+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

akbb1989

Jun 27, 2016
I am in Delhi for exactly 2 weeks (10 business days). Can I land right now, go to Delhi for two weeks and get a PRTD there or should I do my landing while on the way back?
additionally, can I apply for PRTD right now? That way I'll just have to collect it when I am there.

Any clue on the processing time for PRTD at New Delhi office?

VB85

Jun 23, 2016
Hi
I got my COPR a week back. Can any senior guide me that i will land in September and fly back in 15 days. Will bring pics with me in CIC specs for applying PR card on POE and will give them address of my friend to mail it. I will come back to India and will have my friend courier my PR card to India. Now i know it is not recommended but i cant stay there because of my job. Has anyone done it themselves? i have read a lot of people saying it can be done, but i want to know if someone has actually done it? Will there be any problems at Indian Customs? Has anyone lost their card in Mail/courier? Also if i come back and have to travel again and apply for PRTD, can anyone tell me their experience with it? What is its validity? Can it be applied after one year of landing back in India? Please help as i dont want to lose my job for another year but also want to shift there and settle there with family.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Your plan is perfectly safe... PR card should be send by courier..no issues with that...untill & unless God Forbid plane carrying your documents get crashed !

VB85 said:
Hi
I got my COPR a week back. Can any senior guide me that i will land in September and fly back in 15 days. Will bring pics with me in CIC specs for applying PR card on POE and will give them address of my friend to mail it. I will come back to India and will have my friend courier my PR card to India. Now i know it is not recommended but i cant stay there because of my job. Has anyone done it themselves? i have read a lot of people saying it can be done, but i want to know if someone has actually done it? Will there be any problems at Indian Customs? Has anyone lost their card in Mail/courier? Also if i come back and have to travel again and apply for PRTD, can anyone tell me their experience with it? What is its validity? Can it be applied after one year of landing back in India? Please help as i dont want to lose my job for another year but also want to shift there and settle there with family.

VB85

Jun 23, 2016
canada11 said:
Your plan is perfectly safe... PR card should be send by courier..no issues with that...untill & unless God Forbid plane carrying your documents get crashed !
Thanks a lot, it gives me confidence, just wanted to be assured from someone who has actually done it.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
This is what I exactly did

VB85 said:
Thanks a lot, it gives me confidence, just wanted to be assured from someone who has actually done it.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
canada11 said:
Lol :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VB85 said:
Hi
Make sure you apply for your SIN right after you land because if you for some reason don't get the PR card and you come back a year later on a PR TD and don't have a SIN, you can not get one with a COPR that is more than 1 year old. Without a SIN, you can't work.

A travel document can be applied for after one year of landing. The RO (residency obligation) for a new PR is that you are able to spend at least 730 days in Canada within your first 5 years as a PR and that means you are allowed to spend up to 3 years outside Canada so obviously you still meet it after spending one year outside.

Travel documents from what I've heard are usually valid for 6 months.

VB85

Jun 23, 2016
Leon said:
Make sure you apply for your SIN right after you land because if you for some reason don't get the PR card and you come back a year later on a PR TD and don't have a SIN, you can not get one with a COPR that is more than 1 year old. Without a SIN, you can't work.

A travel document can be applied for after one year of landing. The RO (residency obligation) for a new PR is that you are able to spend at least 730 days in Canada within your first 5 years as a PR and that means you are allowed to spend up to 3 years outside Canada so obviously you still meet it after spending one year outside.

Travel documents from what I've heard are usually valid for 6 months.
Thanks a lot for this great info. Will definitely apply SIN in those 15 days that i am going to spend there. Though i heard it can be applied at the landing also as its just print out stamped by officer. Is it?

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Yes...but if you land during regular working hours on a weekday otherwise that counter is closed.

VB85 said:
Thanks a lot for this great info. Will definitely apply SIN in those 15 days that i am going to spend there. Though i heard it can be applied at the landing also as its just print out stamped by officer. Is it?

VB85

Jun 23, 2016
canada11 said:
Yes...but if you land during regular working hours on a weekday otherwise that counter is closed.
Thanks a lot! That really is something i never would've given a thought.

rob_1

Dec 27, 2015
Dear Seniors,

I'm in need of your valuable advice.

I'm will be scheduling a 2 week stay to complete the PR card and check-in formalities and I'm planning to book a round trip ticket.

Is it advisable to do so?
Do they check these details while you land and undergo the immigration formalities? Will this be an issue concerning the short stay?

(or)

Should I book a one way ticket and then do the return ticket once I have checked-in into the country?

Thankful for your advice.

Best Regards,
Rob.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
You can book return ticket.. They don't ask about your return journey.Although they ask for your address where you would be staying permanently. Simply give the written address . Its necessary because it's where they will send you PR card.

rob_1 said:
Dear Seniors,

I'm in need of your valuable advice.

I'm will be scheduling a 2 week stay to complete the PR card and check-in formalities and I'm planning to book a round trip ticket.

Is it advisable to do so?
Do they check these details while you land and undergo the immigration formalities? Will this be an issue concerning the short stay?

(or)

Should I book a one way ticket and then do the return ticket once I have checked-in into the country?

Thankful for your advice.

Best Regards,
Rob.

rob_1

Dec 27, 2015
canada11 said:
You can book return ticket.. They don't ask about your return journey.Although they ask for your address where you would be staying permanently. Simply give the written address . Its necessary because it's where they will send you PR card.
Thank you for your reply Canada11.

I'd like to ask 1 more point regarding POF.

Is a FD statement from the bank enough as POF? I've read this topic many times but It isn't still clear to me.

Thanks for your support and replies.

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Dear seniors,

I already got a letter from the Roads and Transport authority , that verfies my driving license details such as expiry , first licensed date, type of driving license etc etc .. and it is on their official letterhead as well ... I will get it translated in to english , once I am in ontario ... Now my question is that , do I need to attest this document from any place in the country of my residence ? ?

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
I assume you mean RTA - Dubai

I had my licence from Abu Dhabi... I Simply presented the copy of it along with original & worked..They returned original ... My wife had Duabi Licence s--ame process for her. No need for RTA letter.

maplezone said:
Dear seniors,

I already got a letter from the Roads and Transport authority , that verfies my driving license details such as expiry , first licensed date, type of driving license etc etc .. and it is on their official letterhead as well ... I will get it translated in to english , once I am in ontario ... Now my question is that , do I need to attest this document from any place in the country of my residence ? ?