+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
6th Feb, 26th March & 31st March
Nomination.....
PER: 25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
(with RPRF)17th April 2015
Med's Done....
4th May 2015, 3rd line updated: 14th May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
hi

the process time to get PR card is 57 days as per cic website. its been 62 days in my case.

should I wait further or call them to check status of my PR card?

Regards

Ryanimay

Dec 27, 2012
emamabd Thank you very much for replying to my concerns. I am more at peace now on what I should do regarding my soft landing.

canada11 Thank you also for sharing your experience. I now know what to expect regarding my soft landing.

Thank you for your generous replies. Just so you know you made a lot of difference in so many people's lives. bow to both of you

Uddy

Aug 25, 2013
Hi everyone. My family and I will be flying in August to land in Calgary but we have 12 hour layover at Heathrow airport. Does anyone know of any temporary accommodations in Heathrow that will not require Visas? Having to hang around for 12 hours with 2 kids, both less than 4 years old wont work. Any ideas please...

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Look out for executive lounge over there,... but I guess generally over there max time is even 4 hours.

change the ticket :D

Uddy said:
Hi everyone. My family and I will be flying in August to land in Calgary but we have 12 hour layover at Heathrow airport. Does anyone know of any temporary accommodations in Heathrow that will not require Visas? Having to hang around for 12 hours with 2 kids, both less than 4 years old wont work. Any ideas please...

shahkunalm

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2016
Great Help..

Thanks!!

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Ryanimay said:
emamabd Thank you very much for replying to my concerns. I am more at peace now on what I should do regarding my soft landing.

canada11 Thank you also for sharing your experience. I now know what to expect regarding my soft landing.

Thank you for your generous replies. Just so you know you made a lot of difference in so many people's lives. bow to both of you
Glad i helped :)

Aroms

May 19, 2016
Logos
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello People,

It's new week with new blessing, it will surely end in praise.

Enjoy the Sallah break.

Jergens

Mar 20, 2015
hello,
very informative post...i have some queries which are unexplained so far...
i am an electrical engineer from India and i have 6 years of experience in the filed of installation and street light maintenance in Bahrain.I would like to continue my career in the same field. i have seen in your post that certifications are very important in Canada. I am just wondered about the follwing issues.. ANYONE can help me to clarify those, it would be a great help. i am planning to settle in Alberta in two weeks.

1) which is best, i should go for certification or to apply for P. Eng?
2) if it is certification, which certification will be best for my career and have better job opportunity?
3) also i have read that i should have canadian work experience under a P. eng Enginner to qualify for P.eng. Which are best site to look for engineering related jobs. and also is it possible to work privately under a P. Eng to gain the work experience.

adritth

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
october 16th
Nomination.....
jan 16th
AOR Received.
Feb 26
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
processing from april 1
Med's Request
april 7
Med's Done....
April 14
Interview........
Hopefully waived..TLU April 20
Passport Req..
DM on 21st AUgust..waiting for ppr
hi dear friends,

sorry for not being active on forum from few months..

few myths and facts about canadian mmigration

1) landing is totally simple process unless everything and every document is true

2) applying health cards,sin etc are simple

3)its a fact that it takes some time to get a job in your individual field,you need patience.be prepared for 4 to 6 months..there are many part time jobs and agencies..

4)renting is a bit difficult but lot of new basements are available

5)please do not bother about rice,dal ,tamarind etc..everything is available..make sure every luggage u carry has a worth

any doubts msg me...good luck guys

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Uddy said:
I guess it will be tough finding something inside the air-side transit zone. There might be lounges, but most of these are usually either reserved for frequent fliers or too pricey to afford. I am afraid you will have to manage somehow.

ommehta

Sep 10, 2015
Hi All,

I need help with preparing a Personal Goods List (BSF186A list). Can someone PLEASE share their list as a sample with me ? Will be grateful. You could delete all personal details. I just need the format, not your gold ! :p

Thanks and regards

Om

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ommehta said:
Hi All,

I need help with preparing a Personal Goods List (BSF186A list). Can someone PLEASE share their list as a sample with me ? Will be grateful. You could delete all personal details. I just need the format, not your gold ! :p

Thanks and regards

Om
http://mypage.intergate.ca/~rajanr/Van_File/List_GTF.html

ommehta

Sep 10, 2015
Thanks KusKus

Did you make and print this on a plain A4 sheet ? Without any heading or place to sign below ? Do we need to add a Canadian address f or "Goods to follow" ?

Thanks

Om

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ommehta said:
Thanks KusKus

Did you make and print this on a plain A4 sheet ? Without any heading or place to sign below ? Do we need to add a Canadian address f or "Goods to follow" ?

Thanks

Om
This is a sample shared by a forum member. Yes you can create it n excel and print on an A4 paper then attach to the BSF 186A form.

PR1988

Jul 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

Completed my landing last week at the Toronto Pearson airport with my wife.

After landing, we went to the passport control desk. The officer checked our boarding passes and Declaration Card (we need to fill the declaration card in the plane itself....its very simple and does not take much time). The officer asked us few basic questions including how much funds I was carrying. He then guided us to the Immigration Counter and told us that your CoPRs will be checked at that counter.

At the Immigration counter, we handed in our passports & CoPRs to the officer. The officer noted down our Canadian address (I had kept a printout of the address ready for the officer). The officer filled out the CoPR in front of us & again asked us a few basic questions. The officer also noted down how much funds we were carrying & the break-up. At no point of time were we asked to produce the proof of funds. The officer then told us to have a seat while she completes a few formalities. After 10-15 minutes, our names were called and the officer handed us our passports with the CoPR stapled inside. We were then asked to proceed to the Service Canada counter to apply for our SIN.

At the Service Canada counter, unfortunately there was some technical glitch which resulted in long waiting time. We were handed a token number and had to wait around 45 minutes before our number was called. At the desk, we were asked a few family-related questions and were handed our printout with the SIN immediately. The whole process took just 5-10 minutes. We then proceeded to another Service Canada desk where we were handed the welcome to Canada kit.

Finally, we went to collect our baggage and moved towards the customs area. I had prepared detailed Goods Accompanied & Goods to Follow lists. The customs officer reviewed the GTF list, entered certain details in his computer. He then stamped the document and told me to collect the zero duty receipt from the cash counter. I collected the same and handed it over to the officer. With respect to the GA list, I asked whether it needs to be stamped as well. He glanced at the list and told us that nothing more is needed and you guys are good to go, followed by a warm Welcome to Canada!

The whole process took around 2 hours (It would have been lower had it not been for the technical glitch at the SIN counter). The officers were very friendly & understanding and overall it was a simple and smooth process. My suggestion to everyone....be organised & keep your documents handy. Things will be smoother if you reduce the officers workload. Also, the questions asked are quite basic so be confident and always have a smile on your face, after all this is the most important moment of your life!!