+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
rubiya said:
Hello sir

If I land first time with my family for one mouth and come back
how I can get PR card , it is possible to get through friend by courier ?
Yes, but not advocated.

lika

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
02-03-2011
Med's Request
26-04-2011
Med's Done....
07-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-04-2011 (PCC and PP submitted June 2nd)
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 12, 2011
LANDED..........
April 2012
qorax said:
Hi,

1. Those documentary requirements r for the PA, when s/he 'lands' [enters Canada for the first time]. Subsequent entries by the family members do not have to demonstrate anything. They'd require a stamped copy of the GTF though, if they r bringing-in anything of high worth. It's the GTF which u already declared upon ur 1st entry, u should email a copy of it to ur dependents.

2. Ditto as above.

3. They do not require to demonstrate anything, not the POF too... it also won't be asked.

Good luck!
Qorax
Thank you so much qorax

rhozie

Sep 19, 2011
Hi qorax

good day:) its been bothering me for one week already. we received our visa last week. but when I compare the details of my Passport to Confirmation of Permanent Residency I found out that my place of birth in my Passport is wrong in spelling. instead of "I" it is replace by "E".what should I do? Is the officer in the port of entry can question us regarding this?thank you so much hope you can enlighten me regarding this thank you so much

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
rhozie said:
Hi qorax

good day:) its been bothering me for one week already. we received our visa last week. but when I compare the details of my Passport to Confirmation of Permanent Residency I found out that my place of birth in my Passport is wrong in spelling. instead of "I" it is replace by "E".what should I do? Is the officer in the port of entry can question us regarding this?thank you so much hope you can enlighten me regarding this thank you so much
Relax & go for ur landing... that's a non-issue.

drclshah

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Newdelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/08/2011
AOR Received.
28/11/2011
IELTS Request
sent along with application
Med's Request
01/02/2012
Med's Done....
09/02/2012 SENT ON 13/02/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/02/2012 SENT ON 13/02/2012, DM ON 09/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
May be 09/03/2012 PP received on 14/03/2012
LANDED..........
APRIL 2012
I am going to Canada on 6th April.I want to carry all POF CASH only...Is it advisable??????

deex

Star Member
Aug 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
with appli
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
with appli
File Transfer...
May 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 2012
Dear qorax

My point of entry is Toronto but my ticket is DEL-LONDON-TORONTO-EDMN. The luggage would be automatically transferred to the next connecting flight.

Do I have to check out all the luggage in Toronto for completing my landing formalities at Toronto and then recheck in. Its a lot of work. And rules of baggage allowance for Air Canada change if rechecking in.

Please suggest...
Thanks

achieco

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-2009
Nomination.....
25-02-2011
AOR Received.
16-11-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
05-02-2012
Med's Done....
09-02-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2012
LANDED..........
30-10-2012
Hello everyone!

I am new in this forum and I have a query to ask.
Are immigrants with no PRC yet can get pregnant?
I am currently waiting for my PR , but
I might be pregnant upon landing in canada,
will it affect my PRC application or even my entry to canada?

im really confused..need your advices..

Thanks,

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
deex said:
Dear qorax

My point of entry is Toronto but my ticket is DEL-LONDON-TORONTO-EDMN. The luggage would be automatically transferred to the next connecting flight.

Do I have to check out all the luggage in Toronto for completing my landing formalities at Toronto and then recheck in. Its a lot of work. And rules of baggage allowance for Air Canada change if rechecking in.

Please suggest...
Thanks
-If it's the same a/line - the baggage gets thru to the next flight automatically.
-If there's a carrier change - there could be a reCheck-in.
-With an Intl A/line to Air Canada it'd be an Intl to Domestic transfer - thus u'd have to perform the task again.

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
achieco said:
I am currently waiting for my PR , but
I might be pregnant upon landing in canada,
will it affect my PRC application or even my entry to canada?
There is no problem for your PR card being pregnant when you land.

However, there are other problems that can come up. If you want to settle in the very popular Toronto or Vancouver, both of those provinces, Ontario and BC have a 3 month waiting time to get into the health care system. That means if you have medical expenses because of your pregnancy or your baby is born before the 3 months, you have to pay the bill yourself. If you choose to settle in another province such as Alberta, SK or MB, you would have your health care right away and no worries. If your baby is born in Canada, it is automatically a Canadian citizen.

If your plan however is to land as a PR, then go back to homeland to take care of stuff before moving to Canada for good and your baby is born in your homeland, then you will have to sponsor your baby for PR and you must be in Canada to do that. If your baby would have a citizenship where it is visa exempt to Canada, you would just take it with you to Canada when you are ready and then sponsor. If your baby is not visa exempt to Canada, you could try applying for a TRV or TRP to take it with you.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Leon said:

However, there are other problems that can come up. If you want to settle in the very popular Toronto or Vancouver, both of those provinces, Ontario and BC have a 3 month waiting time to get into the health care system. That means if you have medical expenses because of your pregnancy or your baby is born before the 3 months, you have to pay the bill yourself. If you choose to settle in another province such as Alberta, SK or MB, you would have your health care right away and no worries. If your baby is born in Canada, it s/he is automatically a Canadian citizen.

If your plan however is to land as a PR, then go back to homeland to take care of stuff before moving to Canada for good and your baby is born in your homeland, then you will have to sponsor your baby for PR and you must be in Canada to do that. If your baby would have a citizenship where it is visa exempt to Canada, you would just take it him/her with you to Canada when you are ready and then sponsor. If your baby is not visa exempt to Canada, you could try applying for a TRV or TRP to take it him/her with you.
Very well explained/advised Leon. +1.

achieco

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-2009
Nomination.....
25-02-2011
AOR Received.
16-11-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
05-02-2012
Med's Done....
09-02-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2012
LANDED..........
30-10-2012
Leon said:

However, there are other problems that can come up. If you want to settle in the very popular Toronto or Vancouver, both of those provinces, Ontario and BC have a 3 month waiting time to get into the health care system. That means if you have medical expenses because of your pregnancy or your baby is born before the 3 months, you have to pay the bill yourself. If you choose to settle in another province such as Alberta, SK or MB, you would have your health care right away and no worries. If your baby is born in Canada, it is automatically a Canadian citizen.

If your plan however is to land as a PR, then go back to homeland to take care of stuff before moving to Canada for good and your baby is born in your homeland, then you will have to sponsor your baby for PR and you must be in Canada to do that. If your baby would have a citizenship where it is visa exempt to Canada, you would just take it with you to Canada when you are ready and then sponsor. If your baby is not visa exempt to Canada, you could try applying for a TRV or TRP to take it with you.
Thank you very much for the advise Leon :) btw, I will settle in MB and defintely want my baby to be born as canadian citizen to avoid future probs in sponsoring.

luvcanada0000

Mar 18, 2012
Hi,
I am new immigrant and will be comming soon to Canada, i have the below questions & i need advice:

1) We are a family of three (husband, wife & child), would CAD 2500 be enough to survive, the most important for me is to stay in a good neibourhood with near metro exit in Toronto.
2) If my salary is between CAD 1800 - 2000 is there any Tax i have to pay or no Tax for low income such as this.
3) I am ready to take any survival job, but how long i have to live on my savings till i find one, would it take more than 6 month to find survival job. & how to look for survival jobs please advice.
4) After coming to Canada & finding job, how much my annual income should be so that i can sponsor my parents for parents super visa (10 years).

Thanks & regards,