+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

ujont

Jan 7, 2016
I NEED CLARIFICATION URGENTLY PLS!!

my initial pgwp application got refused on sept 4 because I did not pay the extra $100- was unaware at the time. I then reapplied for pgwp + restoration of status within 1 week of refusal. my original study permit was valid till jan 2016 but refusal letter stated that I lost my status on sept 4 2015. I just heard some people saying you have to apply for study permit renewal as well because you must have valid study permit in order to get PGWP. is this true, cant see it anywhere in the guide. my info below:

initial pgwp: 4 may 2015
letter of refusal: 4 sept 2015
application for restoration of status+ pgwp: 11 sept 2015
original study permit expiry date: 30 Jan 2016

shubham710

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Yes
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
4 December 2013
LANDED..........
19 December 2013
A study permit becomes invalid 90 days after your study program has been completed (means when you receive official confirmation from the college) regardless what your study permit says . In your case seems you graduated in May. So obviously you was out of status when you applied in Sept.

ujont

Jan 7, 2016
shubham710 said:
A study permit becomes invalid 90 days after your study program has been completed (means when you receive official confirmation from the college) regardless what your study permit says . In your case seems you graduated in May. So obviously you was out of status when you applied in Sept.
I guess my main concern is: was there supposed to be a study permit extension application in addition to the restoration+ PGWP application?

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ujont said:
I guess my main concern is: was there supposed to be a study permit extension application in addition to the restoration+ PGWP application?
Ujont,

Please check step 3 (Pay the fees) in this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5552ETOC.asp#restoration

"You must pay a Processing Fee for each service that you require and all fees must be submitted with your application. If you apply for more than one service on a single application you must add up the fees for each service and submit the total of the fees with your application"

However, it also depends on what your refusal letter asked you to do and the fees to pay.

Cheers and good luck!

ujont

Jan 7, 2016
in my case I paid 455, is that right? my rejection letter below:

Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have
carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is
therefore refused.
In order to process your type of work permit application, an Open Work Permit Holder Fee
($100.00) is required. As you have not submitted this at the time of application, your application
cannot be approved.
We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status expires on September 4th, 2015.
You may apply for restoration if, within 90 days from the expiry of your temporary resident status
you submit:
 a completed application form;
 applicable fees for restoration and for the immigration document(s).
Payments should be made online. When
you are finished, you must print the receipt of payment and include it with your
application.
 all required documents in support of your application.
Please consult the section “Restoration of status” in the application guide: “Applying to
change conditions or extend your stay in Canada”. Restoration applies to each member
who has lost his or her status. Please note that there is no guarantee your application will be
accepted.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ujont said:
in my case I paid 455, is that right? my rejection letter below:

Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have
carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is
therefore refused.
In order to process your type of work permit application, an Open Work Permit Holder Fee
($100.00) is required. As you have not submitted this at the time of application, your application
cannot be approved.
We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status expires on September 4th, 2015.
You may apply for restoration if, within 90 days from the expiry of your temporary resident status
you submit:
 a completed application form;
 applicable fees for restoration and for the immigration document(s).
Payments should be made online. When
you are finished, you must print the receipt of payment and include it with your
application.
 all required documents in support of your application.
Please consult the section “Restoration of status” in the application guide: “Applying to
change conditions or extend your stay in Canada”. Restoration applies to each member
who has lost his or her status. Please note that there is no guarantee your application will be
accepted.
Ujont,

I have read your refusal letter. Please refer to my previous response.

Cheers!

kennykay

Nov 23, 2015
jubear said:
Ujont,

I have read your refusal letter. Please refer to my previous response.

Cheers!
Ujont, please check your inbox.What I have written therein is largely based on the advice of our forum friends especially Jubear and no one can guarantee anything because as Jubear once correctly stated,the CIC people are largely unpredictable. Meanwhile,can those on "restoration" learn a second language or is that regarded as "studying"?

kennykay

Nov 23, 2015
ujont said:
can anybody help with how to make additional payment on submitted paper application pls?
Ujont, unsolicited? I sent a copy of my rewned passport twice .It was fruitless.But, you can try in a situation of uncertainty.

ujont

Jan 7, 2016
kennykay said:
Ujont, unsolicited? I sent a copy of my rewned passport twice .It was fruitless.But, you can try in a situation of uncertainty.
really sad, cic can do better than this especially in these modern times. we just hope, pray and wait

ndrs11

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Hey guys,
has anyone applied for a TRV recently?

I submitted my application like 2 weeks ago and I haven't got the request for my passport yet
I know it's still early but I'm seeing a lot of people here that got their passport request in two or three days only

vimalind

Aug 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ndrs11 said:
Hey guys,
has anyone applied for a TRV recently?

I submitted my application like 2 weeks ago and I haven't got the request for my passport yet
I know it's still early but I'm seeing a lot of people here that got their passport request in two or three days only
TRV Online Application submitted on Jan 6, 2016
Requested Passport on Jan 7, 2016
Sent Passport to CIC Ottawa by Xpresspost on Jan 8,2016
Expected Delivery on Jan 12, 2016
Expected Passport Return soon..

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,
Is there anyone who applied for pgwp on or before august 20 but still waiting for approval?

raman sidhu

Jan 10, 2016
hi everyone
its my first post here
here is my timeline
applied 28 june
updated 9 nov
i have called cic twice they just answered that my file is in review
still waiting
i have an emergency to go to back home
so frustrated

zhouyvan

Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Juin 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
I applied online 21 Aug, I called them today, he said " CIC starts working on your application on 31 Oct, and they have 120 days to finish it so you will get the decision on the end of Feb or the first week of March"... I really dont understand, so many tricks they could do to give themselves excuses to delay without a dead line.

pankaj281 said:
Hey guys,
Is there anyone who applied for pgwp on or before august 20 but still waiting for approval?