25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
tayme said:
Thank you molo5000...no sent separately. my owp and a letter of approval for my pr received a day after the other.
@ tayme.. okey, ..thanks for the info! ;D

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
Just checked my ecas, and had changed now to Decision Made. ..after 2 days! ;D

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
congrats molo! mines not yet bec if you live in quebec we still have one more process to PR thats is the CSQ cert of selection du quebec. Another 395$ each. Plus 490 RPRF. duh!
When do you think they will ask you to pay for that and how to pay it?

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
wsongco said:
congrats molo! mines not yet bec if you live in quebec we still have one more process to PR thats is the CSQ cert of selection du quebec. Another 395$ each. Plus 490 RPRF. duh!
Thanks wsongco! ;)

"When do you think they will ask you to pay for that and how to pay it?" Sorry wilma, I don't have idea about that! ::) Maybe you call the CIC call center, I think they can answer better about your queries! ;)

But its a lot of money! a total of $885. For what is that??? Could you explain please? I'm in Ontario, and don't have a plan to move in Quebec! But I just want to have an information about that, Thanks! ;D

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
wsongco said:
molo5000 said:
Thanks wsongco! ;)

"When do you think they will ask you to pay for that and how to pay it?" Sorry wilma, I don't have idea about that! ::) Maybe you call the CIC call center, I think they can answer better about your queries! ;)

But its a lot of money! a total of $885. For what is that??? Could you explain please? I'm in Ontario, and don't have a plan to move in Quebec! But I just want to have an information about that, Thanks! ;D
??? ..I do googling! It was a processing fee + Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF).

Is that only in Quebec? Or also to some province of Canada? ::)

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
wsongco said:
I did more googling in your queries..

What is the right of permanent residence fee?
The right of permanent residence fee (RPRF) covers the right to obtain
permanent resident status in Canada. The government charges this fee
because permanent resident status gives people many benefits and privileges.
Each applicant for permanent resident status, whether at a post abroad or in
Canada, must pay a $975 fee. Exceptions include dependent children and
refugees, and persons in similar circumstances and other protected persons.
The Immigrant Loans Program provides loans to pay the fee for persons who
truly need help, if they can show they will be able to repay the money.
Applicants may pay the RPRF any time before the permanent resident visa is
issued. They can get the fee back if they do not become permanent residents.

Check it here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/pub/you-asked.pdf

that is on pages 12-13

So this mean not only in Quebec but to all the PR applicants in Canada??? :eek: ??? ::)
Including me and my wife.. :'( :-[

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
Guys,

Been reading the forum but not commenting on anything.....busy adjusting to my new place and new life...I did try to call the automated phone system and YES! my OPEN WORK PERMIT is on its way to my mailbox. Im a September 2011 applicant...Luckily i've got the chance to ask the agent and this is what she said and i quote " The faster OPEN WORK PERMIT approval doesnt mean you're approved in principle. This is our new pilot project to release the OPEN WORK PERMIT as fast as we can so there will be no "under the table work" no healthcard complain and the LiC can work freely. PRAISE GOD!!!! So LiCs....rejoice! you will have yours soon! Its not a system error...I was skeptical at first and i dont want my excitement to be a depression....ITS A MERRY CHRISTMAS indeed to all LiCs.... :D ;D

Cjoie28

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2010
Bambiegirl said:
Guys,

Been reading the forum but not commenting on anything.....busy adjusting to my new place and new life...I did try to call the automated phone system and YES! my OPEN WORK PERMIT is on its way to my mailbox. Im a September 2011 applicant...Luckily i've got the chance to ask the agent and this is what she said and i quote " The faster OPEN WORK PERMIT approval doesnt mean you're approved in principle. This is our new pilot project to release the OPEN WORK PERMIT as fast as we can so there will be no "under the table work" no healthcard complain and the LiC can work freely. PRAISE GOD!!!! So LiCs....rejoice! you will have yours soon! Its not a system error...I was skeptical at first and i dont want my excitement to be a depression....ITS A MERRY CHRISTMAS indeed to all LiCs.... :D ;D
Very helpful information bambiegirl. Thanks! And congrats to you!!!

akina green

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
Bambiegirl said:
Guys,

awesome!!!! that's a REALLY great news!!! thanks for sharing bambiegirl!! :D

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
Bambiegirl said:
Guys,

Congratulations Bambiegirl! ;)

That should be the CIC should do (referring to: new pilot project to release the OPEN WORK PERMIT). The other things only happend because of the backlog they did in our application! If they don't frozen our application, all what she/he mention will not happend at first place! (no "under the table work" no healthcard complain and the LiC can work freely). :-[

And one more thing, issuing the OWP should be done as soon they received the applicants paper. That is the LAW says that when you finished your 2 years or 3900 hrs (which comes first) under the LIC program, you could have your OWP!

Assessment can be done on the later time! :)

Jepoy0424

Feb 28, 2011
i called hotline 127 this morning and it says that they just recieved my application, nothing else. it didnt even say that my application is on process but on my ecas, is says that its on process already since April 2011. i submitted my application last March. :(

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
And one more thing, issuing the OWP should be done as soon they received the applicants paper. Because assessment can be done on the later time! :)

I agree molo! now they're doing it....but would it not be unfair to the 2010 applicants? im happy that mine is issued and to all the LiCs....but it would be nice too if they'll fast track the 2010 applicants.

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
Bambiegirl said:
....but would it not be unfair to the 2010 applicants?
It could be UNFAIR, but the damage had done! The important now is they do more faster in issuing the OWP to all 2010 applicants, so the CIC could not make more messy thing!

They should do FIFO in issuing the OWP if they plan well their new pilot project, so not to :-[ the antecedent or earlier applicant!

Anyway, hope every applicants, (2010 & 2011), have their OWP before the end of this year! ;D

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Thanks molo for info

for 2010 applicant who havent get their owp. try to contact you MP this is your only way to open up your file.

theres a law that the VO should reply back within 10 days.