+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

Danna

May 2, 2011
Hi there
I also have a question if we got the open work permit ,
Do we have to change the social insurance numberor the health card?
Please feel free to reply,because some my friends said yes some said no
I am so confuised
thank u guys

Kristina S.

Sep 9, 2011
:D @ kalingca thanks!
:D @ wsongco thanks!, The remarks in my OWP: PENDING LIC APR. and the conditions: Unless authorized, must not attend any educational institution or take any academic, professional or vocational training course. issued Dec 4, 2011 / expiration date Dec 4, 2015. i don't know why it was pending. is it bcoz my family didn't received the LC2 kit???
:D

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Kristina S. said:
:D @ wsongco thanks!, The remarks in my OWP: PENDING LIC APR. and the conditions: Unless authorized, must not attend any educational institution or take any academic, professional or vocational training course. issued Dec 4, 2011 / expiration date Dec 4, 2015. i don't know why it was pending. is it bcoz my family didn't received the LC2 kit???
your welcome!
me too have same remarks, i guess the best thing is to be thankful than waiting and waiting until 19 months.

VALID UNTIL JAN 2014 same as MY PASSPORT EXPIRY

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Danna said:
Hi there
I also have a question if we got the open work permit ,
Do we have to change the social insurance numberor the health card?
Please feel free to reply,because some my friends said yes some said no
I am so confuised
thank u guys
same SIN number until we got our PR card

laranel

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kristina S. said:
hi Kristina the expiration of your OWP is 2015, is that the same validity of you passport?

laranel

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsongco said:
your welcome!
same remarks to me too, i guess the best thing is to be thankful than waiting and waiting until 19 months.
Hi Wsongco up to when is the validity of your OWP? mine is Apr 2013 same as validity of my passport....

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Mrs. Just Tiis said:
That's a useful info- that the 1 2 7 update doesn't always reflect the actual status - it gives hope to some with a similar cases.

This just my opinion: You can always resign from your current employer if you wish, just give them 2 weeks notice. I know you have a sense of professionalism, but in this case, you have to do what you have to do, if you think it is more beneficial to you and your family fopr you to find a better paying job, which you are now free to do, why suck it up?

These are facts :

On the work permit, it says you are not allowed to attend any educational instituion unles authorized... That is why you need to apply for a study permit shld you wish to updrade your skills. I have a study permit myself.

You must leave Canada upon work permit's expiration date - this is standard wordings, it means you need to renew it before it expires.

AND I COMPLETELY AGREE, WE MUST CONTINUE OUR PETITION FOR FASTER FAMILY REUNIFICATION.

correct me if im wrong according to our work permit were not allowed to study unless you give up your work permit in exchange of student permit. its one or the other. please send me the link on how you apply both. thanks

roxaida

Nov 18, 2011
Grande prairie alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/03/2011
Doc's Request.
LC2 April 2013
AOR Received.
April 2014
Med's Request
April 30, 2014
Med's Done....
March 6, 2014
wsongco said:
correct me if im wrong according to our work permit were not allowed to study unless you give up your work permit in exchange of student permit. its one or the other. please send me the link on how you apply both. thanks
wsongco, that is so confusing eh? haaays!!! :-[ this program and processing times sucks!!! ggggrrrrrr!!!! :mad:

Strikenannies

Oct 4, 2011
I had called cic today and there is some information:

Everybody that applied for PR+OWP under the live in caregiver program will received the OWP soon.

It doesn't not mean 1st stage of approval, 1st stage of approval will be after 18/19 months after the date that they receive your application.

The after you received the 1st stage of approval letter than you wait more 17 months to conclude your process and received your PR.

I'm saying as a single applicant. Probably I will get any letter from the government in april of 2012.

With your OWP you CAN leave the country and come back just have to apply for an entry visa, as I have a USA visa I'm going to SEATTLE to do it.

I also renewed my sin yesterday, I went to a service Canada and renewed. Fast and free. They gave me a paper proving that I'm legal and my sin number is ok. It will come by mail a new sin card in 4 weeks. Same number..starting with 9.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
@strikenannies where did they get information about pilot project of owp? im very confused i cant find any from CIC website.

Berry11

Star Member
Oct 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2010
Strikenannies said:
I had called cic today and there is some information:

Everybody that applied for PR+OWP under the live in caregiver program will received the OWP soon.

It doesn't not mean 1st stage of approval, 1st stage of approval will be after 18/19 months after the date that they receive your application.

The after you received the 1st stage of approval letter than you wait more 17 months to conclude your process and received your PR.

I'm saying as a single applicant. Probably I will get any letter from the government in april of 2012.

With your OWP you CAN leave the country and come back just have to apply for an entry visa, as I have a USA visa I'm going to SEATTLE to do it.

I also renewed my sin yesterday, I went to a service Canada and renewed. Fast and free. They gave me a paper proving that I'm legal and my sin number is ok. It will come by mail a new sin card in 4 weeks. Same number..starting with 9.

Hi strikenannies,
Do you have an idea how long it'll take for canadian embassy seattle to process the re entry? I was supposed to the application for trv in person because i have US visa as well but when i called canadian embassy seattle they said the 24 hour processing time for in person application is not available anymore. There is no guarantee how many days they will process it so meaning, you have to stay in seattle while waiting for your trv because you have to submit them your original passport. And without your passport, you can't be admitted back here in canada( border)

So i decided to do it in our country coz i don't have info how long they're going to process it...
By mail ut usually is 30 days but i don't want to do that cause the time is tight...

Berry11

Star Member
Oct 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2010
wsongco said:
Hi! You can study however, it should't be more than 6 mos.
Here's the link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/work/index-caregiver.asp

Strikenannies

Oct 4, 2011
Berry11 said:
Hi strikenannies,
Do you have an idea how long it'll take for canadian embassy seattle to process the re entry? I was supposed to the application for trv in person because i have US visa as well but when i called canadian embassy seattle they said the 24 hour processing time for in person application is not available anymore. There is no guarantee how many days they will process it so meaning, you have to stay in seattle while waiting for your trv because you have to submit them your original passport. And without your passport, you can't be admitted back here in canada( border)

So i decided to do it in our country coz i don't have info how long they're going to process it...
By mail ut usually is 30 days but i don't want to do that cause the time is tight...
@wsongo- Who told me about this pilot project was the agent from CIC... I believe that its'true I just don't believe that it's just that, I think it's kind of iceberg...we see just the top...

@berry- I didn't know that the canadian embassy doesn't do it anymore...i was planning to do that...Go to seattle one day and come back on the another...

Probably I will have to send my passport...