+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregiver: after applying for PR

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
riaivy1980 said:
hi! after a year of reading this forum, i am finally gathering my documents for an OWP and PR. I just want to ask about one requirement in the checklist, # 15. Statement of earnings showing hours worked and deductions made by the employers. The one that i'm receiving from my employers are the payroll deductions online calculator without the hours stated in it. Is this the same thing? or they'll be supplying me a real statement of earnings? I'm applying for option 2. Thanks in advance! ???
No problem for that. I got the same pay slips as yours. But I applied using Option 1. So, you might need a new pay slips indicating how many hours are your overtime since you will apply thru Option 2. Good luck

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
honeysweetie said:
No problem for that. I got the same pay slips as yours. But I applied using Option 1. So, you might need a new pay slips indicating how many hours are your overtime since you will apply thru Option 2. Good luck
thanks! That i figured. I really the detailed statement of earnings specially i'll be in option 2. I just hope my former employers would cooperate.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
if your previous employer doesnt cooperate you can still submit thru option 1. Much easier less hustle.

sharma80

Jun 18, 2011
Hi there ,
Can anybody tell me about processing time fo open work permit? How long it will take to come?
What happen if i will be unemployed while i am waiting for my OWP.
I am going to apply my PR + OWP on 1st of july as a single applicant. My contract is going to finish in end of august. Can i stay unemployed and will it effect my application? I have a family here and i can afford to be unemployed.

Please help me with the information.
Thanks very much
ritika

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
wsongco said:
if your previous employer doesnt cooperate you can still submit thru option 1. Much easier less hustle.
i dont think that's possible. I haven't completed my 24 months i could only go for the 3900 hours to apply by july. Cause if i have to complete 24 months? I still have to wait till november before applying. I can't wait that long anymore especially with the13-14 months of waiting for the open work permit.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You can apply under option 2 if you have worked at for 3900 hours in 22 months, not all overtime hours are counted toward the 3900.

riaivy1980 said:
i dont think that's possible. I haven't completed my 24 months i could only go for the 3900 hours to apply by july. Cause if i have to complete 24 months? I still have to wait till november before applying. I can't wait that long anymore especially with the13-14 months of waiting for the open work permit.

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
job_seeker said:
You can apply under option 2 if you have worked at for 3900 hours in 22 months, not all overtime hours are counted toward the 3900.
yes jobseeker... Been here for 2 years n 4 months... N i dont have that much overtime... Just under 390 hours... So i think i can apply under option2.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If you have been here 2 years and 4 months how come you can't apply under option 1? You should have worked for at least 22 months and gained the 3900 work hours.

riaivy1980 said:
yes jobseeker... Been here for 2 years n 4 months... N i dont have that much overtime... Just under 390 hours... So i think i can apply under option2.

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
job_seeker said:
If you have been here 2 years and 4 months how come you can't apply under option 1? You should have worked for at least 22 months and gained the 3900 work hours.
actually im in my 3rd employer now, so in between work permits i'm unemployed. So thats why it take me so long to complete 3900 hours. And this july, finally i can finish the hours....

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You should have gained the 3900 hours in 22 months. So you need the payslips indicating the hours worked within each pay period.

riaivy1980 said:
actually im in my 3rd employer now, so in between work permits i'm unemployed. So thats why it take me so long to complete 3900 hours. And this july, finally i can finish the hours....

hardwokerAngel

May 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Basya said:
Thanx for a quick reply. I do know about the open work permit. My question is : Can i work as live-out nanny or do other job these 6 months while I am waiting? I have a job offer and my employer is willing to get a new LMO and I am willing to apply for a regular (not open) work permit just to do something different during the 6 -7 months waiting period?
If you don't have an open work permit your not allowed to do that.

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
Just a follow up question, i asked for a detailed statement of earnings from my former employer, and he just told me he have no idea what kind of statement of earnings i need for the requirement of PR. As i've said in the earlier post what im getting is payroll deductions online calculator and im under option 2 and the # number of hours i know should be reflected in my payslip. As i am calculating the hours and the wages monthly, it's not coinciding with whats appearing in my PDOC cause i think they based the wages on an annual like a 12 pay period a year. Any idea on what to do with this? Thanks!

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
riaivy1980
"i dont think that's possible. I haven't completed my 24 months i could only go for the 3900 hours to apply by july. Cause if i have to complete 24 months? I still have to wait till november before applying. I can't wait that long anymore especially with the13-14 months of waiting for the open work permit.

How come you'll apply in July for option 2 with 3,900 w/in 22months of working and wait till November if you'll apply for 24months? It should be September for the 24months....

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
I'm in between employers, in my 3rd now, so it took me a while to complete the 3900 and i have overtime thats why i can apply by 1st week of august. Cause if i have to wait for my 24 months? I can complete it by november. Cannot wait that long.