+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I am planning to land in December. Regarding the proof of funds, is the amount of CAD 10,000 applicable to the whole family or just for the principle applicant? Can my wife carry CAD 10,000 in her name too?
It's not the proof of fund you need to declare. Proof of fund can be in the form of bank statements. It's the actual fund the traveler or group of travelers are bringing at landing (if equal or greater than $10,000).

SimpleMac

Nov 22, 2016
Hi All,
For the insurance needed for first 3 months of Landing, approximately how much money would be needed if we get the done in Canada? I would be landing in oct and quick help would be much appreciated. Thanks !

drrishi

Oct 1, 2017
Hi All,
For the insurance needed for first 3 months of Landing, approximately how much money would be needed if we get the done in Canada? I would be landing in oct and quick help would be much appreciated. Thanks !
a friend of mine inCanada said 500 CAD

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
It's not the proof of fund you need to declare. Proof of fund can be in the form of bank statements. It's the actual fund the traveler or group of travelers are bringing at landing (if equal or greater than $10,000).
I apologize I was not clear. I actually meant the amount you carry with you when you land. Is the 10,000 CAD per person or for the entire family? For a family of 3 I had to show a POF of 18,500 CAD. Do I have to show this amount when I land? Or can I just do a bank transfer later?

drrishi

Oct 1, 2017
I apologize I was not clear. I actually meant the amount you carry with you when you land. Is the 10,000 CAD per person or for the entire family? For a family of 3 I had to show a POF of 18,500 CAD. Do I have to show this amount when I land? Or can I just do a bank transfer later?
dear pranab, u need to carry
1. some CAD for ur initial expenses as taxi fare, some food bill cash, rental cash, etc. plus
2. u just need to show documents which u submitted at the time u were making ur profile @ cic.gc for POF. my friend carried an international credit card and showed it of his Indian bank.
3. for currency exchanges u should keep an eye on forex too.

Reactions: pranab24

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are bringing this much in form of cash or other monetary instruments, then you must show and declare. Failing to do so, might be subject to seizure and fines.

Reactions: pranab24

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
dear pranab, u need to carry
1. some CAD for ur initial expenses as taxi fare, some food bill cash, rental cash, etc. plus
2. u just need to show documents which u submitted at the time u were making ur profile @ cic.gc for POF. my friend carried an international credit card and showed it of his Indian bank.
3. for currency exchanges u should keep an eye on forex too.
Thank you. I am probably carry 1000 CAD in cash with another 5000 CAD in a forex card. Rest I will carry bank statements to prove sufficient funds. I hope just showing monthly bank statements will suffice.

drrishi

Oct 1, 2017
Jobs:
1. How to approach jobs in Canada since i have to pass licensing exams my degrees not being fully recognized?
2. Does winter season make it tough to get odd jobs around?
3. contacting agents is better or searching for wanted posters better for jobs?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jobs:
1. How to approach jobs in Canada since i have to pass licensing exams my degrees not being fully recognized?
2. Does winter season make it tough to get odd jobs around?
3. contacting agents is better or searching for wanted posters better for jobs?
2) Depends what your definition is: For example, your next door neighbor hires you for snow removal.

Realme

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
nigeria
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
IP1-29-06-2017

Hello friends,
I am a registered nurse and midwife from Nigeria (3 years diploma in nursing and 18 months midwifery program).
Received visas and COPR two months ago and am planning to start my NNAS application soon.
My family and i are planning to migrate to Canada early next year and live in Alberta.my questions-

I plan to apply for LPN and RN in Alberta,is this ok and what are my chances as a nurse/midwife with 5 years of experience that lasted up to July last year?
Will NNAS process my application without IELTS?if yes at what stage will CARNA request for IELTS?
To be honest with you all i can say is that we will be landing in Alberta, i am really confused as to what province to choose for my application,please can you advice as to any province that processes application fast and does not give much trouble?

Your advise and experiences will be appreciated.
Thanks.

rekhabishop

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Hello,

About PROOF OF FUNDS, I am going to carry along bank statements from ICICI bank(India). Should that be okay as a POF at landing?
What amount of Cash, if necessary, should be carried along?

If bank statements aren't good, what could be an alternative? I want to avoid carrying cash.

Redbaron

Sep 2, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
10-03-2017
Passport Req..
06-09-2017
Hello,

About PROOF OF FUNDS, I am going to carry along bank statements from ICICI bank(India). Should that be okay as a POF at landing?
What amount of Cash, if necessary, should be carried along?

If bank statements aren't good, what could be an alternative? I want to avoid carrying cash.
I landed a few days ago in Toronto and I had carried my bank statements (alongwith mutual fund statements) as POF. But nobody asked me about POF. It was quite smooth actually.
I carried 1000 CAD for any incidental expenses and 3000CAD in a travel forex card for convenience. your requirements will vary depending on where you intend to live, rent and expenses you are planning to incur.

Reactions: drrishi

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
I also landed at Toronto last week and no questions about money whatsoever were asked to me. I worried about this too much prior to landing and was carrying a lot of bank statements and cash. Many of my friends had similar experience as me and I am yet to know about someone who was denied entry for proof of funds at landing. So I suggest people here not to worry about POF that much. One of my friends landed with 100 CAD and made it. So in spite of what is being told on this forum, please take a chill pill and land without worrying much. The border agents are more concerned that we are taking more than 10,000 CAD than that we are not taking enough money with us.

numberone

Jul 26, 2017
Hi all,
I (primary applicant) and my wife were planning to do short landing this month through the Ambassador Bridge. But my wife is having some pregnancy complications so she won't be able to come with me. Can she land later? What are the possible scenarios in this case?
(We are expecting our baby by the end of January and our visa expires in February. Not enough time to get ready for landing after the birth of our child)
Thank you