CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
if you dont mind..show us how you compute you 3900 in 20 months..its so confusing. if you said you can submit now in july for option 2 and for option 1 in november...pls explain.

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
wsongco said:
if you dont mind..show us how you compute you 3900 in 20 months..its so confusing. if you said you can submit now in july for option 2 and for option 1 in november...pls explain.
Got here march 2009, i am way behind. So finally i'll be completing 3900 hours. I've lost 8 months, i think because i was unemployed while looking for another employer and processing times for work permit.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
How many hours do you work per week? You need time sheets signed by you and your employer for the overtime hours claimed.

riaivy1980 said:
Got here march 2009, i am way behind. So finally i'll be completing 3900 hours. I've lost 8 months, i think because i was unemployed while looking for another employer and processing times for work permit.

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
wsongco said:
You can't apply w/in 20 months of work even if you accumulate 3,900hrs. It should be in 22 months.....with only 390 hrs overtime included.

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
job_seeker said:
How many hours do you work per week? You need time sheets signed by you and your employer for the overtime hours claimed.
i have overtime for the first 2 employers. Working even on saturday n sundays. But the first employer let me go after 2 months. Then unemployed for 4 minths after that, then on the next employer, i only have my off every other week end, but she died after 8 months of working for her, so i was unemployed again for 4 months and started working on my 3rd employer. Yes, i already gave my timesheets to my former employer to sign. What i know is to be able to ve under option 2, u need to complete 3900 within the 4 years given to us to complete it and with minimun of 22 months from the time i
Got here. Got here march 2009, so its been 2 years n 4 months.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You should have worked at least 22 months of the 28 months that you've been here and have worked 3900 hours in the 22 months that you worked. You've been here 2 years (24 months) and 4 months, a total of 28 months and been unemployed for 8 months out of the 28 months. You need to work 2 more month to qualify for the second option. Do the math carefully. It's okay to submit early if you qualify.

riaivy1980 said:
i have overtime for the first 2 employers. Working even on saturday n sundays. But the first employer let me go after 2 months. Then unemployed for 4 minths after that, then on the next employer, i only have my off every other week end, but she died after 8 months of working for her, so i was unemployed again for 4 months and started working on my 3rd employer. Yes, i already gave my timesheets to my former employer to sign. What i know is to be able to ve under option 2, u need to complete 3900 within the 4 years given to us to complete it and with minimun of 22 months from the time i
Got here. Got here march 2009, so its been 2 years n 4 months.

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
riaivy1980 :

"What i know is to be able to be under option 2, u need to complete 3900 within the 4 years given to us to complete it and with minimum of 22 months from the time i got here.

It's not from the time you get here in Canada...its from the time you start working within four years of your date of arrival Keep in mind that exceeding the allowed number of hours in a week in the territory/province that you're working in is counted as overtime.

richmondhill

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi everyone!

i just want to ask if someone knew about the things that could affect an OWP/PR application? because i wanted to apply for E.I maternity leave on september and i am still under working permit. and at the same time am going to submit my papers on august for OWP/PR.

and can someone tell me if i can go outside canada while application for OWP/PR is on process?

please i hope someone can help me about this.

thank you so much and god bless us all.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
richmondhill said:
hi everyone!

i just want to ask if someone knew about the things that could affect an OWP/PR application? because i wanted to apply for E.I maternity leave on september and i am still under working permit. and at the same time am going to submit my papers on august for OWP/PR.

and can someone tell me if i can go outside canada while application for OWP/PR is on process?

please i hope someone can help me about this.

thank you so much and god bless us all.
If you have a multiple entry visa or are visa exempt, you can leave and come back but you shouldn't stay away too long because in order to be a part of the LIC program, you should be residing in Canada.

Kawley77

Jan 20, 2015
Live-in Caregiver: after applying for PR/OP 2015

Hi guys, need some help here about my situation. I'm gonna pass my papers this year. But there's a problem with my job timeline, my previous employer paid my taxes without my work permit yet and they already send it to revenue. My dilemma is should I indicate the start of my work permit from my previous employer or start of work from them? Does my application would complicate? Thanks in advance for any help. I would really appreciate it.

Carebear0329

Oct 9, 2016
Hi leon, I hope you can help me. My fiance use to work here in Canada then change to visitor permit. My application for PR is on going and I already have my open work permit, I am under live-in caregiver program as well. I am planning to get married and inform the embassy about the change status, my question is.. Ones he's application for PR is on going to, can he just stay here in Canada and get an open work permit?? Or he will need to go home?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Carebear0329 said:
Hi leon, I hope you can help me. My fiance use to work here in Canada then change to visitor permit. My application for PR is on going and I already have my open work permit, I am under live-in caregiver program as well. I am planning to get married and inform the embassy about the change status, my question is.. Ones he's application for PR is on going to, can he just stay here in Canada and get an open work permit?? Or he will need to go home?
If you get married and you are doing a skilled job, skill level A, B or O and you can prove that with a job letter, your spouse would be eligible for an open work permit as well. If you are not doing a skilled job, then your spouse can only extend as a visitor or try to qualify for his own work permit.

Carebear0329

Oct 9, 2016
Thank you leon for the information. I already applied my PR under live-in caregiver. I'm just worried that having my husband under my application, will make the waiting longer. Is it ok to apply under caregiver new pathway under childcare ? They say it's more faster.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Carebear0329 said:
Thank you leon for the information. I already applied my PR under live-in caregiver. I'm just worried that having my husband under my application, will make the waiting longer. Is it ok to apply under caregiver new pathway under childcare ? They say it's more faster.
According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/permanent_resident.asp you may use your LIC work experience to apply under the new pathway if you are eligible. According to the CIC website, the new pathway looks a lot faster.

As for including your fiance whom you already refer to as a husband, keep in mind that if you have lived with him for 12 months or longer as a couple, you are considered to be common law partners and it becomes your obligation to include him. Same goes if you marry him. There shouldn't be any additional delays including him. They will process his background checks at the same time they process yours.

Remz

Mar 30, 2016
Hi i just receive a letter from the immigration about me being eligible to be a permanent resident here in canada however i am 8 months pregnant and ask me about the father of the baby and a birth certificate of the baby aswell

Question

1. Baby is not born yet they given me 90 days to provide them. I still got time right? The moment i give birth i send them the paper
2. The father of the baby i just met here and without any valid work status. Just a visitor. He is going in and out of canada for a while. The problem is when i got pregnant he over stayed here in canada and didnt have any valid status. Now he is back here in canada as a visitor again but the immigration ask for the relationship of the father. I dont know what exactly should i say. We are in a relationship but his status in canada is not really clear. I dont wanna jeopardize my papers because of him.