+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

akbb1989

Jun 27, 2016
akbb1989 said:
Hey guys,

quick question - I have been in Canada for the past 1.5 years on a study permit and have recently been granted my PR. My plan is to travel back home (India) and then complete my landing at the Pearson Airport? Is there any problem with the plan? Any important considerations?
Guys, one more question: is it advisable to do my landing on the way back from the trip or should I complete my landing in Canada, then head out to India and apply for PRTD there? I am in New Delhi for two weeks.

lively

Jan 13, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my PR card on 27th june. Took 63 calendar days.

XpressEnterprise

May 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, PK (old)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2008
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2007 (Investor)
AOR Received.
19-08-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
20-04-2011 (London, UK)
Med's Request
29-08-2012 / 29-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2012 / 20-06-2014
Interview........
01-12-2010 (Damascus, Syria)
Passport Req..
21-02-2012 (PPR1) / 15-10-2014 (PPR1 with chart) / 17-11-2014 (PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014 (Received on 01-01-2015)
LANDED..........
12-04-2015 (PR Card : 09-07-2015)
akbb1989 said:
Guys, one more question: is it advisable to do my landing on the way back from the trip or should I complete my landing in Canada, then head out to India and apply for PRTD there? I am in New Delhi for two weeks.
Advice : Land only when you have ample amount of time to spend. If they request for resubmission of photos and you are outside Canada, you cannot enter Canada without PR card, unless you get PRTD.

minhkhoa

Apr 24, 2015
Dear All forum members

We're FSW , and we got CoPR with Destination province is New Brunswick

But now, we intend to land and settle in Toronto

Is there any issue on this? and Can we explain with reason that We can have more chance to find a jobs or we have friend there?

Please help.

szherick

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AbuDhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-March-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Oct-2015
Nomination.....
29-Oct-2015
AOR Received.
31-Dec-15
Med's Done....
15-Nov-15
Passport Req..
08-Mar-16 PP Sent: 13-Mar-16
VISA ISSUED...
02-Mar-16 PP Returned: 04-Apr-16
Hi All,

Just want to ask if the landing process as mentioned by Qorax are still the same process now? We will do our landing on September and we are preparing now.

Thank you.

Regards

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
minhkhoa said:
Dear All forum members

We're FSW , and we got CoPR with Destination province is New Brunswick

But now, we intend to land and settle in Toronto

Is there any issue on this? and Can we explain with reason that We can have more chance to find a jobs or we have friend there?

Please help.
As long as you're not a Provincial Nominee, you're free to land and settle anywhere in Canada, except Quebec.

minhkhoa

Apr 24, 2015
kuskus said:
As long as you're not a Provincial Nominee, you're free to land and settle anywhere in Canada, except Quebec.
Thank you very much Kuskus

Can we answer as we change our mind in settle province.?

agiegirl01

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Charged: 7-02-2015
minhkhoa said:
Thank you very much Kuskus

Can we answer as we change our mind in settle province.?
You don't need to explain anything to anyone, you are free to land and settle anywhere in Canada except Quebec as long as you are not a Provincial Nominee.

agiegirl01

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Charged: 7-02-2015
szherick said:
Hi All,

Just want to ask if the landing process as mentioned by Qorax are still the same process now? We will do our landing on September and we are preparing now.

Thank you.

Regards
Yes it is still basically the same. However, If you are landing in Toronto, get your SIN at the airport, it takes way less time than getting it in the city afterwards.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
agiegirl01 said:
get your SIN at the airport, it takes way less time than getting it in the city afterwards.
Are you serious? It took me and my family members less than 10 minutes to get our SIN numbers (4 in total) from a Service Canada office in the City.

minhkhoa

Apr 24, 2015
agiegirl01 said:
You don't need to explain anything to anyone, you are free to land and settle anywhere in Canada except Quebec as long as you are not a Provincial Nominee.
Thank u much

hammad123455

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
Hello everyone, We have our flight to Canada in the middle of July. I just needed to confirm one thing about these forms, your help will be appreciated. In bsf186a where they ask about the good to follow later, in this form besides goods, do we need to mention the money which we will be getting from our home country. As the principal applicant has property to sell in home country in near future. Also we will be getting the monthly income from home country from the running business.

If only goods are supposed to be mentioned in this form then where we are supposed to write about the upcoming funds from our home country. pleas help. Thanks in advance.

Ryanimay

Dec 27, 2012
Greetings!!
Hi!I received my Visa just now :D
I am planning to have a soft landing this August 2016 x 2 weeks , I will go back to my country because of work.I am bringing my father and mother ,holder of Canadian Tourist Visa. I used to have the Tourist Visa last time prior to my PR approval and the 3 of us have been visiting my brother in Vancouver every Summer and Christmas vacation since 2013.
My concern is that since I will be landing as PR now, then my parents will still be as tourists. Will I booked my ticket separately now? I am concern that if I buy our tickets as usual with return tickets, will I be questioned that I will be returning soon?
Since my brother live in Vancouver , Its his address that I will use for the PR card to be mailed and he will mail it to me as we will back in December2016.
I am aware that I cannot go back to Canada without the PR card, but how about when leaving Canada without the PR card?
Please experienced members help me out.
Thank you very much.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Ryanimay said:
I am concern that if I buy our tickets as usual with return tickets, will I be questioned that I will be returning soon?
Since my brother live in Vancouver , Its his address that I will use for the PR card to be mailed and he will mail it to me as we will back in December 2016.
Congrats on your visa,

The officer needs to be assured that you will be present in Canada by the time your PR card arrives, my advice is not to voluntarily provide too much information. I don't think he will ask you about a return ticket or how long you plan to stay in Canada - but if he does, tell him the story as is. He should be ok with it. People do it all the time, its nothing unusual - (http://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/landing-and-leaving/leaving-canada/i-need-to-leave-canada-but-do-not-have-my-pr-card-yet-what-should-i-do/).

I am aware that I cannot go back to Canada without the PR card, but how about when leaving Canada without the PR card?
Please experienced members help me out.
Thank you very much.
Most likely you will not meet Canadian immigration officials when leaving

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
My experience..

They didn't ask these type of questions. They are just concerned about your permanent address where they will send the card. Don't present them the ticket, unless they ask. 99% of the time they wont ask. They are their to process your PR card & register your landing & nothing else.

On return, as Canada do not have Passport Control desks, you collect your boarding card from baggage drop & proceed directly to boarding gate after crossing security checks so no immigration official going to check you. Nevertheless, Airline staff will check your passport that if you eligible to enter the destination country. They have no business that if you have the PR card with you on departure of not.

But next time when you will board for Canada from your home country , the same airline staff will not allow you to board without PR card. Now its their business.

emamabd said:
Congrats on your visa,

The officer needs to be assured that you will be present in Canada by the time your PR card arrives, my advice is not to voluntarily provide too much information. I don't think he will ask you about a return ticket or how long you plan to stay in Canada - but if he does, tell him the story as is. He should be ok with it. People do it all the time, its nothing unusual - (http://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/landing-and-leaving/leaving-canada/i-need-to-leave-canada-but-do-not-have-my-pr-card-yet-what-should-i-do/).
Most likely you will not meet Canadian immigration officials when leaving