+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Preparations/Timelines for 2015 Live In Caregiver PR/OWP Applications

comforter

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Hi Lanina,

Thank you again, I have checked it a lot of times today and did what you told me but nothing came up so I tried calling IRCC and I was able to talk to an agent, sadly my application is being returned as what he told me because one of the documents that I submitted has a problem. He said I will have to resubmit. Anyway I forgot to ask him if my open permit application would still be approved even if my pr application is returned. Do they do that? I hope someone in this forum has experienced this and could share what they did.
Both application(PR & OWP) will be returned to you

thereal26

May 11, 2017
Both application(PR & OWP) will be returned to you
Hello Comforter,

Thank you for your reply. I am in trouble then if that is the case, as my current work permit will expire on May 24, 2017, although I have submitted an extension as well last April just in case.

comforter

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Hello Comforter,

Thank you for your reply. I am in trouble then if that is the case, as my current work permit will expire on May 24, 2017, although I have submitted an extension as well last April just in case.
As long as you've submitted an extesion before your current work permit expiry date you'll be fine.
But CIC stipulate that your extension should be at least 1 month before your current one expires

thereal26

May 11, 2017
As long as you've submitted an extesion before your current work permit expiry date you'll be fine.
But CIC stipulate that your extension should be at least 1 month before your current one expires
Hello Comforter,

Thank you for the information. I did submit one last April 6, 2017. Hopefully they give me the extension soon as I need to renew my OHIP, SIN and my VISA, although it is a long shot as per the website and ircc call centre, they haven't opened any paper applications that were passed after December 2016.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
I just checked it using m
Hi Lanina,

Thank you again, I have checked it a lot of times today and did what you told me but nothing came up so I tried calling IRCC and I was able to talk to an agent, sadly my application is being returned as what he told me because one of the documents that I submitted has a problem. He said I will have to resubmit. Anyway I forgot to ask him if my open permit application would still be approved even if my pr application is returned. Do they do that? I hope someone in this forum has experienced this and could share what they did.
Dear Father God.

I am sorry to hear. The CIC needs to adopt a send the missing document approach. They send everything back.

My dear just start preparing that document and as you get the paperwork send it back the same day.

You have implied status for work permit dont worry about SIN and so on. As long as you are with they same employer you have implied status.

thereal26

May 11, 2017
I just checked it using m

Dear Father God.

I am sorry to hear. The CIC needs to adopt a send the missing document approach. They send everything back.

My dear just start preparing that document and as you get the paperwork send it back the same day.

You have implied status for work permit dont worry about SIN and so on. As long as you are with they same employer you have implied status.

Thanks Lanina, that is what I'm going to do. This is actually my second application, although my consultant told me that she submitted one last year but as I have talked to someone from IRCC yesterday I learned that I never had an application submitted last year (can you believe it? I might have been approved last year). So based on their records I only submitted last March which was returned and another one last April which they will be returning. It is also my fault for relying on a representative, I just feel bad that she lied to me about submitting my application last year.

Anyway, I will make sure all my application forms and attachments are complete and hopefully my next application would be approved, and I'd get my extension soon. Thank you very much Lanina & Comforter.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Thanks Lanina, that is what I'm going to do. This is actually my second application, although my consultant told me that she submitted one last year but as I have talked to someone from IRCC yesterday I learned that I never had an application submitted last year (can you believe it? I might have been approved last year). So based on their records I only submitted last March which was returned and another one last April which they will be returning. It is also my fault for relying on a representative, I just feel bad that she lied to me about submitting my application last year.

Anyway, I will make sure all my application forms and attachments are complete and hopefully my next application would be approved, and I'd get my extension soon. Thank you very much Lanina & Comforter.
I just came from a meeting with an organization called CAC Caregivers Action Centre in Toronto. They have help for caregiver that are going through crap with these Immigration Consultants and all those who take advantage of us!!! They can provide some advise

#647-782-6633

Reactions: thereal26

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
I just got involved with them and they are a force for caregivers. That is fraud what that representative did you can actually report them!!!

BUT right now my dear choose your battle. Call them if you are in Toronto they can point you to proper legal advise without charge. Sort out your PR first then deal with the representative later.

I know the feeling my dear. Just hold the faith. Let the immigration know though what has happened with this representative.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Psalm: 35. 1. Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me. 2. Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine help.

thereal26

May 11, 2017
Psalm: 35. 1. Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me. 2. Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine help.
Thank you very much for your support Lanina, sorry if I am sharing any unnecessary stress here. I will try your recommendation, but I will go to my consultant's office today or tomorrow and see if any letters have been sent by IRCC. By the way, will the open permit application also not be granted if the PR app is returned as per what Comforter said?

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Thank you very much for your support Lanina, sorry if I am sharing any unnecessary stress here. I will try your recommendation, but I will go to my consultant's office today or tomorrow and see if any letters have been sent by IRCC. By the way, will the open permit application also not be granted if the PR app is returned as per what Comforter said?
Yes because the open work permit is granted upon the basis of the Permanent Residence Application.

So hold the faith. You are right try to see if the consultant can help with the corrections and take your time and withdraw from the situation.

When your life is in some of these people hands and they screw up its hell!! You can remove them as your representative using the form you used to appoint them.

There is help out there for caregivers who are just being overchanged by these money hungry consultants.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Dont worry about sharing your stress!!! You are not alone i have gone through it and had to walk away from hundreds of dollars because the consultant gave me neglegent advise!!

I walked away and let him to God!

So my dear try to see if they will help cos you already paid them. If you feel you cant trust them put your documents togather there are community legal advisors for free that can guide you!!!

When its all over and it will be over you can share you experinces so someone else does not have to fall prey to what you went through

thereal26

May 11, 2017
Better Days are Ahead my dear!!! Let the disappointment drive you forward!
Thank you so much Lanina, your words made me feel a bit better. I'll do your advise, I wish I had seen forums like this one since last year, would've made a big difference in my application, my consultant could've just told me that she wasn't able to submit it last year and we could have re-submitted again early last year, its just the lost time last year when I could have my application finished and processed and now the deadline is a killer. Thanks again, I'll tell you whatever will happen with my meeting with her.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Thank you so much Lanina, your words made me feel a bit better. I'll do your advise, I wish I had seen forums like this one since last year, would've made a big difference in my application, my consultant could've just told me that she wasn't able to submit it last year and we could have re-submitted again early last year, its just the lost time last year when I could have my application finished and processed and now the deadline is a killer. Thanks again, I'll tell you whatever will happen with my meeting with her.
Its heart breaking but now just prepare that one document they require. Did they tell you what is missing? You completed your time withing the 4 years and that all that matters now.