+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Hi friends,Will gold biscuits be accepted as proof of funds? I have gold biscuits of 50 grams each.

lika

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
02-03-2011
Med's Request
26-04-2011
Med's Done....
07-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-04-2011 (PCC and PP submitted June 2nd)
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 12, 2011
LANDED..........
April 2012
1. I have Jewellery worth Rs. 8 lacs that is approximately 16,000 CAD. Is this high worth? Should I take photos and add in my Goods accompanying list? Or can I just carry it in my hand bag.

2..Please tell me what amount is really high worth approximately.

3. My son will land and be there only for 2 weeks. He has a return ticket also. Staying for 2 weeks is he eligible to apply and get the PR card. I will be staying on and his card can be delivered to my address even if he leaves. Anything specific needs to be done for such short stay? Please Advise.

4. Same for my daughter who will drive from USA and do the landing and be there for 2 weeks. Anything we need to keep in mind like what sort of questions will be asked at the border and what to disclose and what not to disclose?

Both my children will eventually join us after about 12 to 14 months say in 2013.

Please seniors guide me on this. Thank you.

jazmatt

Dec 21, 2009
hello po, medyo confused po ako. my husband will be landing first in Canada this march, he has a certification from his employer of 3 years in canada with him. does he still need to have POF? will i be required to show POF later when i join him there? is it really required? one of his co-worker kasi said they weren't required nong magland sila, only the employment certificate. so medyo confused ako if its really required. sa mga expert po, pls help.thanks!

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
jazmatt said:
hello po, medyo confused po ako. my husband will be landing first in Canada this march, he has a certification from his employer of 3 years in canada with him. does he still need to have POF? will i be required to show POF later when i join him there? is it really required? one of his co-worker kasi said they weren't required nong magland sila, only the employment certificate. so medyo confused ako if its really required. sa mga expert po, pls help.thanks!
No POF is not required if he had a employer certificate or you can join him

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Hi friends,I am expected to show 20,000 CAD as POF.If I take 5000 CAD cash and for the rest if I get a cheque from my sister who is in Canada(lets say she gives me a cheque of her bank account in Canada) for 15,000 CAD will that be fine with the Immigration Officer?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mats said:
Hi friends,I am expected to show 20,000 CAD as POF.If I take 5000 CAD cash and for the rest if I get a cheque from my sister who is in Canada(lets say she gives me a cheque of her bank account in Canada) for 15,000 CAD will that be fine with the Immigration Officer?
No. But if it's a draft - YES.

jlrp

Mar 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-10-2011
Med's Request
28-12-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2012
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
nice guidelines. :)

michaelantiola

Aug 26, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 05,2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 07,2010
AOR Received.
Dec 10,2010
Med's Request
Dec 13, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 4, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 29, 2012
LANDED..........
God willing on Oct 15
jazmatt said:

Hi. You better write your questions in English. anyway, if your husband has an arranged employment offer no need for proof of funds but if your husband applied for an immigrant visa under the skilled worker program then there's a need to show proof of funds. yes its required. if he has AEO, then show proof of Labor market opinion (from HRSDC). The principal applicant has to make the formal landing first before the dependents. so you as the dependent is not required to show POF since you are not the principal applicant. :) :)

1982nplindra

Aug 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi-India
NOC Code......
Ainp Family Stream
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2009
Doc's Request.
05-11-2010
Nomination.....
05-08-2011
AOR Received.
12-12-2011
IELTS Request
6.5 Already submitted
Med's Request
12-12-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2012
LANDED..........
Sooner.
Dear Qarax
On the point:5. PR Card Application (IMM 5444E). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease
In the form of application for permanent resident card
1)On which date you became permanent resident -what we have to fill there visa issued date or landing date.
2)on the address list it is written your address history for the past five years it means we have to mention address from home country as well.
As you told that filled pre printed for ease - we will not able to know the day of becoming permanent resident earlier so i am little bit confused.
Hope you have understood what i want to know .
yours faithfully
indra
nepal

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
1982nplindra said:
Dear Qarax
On the point:5. PR Card Application (IMM 5444E). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease
In the form of application for permanent resident card
1)On which date you became permanent resident -what we have to fill there visa issued date or landing date.
2)on the address list it is written your address history for the past five years it means we have to mention address from home country as well.
As you told that filled pre printed for ease - we will not able to know the day of becoming permanent resident earlier so i am little bit confused.
Hope you have understood what i want to know .
yours faithfully
indra
nepal
Hi,

I've repeated this many times over... u don't require to fill the IMM5444E anymore... it'd be filed 'automatically', online, by the BSO while 'recording ur landing' at the a/port.

Qorax

cofeemug

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi qorax
I've taken color photographs of all jewelries in a a4 size photo paper. Is it ok? Or can I take b/w photos in a a4 size offset paper?

waseem855

Mar 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, qorax

Thank you so much for your awsome posts. Your are helping new immigrants in their settlement process. I have lot of questions to ask you. I will read your all posts.

May God bless you and your family.

Regards,

Waseem

arjignesh

Jan 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
27-03-2012
Hello all,

At the time of landing one issue happened with me. When I finished my immigration and coming out with my luggage, last security officer asked me whether I have goods to follow or not. I said I don't have but I have some jewelery back home, for which I have B4A form with list and 2 sets of Photo. The officer asked me whether it is stamped by jeweler or not. I said no. So he told me you must do it and then come to air port again for stamping it. So I got out from last exit.

Suddenly I got confused so I went to custom office again which is accessible from out side. Now I asked another custom officer for this issue. Surprisingly that officer did not asked me any stamped photo. He gave me another B4A form and told me to fill it up and come back to him. I seat in arrival waiting area and made another list with numbering the photos. I returned to him. He just stamped my photo's,B4A form and gave me one copy from it for my reference. They did not checked any accompanying goods list or B4 form and not stamped it either. I don't know whether it is right or wrong but was my experience.

So the moral of the story is, if your are bringing any jewelry list with you, try to get stamped photo's from any jeweler. It is not sure that IO will check those stamps but it is for your ease.

Regards,