25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
Status of your application Explanation

IN PROCESS (A decision has not been made yet.)
Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.

Documentation Verified by CIC
We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.

An Interview May be Required
We will review the application and decide if an interview is necessary. If so, we will inform you in writing of the date, time and location of the interview.

WITHDRAWN (An application can only be withdrawn when it is IN PROCESS.)
Application Withdrawn
You may only withdraw your application before the Immigrant Visa has been issued. There are no refunds after processing has started.

DECISION MADE (A decision has been made at this point.)
Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you of the decision in writing.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

COMPLETE (This is the last step in the processing of your application.)
Applicant Arrives in Canada and is Granted Permanent Residence
You will need to meet with an Immigration Officer who will verify your documents and grant you permanent residence if all is in order.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
From CIC website: Click HERE!

Mrs. Just Tiis

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Danna said:
May I ask u how u apply the study permit?
Can u please tell me ?
Thank u
Just check out the requirements for applying. One the requirements is the proof that you've already been accepted in the educational institution you want to go to.

I applied for study permit while still in the Live-in caregiver program. The work permit says you are not authorized to go to school, of course, because it's a work permit that's why you need to apply for a study permit separately.

You can have both study permit and work permit at the same time. You don't need to give up one for the other.

Just make sure to show the school when you register that you have a work permit so they don't charge you an international student rate.

Cheers!

Danna

May 2, 2011
Mrs. Just Tiis said:
By the way, if you are only planning to take a 6-month-course or an online course, you don't need to apply for a study permit.
thank u
right now i already got the open work permit,if I can apply the study permit that will be perfect
can u tell me more detial please
how excally to apply from wesite?
do u need prepare some paper documents?
can i apply the college or unnivstiy full time?
thank u so much
looking forword for u reply

kemoya22

Jun 11, 2011
I am a bit confused, are you saying that once you show the institution you have a valid work permit they will charge you an international student rate?

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
Shelleonn said:
paging trisha berry11 and depressgirl is the letter for approval of first stage in the same envelope of owp or its mailed separately?im just curios thanks
Anyone received their OWP LETTER from CIC (ON YOUR HAND now), The REMARKS is important!
If you have friends that rcvd their OWP, please use initial or aliases so not to confused and not to fill twice!
Please Update:

Name Application Received (by CIC) OWP Issued Dated (from CIC) Remarks

Berry 11 May 10, 2010 Dec. 02, 2011 Initial approval
Shelleonn May 13, 2010 Initial approval
EbonyIvory June 23, 2010 Pending LIC Approval
katrin October 15, 2010 Dec. 04, 2011 Pending LIC Approval
Strikenannies October 25, 2010 Pending LIC Approval

No Good News for me on my mailbox this week. I'm expecting the letter by Tuesday, December 13, this year!

I'm still making a spreadsheet: Here!

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
kemoya22 said:
I am a bit confused, are you saying that once you show the institution you have a valid work permit they will charge you an international student rate?
. U need to show ur permanent residence card to be accepted as a local student.and in that way too you may apply for a grant/loan

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If you're not Canadian citizen or Canadian PR then you pay international rates.

kemoya22 said:

bluebabe14

Nov 7, 2011
RE: SIN AND HEALTHCARD RENEWAL

Those who have renewed SIN and HEALTHCARD under OWP status, did u need to provide employer's letter since OWP is open with any employer???? or just present the OWP document? Pls feel to comment to those who have knowledge or experienced renewing it under OWP status. thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You don't need to. Show your status (OWP) and that's it. The SIN and health card will be co-terminus with your OWP.

bluebabe14 said:
RE: SIN AND HEALTHCARD RENEWAL

Those who have renewed SIN and HEALTHCARD under OWP status, did u need to provide employer's letter since OWP is open with any employer???? or just present the OWP document? Pls feel to comment to those who have knowledge or experienced renewing it under OWP status. thanks

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
aridoarikato said:
I just talked to an agent and he confirmed the approval of my work permit and told me to expect it on the mail in a couple of days. But he also told me that they have changed their system and the approval of my OWP does not mean my PR application has already been approved in principle too. Processing time he said is 17 months and so I should be expecting some news for my PR by Sept. 2012.
aridoarikato said:
I got it, i got it !!!...owp is in the mail today. Issued last dec. 3 :D. Next stop job hunting :eek: God is good!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS aridoarikato! ;)

If you don't mind, may I know the remarks stated on your OWP? Thanks!
Sent you PM too!

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
lyvly said:
i got mine too yesterday.. the remark is ..LIC PENDING APPLICATION FOR PR.. it is valid until february 2013 which is my passport's expiry..
lyvly said:
yeah thats my remark i have just submitted my pr applctn last august..so its really not likely to get approval..
Congrats lyvly! ;)

Will, ..at least you had your OWP only in a few months after submitting your application! Not like us we had to wait more than 18 months to have it!

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
Strikenannies said:
Hey All!

I just received my OWP!!! Issued on December 03. Valid until 2015!
CONGRATULATIONS Strikenannies! ;)

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
Strikenannies said:
I'm not able to open my ecas. Since march...
@ Strikenannies.. Hope this help you and others who could not open their eCAS, check @ Q16:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=faq_ecas&lang=en&app=ecas

I don't try this though..

roxaida

Nov 18, 2011
Grande prairie alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/03/2011
Doc's Request.
LC2 April 2013
AOR Received.
April 2014
Med's Request
April 30, 2014
Med's Done....
March 6, 2014
Congratulations everyone who got their OWP on their hands... Mine, no good news yet... :-(