+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

ennaesor

Star Member
Aug 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If anyone of you called your MP`s please update this thread. I want to call too but I`m kind of afraid that it might have a bad effect on my application. Thank you!
I hope and pray that CIC will speed up the process for us live in caregivers

ennaesor

Star Member
Aug 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wanna go home :(
I just submitted my application last december and if the process takes 11- 12 months, and they are only working on applications submitted before jan 2010, how long before they start my application?oh my gosh...:(

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
Hello ladies, you seriously think MP's can do anything ? I'm sorry ladies but they wont change anything cos it's a general problem, it does not affect just a person or two, so i think there is a little they can do.The MP's can only talk to them but seriously they can not make the processing time go down.

I spoke to a CIC agent today and she said the processing time is not gonna go down for now,so she asked if i was a single applicant and i said yes,she said i should have my AIP by April and i should Have my PR before the year runs out . I told her i wanna visit my country by December and she said if i did not get my PR by then,i should apply for a TRV . She said the processing time is not really gonna affect the single applicants ones they have AIP but for those that applied for the family,it's gonna be a long wait.

I think y'all will just have to take your mind of it and move on with life,when it comes, it comes cos it is really gonna be a long wait. If you really wish to see your family just apply for a TRV .

Goodluck Folks.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
i called the MP and his secretary, she said that we have to go with the flow and it is a general problem, if we go home for a vacation can we stay for a maximum of 6 months away from canada? thanks and good luck to all of us!

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
I knew the MP can not do anything about it.
You can go on vacation for a month ,i doubt if u can go for 6months.

sydneywhite

Star Member
Aug 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Monalizy said:
Hello ladies, you seriously think MP's can do anything ? I'm sorry ladies but they wont change anything cos it's a general problem, it does not affect just a person or two, so i think there is a little they can do.The MP's can only talk to them but seriously they can not make the processing time go down.

I spoke to a CIC agent today and she said the processing time is not gonna go down for now,so she asked if i was a single applicant and i said yes,she said i should have my AIP by April and i should Have my PR before the year runs out . I told her i wanna visit my country by December and she said if i did not get my PR by then,i should apply for a TRV . She said the processing time is not really gonna affect the single applicants ones they have AIP but for those that applied for the family,it's gonna be a long wait.

I think y'all will just have to take your mind of it and move on with life,when it comes, it comes cos it is really gonna be a long wait. If you really wish to see your family just apply for a TRV .

Goodluck Folks.

whoaaaa this is really gonna be a long wait for us who applied with dependents! God movees in mysterious ways! no doubt with it :) God bless us all!

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
And today's update is Processed up to January 29th. 8) By nextweek they should be in Feb.

sissy97

Oct 20, 2010
Hey guys! I have a couple of question i already submit my Owp and Pr appliction last Mar2010 and expecting to recieve my owp bet Feb- Mar this year due to 11-12mos processing. So here's the thing my employer is already realesing me this Jan 2011 so she not gonna pay my tax anymore would that affect my owp and pr application even i already worked for her for almost 3yrs and already submitted my application. I hope it would'nt screw up every. Btw im single and no sponsorhip im my application if that would help. Thanks in advance!

ennaesor

Star Member
Aug 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello guys, just wanna share with you all, I called CIC yesterday, and they said that they're "opening" applications till november 15, 2010, does that mean they are already processing it?
good luck to us all!

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
No update for this week as they are still processing Jan 29th, nothing changed from that of last week,was thinking they will be in febuary by today. :(

AgiHun

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Hi Guys,

I just found this forum. I im in kind of the same situation, I arrived here in 2006 from Europe, and have been with 4 families since. I sent my application for PR and OWP in June 2010 (I am single). I never received anything up to this point, can't log in to ECAS, nothing. Other than that, my problem is the following. About 2-3 weeks after I mailed in my application my employer told me she can't pay me any longer due to her separation. I had to move to my boyfriend's family's place. Since then they allow me to stay here, I live from my saved up money and I am trying to find a family who can sponsor me for an other year, by then I am sure I get my open permit and PR.

My work permit to my last employer expired in december 2010. Before it expired I called CIC and they said not to worry, I will not have to leave the country until I receive my open permit because I have "implied" status in the waiting period. They also said that I have two options. Either I am NOT working for any employer and I stay at my boyfriend's until I get my papers, or if I want to work and find a family, I have to apply for a work permit through the live-in caregiver program again and the family has to get LMO, etc. (even after my work permit expires)
I said ok, sounds good, I will find a family...BUT...I have been to sooooooooooo many interviews, found good families where I could imagine living for an other year or two. They said they would like to offer the job to me, put an ad on Job Bank, etc. And then just before they would send their application for LMO with my name on it, "misteriously" something happened and they can no longer offer the job for me. It happened at least 5 times. SO....I think the families are scared to hire me because I only have about 5-6 months left until I get my open permit? Or what's their problem? I have at least 5 references and they always call all of them and they said that I have great references. So then what's the problem? Only me getting the open permit so "soon" might be the issue.

Now, I am at that point where I have no Health card, SIN card expired, no idea how I will mail in my taxes in February and I can not work or do anything, have to cancel my phone soon because I can't pay the bills. The families don't want to hire me because I'll get my papers so "soon" but I can not be without a job for the next 5-6 months, just can't do it financially. Anybody has a similar story or has some ideas what to do that is legal? Any advice would be appreciated.....

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
Aglhun

I dont know what to say but you should prepare for a long wait , with thé way things are now, you might not get your OWP until August cos thé processing time keeps going up , dont be surprise to see it jump to 13 months by nextweek . Just keep searching for a new employer .

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
AgiHun......you got it right unfortunately.

Why would a family go through all the hassle of hiring someone, when they know that person is probably going to leave after a few months?

Why don't you suggest legally committing yourself to the job for at least 12 months???....even if you do get an OWP, you will continue working with the family until the legal contract is finished.

This way, you will get a job, even if you are bound to that job for 12 months, better than no job for 4 months.....yes????

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Good advice Angelbrat. But contracts and promises can be broken that is why it is so difficult for workers under the LC program if and when they are released by their employers prior to them receiving their OWP. Even when the caregiver is true to his/her word at abiding by his/her promise to stay with the family. The family actually loses nothing; they don't pay when they process the caregiver's LMO but they are still wary to accept caregiver applicants nearing the end of their two years, worse, waiting for their OWP. There were some who were able to get EI while waiting for their OWP (at least one I know personally). I don't know if she just got lucky. But she received her OWP in less than 5 months; single live in caregiver.

angelbrat said:
AgiHun......you got it right unfortunately.

Why would a family go through all the hassle of hiring someone, when they know that person is probably going to leave after a few months?

Why don't you suggest legally committing yourself to the job for at least 12 months???....even if you do get an OWP, you will continue working with the family until the legal contract is finished.

This way, you will get a job, even if you are bound to that job for 12 months, better than no job for 4 months.....yes????

AgiHun

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Thanks for the reply everybody. When I go to the interviews, that's the first thing I tell them that I am looking for long term, not only until I receive me papers. And it's true because I don't want to find myself in the same "hole" 4-5 months later... *sigh*