+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Preparations/Timelines for 2015 Live In Caregiver PR/OWP Applications

trashco

Sep 16, 2017
I got my OWP it came in the mail on Friday 8th. :):):D:D
I am so happy thank God he certainly works miracles, he could not have sent it in a better time. This is my last week at my old job and I start my new job next Monday 18th of September.

My updated timeline:
Application sent: June 15th 2017
Application Received: June 19th 2017
AOR: August 22nd 2017
Started processing: August 21st 2017
OWP issued: August 30th 2017
OWP received in mail: September 8th 2017
Hi! Did you receive an email regarding your OWP approval? Or you just received it by mail?

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Hey Lanina, I'm ok, actually got married as well. By the way is it possible to add my wife but sponsor at a later date?
I am not sure of the procedure for that. I hope they have changed the primative practices of the past when your status changes. Call CIC

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
You would have to add her and submit the additional documents
Thanks Lanina. By the way my application for PR is still the same (In process) no changes except my address which I changed online. I will contact them and let you know.
You have a open work permit so i dont know if she is entitled to a spousal open work permit? Only God knows how Immigration thinks. That if you have a PR application you cannot be issued with a temporary residence visa. They need to think of family reunification and admit the PR system need a middle ground until they figure things out.

eldeweiss

Jul 7, 2017
Just thought I would share my experience. You can check my timeline for background on when I applied.
June 2016 my daughter came as a visitor ( after not seeing her for 1.5 yrs). She came twice while I was a living in caregiver. This final time the immigration officer asked her why I don't let her stay and wrote a note and gave to her telling me I should apply for a visitor record for her. So she can go to school here in Canada while we go through pr processing. January 2017 my husband who visits twice every years as I had a baby while working as a live in care giver came in as a visitor and was asked by officer if there was a reason I didn't apply for him to get an open work permit. In both cases i took that and applied for both. My daughter got her visitor record September 2016 and my husband got owp feb 2017. Both expires with my pep. But our file was transferred from Trinidad visa office back to vegregile. They called to ask to send more info and in weeks we got medical request. The officers said he is finalizing our application so please compile within 48 hours.
I misses my family and if you have young kids this may be the best way for you to start living with them here in Canada.
Sorry to bother you . how did you get your husband and daughter to visit while you were a live-in caregiver? does this mean I'm allowed to invite my husband for a visit while under LCP.

caribgal84

Feb 15, 2015
Visa Office......
vegreville
NOC Code......
pr/owp
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
Med's Request
05-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
Sorry to bother you . how did you get your husband and daughter to visit while you were a live-in caregiver? does this mean I'm allowed to invite my husband for a visit while under LCP.
At the time my country didn't need a TRV. So they just bought their ticket and come in to Canada. When they get to the border they ask them who they are visiting and they say

Reactions: eldeweiss

eldeweiss

Jul 7, 2017
Just thought I would share my experience. You can check my timeline for background on when I applied.
June 2016 my daughter came as a visitor ( after not seeing her for 1.5 yrs). She came twice while I was a living in caregiver. This final time the immigration officer asked her why I don't let her stay and wrote a note and gave to her telling me I should apply for a visitor record for her. So she can go to school here in Canada while we go through pr processing. January 2017 my husband who visits twice every years as I had a baby while working as a live in care giver came in as a visitor and was asked by officer if there was a reason I didn't apply for him to get an open work permit. In both cases i took that and applied for both. My daughter got her visitor record September 2016 and my husband got owp feb 2017. Both expires with my pep. But our file was transferred from Trinidad visa office back to vegregile. They called to ask to send more info and in weeks we got medical request. The officers said he is finalizing our application so please compile within 48 hours.
I misses my family and if you have young kids this may be the best way for you to start living with them here in Canada.
Thank you so much for sharing. God bless you for this.

caribgal84

Feb 15, 2015
Visa Office......
vegreville
NOC Code......
pr/owp
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
Med's Request
05-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
Hallelujah!!!!!
Landing interview booked for Oct 19th

I am so excited. Does anyone know what they ask in these interview? Do i have to take my 2 dependents with me? 23 months of waiting.

God bless the rest of you waiting. I will keep praying you follow me.

GodisGreat1

Aug 9, 2017
Hallelujah!!!!!

I am so excited. Does anyone know what they ask in these interview? Do i have to take my 2 dependents with me? 23 months of waiting.

CONGRATULATIONS!.. Kindly share your timeline.

caribgal84

Feb 15, 2015
Visa Office......
vegreville
NOC Code......
pr/owp
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
Med's Request
05-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
Visa Office......:
vegreville
NOC Code......:
pr/owp
App. Filed.......:
20-11-2015
AOR Received.:
23-12-2015
Med's Request:
05-06-2017
Med's Done....:
07-06-2017
Landing interview 19-10-2017

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Hallelujah!!!!!

Hi Girl!! Congrats.....