+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Preparations/Timelines for 2015 Live In Caregiver PR/OWP Applications

thereal26

May 11, 2017
Its heart breaking but now just prepare that one document they require. Did they tell you what is missing? You completed your time withing the 4 years and that all that matters now.
Hi Lanina,

Is it possible to apply for PR online for live-in-caregivers like us? Thanks

bing1978

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Hello.My sister is currently on PR process for live in caregivers, she rreceived an email that one of her daughter was below 22 years old and is a full time student before the amendment of the dependant age which makes her eligible.the question is does she need to be stdying in order to be eligible to come to canada?after graduating college, she stopped. she stayed home and never worked.Since we are not aware that she will be eligible for depenedant she never enrolled or study again.Does anyone have this kind of issue/situation? need advice. Thanks!

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
I believe from what i have read her age if she qualifies as a dependant at the time of the application is "locked". That means its her age at the time of the innitial application is relevant.
That mean as long as she met the requirement at the time of the application. She should be fine.
Anyone else has another interpretation of the immigration rules?

thereal26

May 11, 2017
Hello Lanina, I have resubmitted my whole application and cpc vegreville received it last Wednesday morning, as per the consultant she has not received any letter regarding my work permit so according to her is still being processed and is just waiting for my correct pr application, but we also had an agreement with the consultant that she will be liable with whatever bad thing/s that might happen to me while I do not have a work permit. Now I am just hoping for the best regarding my application. Thank you so much Lanina.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Hello Lanina, I have resubmitted my whole application and cpc vegreville received it last Wednesday morning, as per the consultant she has not received any letter regarding my work permit so according to her is still being processed and is just waiting for my correct pr application, but we also had an agreement with the consultant that she will be liable with whatever bad thing/s that might happen to me while I do not have a work permit. Now I am just hoping for the best regarding my application. Thank you so much Lanina.
You have implied status because you sent off for the other work permit extension. So dont worry! I myself have a work permit that will expires soon. I have implied status because i applied for the open work permit. I will see at the end of june what up with that.

Just be strong my dear. As long as you resubmitted within a quick time things are looking up from here!!!#

comforter

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
So, here's where i am currently with my application
App recvd on the 12th Apr
Processing started on the 19th Apr
AOR recvd on the 20th Apr
Final decision letter recvd on the 2nd May
Email for COPR interview recvd on the 17th may
interview scheduled for 24th may
Thank you Jesus,God is faithful
For those still waiting in line, i pray your approval come quick and on time

Last edited:

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Congratulation!!!!!! God is Good and you deserve it ALLL!!!!

You applied under the new pathway?

Lisaar

Apr 18, 2017

Congratulations!!! ,

did you get the open work permit already?? Did you apply as a single or with family?

Lisaar

Apr 18, 2017
Does anyone know if a can go on vacation outside Canada while the open work permit and permanent resident application are still in the process??

mjov

May 25, 2017
Hi all. I applied for PR as a live-in caregiver through t he old program in August 2016. I was missing translation of a police clearance and I sent it the next month. I still haven't heard back from them. Was anyone of you in the same situation and how long does it take to get PR if you are missing a document?