honeysweetie said:
did you ever talk to an agent wen u called?

EbonyIvory

Oct 18, 2011
ayeh said:
Hi ayeh
Most of June 2010 applicants have not received the pilot project OWP.
I guess bcoz their applications are just right at the corner to approve in principle.
Im the one who is the first line among the June 2010 applicants got that OWP.
Which date CIC received your application?