16-05-2017
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
IP1-29-06-2017
Hello friends,
I am a registered nurse and midwife from Nigeria (3 years diploma in nursing and 18 months midwifery program).
Received visas and COPR two months ago and am planning to start my NNAS application soon.
My family and i are planning to migrate to Canada early next year and live in Alberta.my questions-

I plan to apply for LPN and RN in Alberta,is this ok and what are my chances as a nurse/midwife with 5 years of experience that lasted up to July last year?
Will NNAS process my application without IELTS?if yes at what stage will CARNA request for IELTS?
To be honest with you all i can say is that we are landing in Alberta, i am really confused as to what province to choose for my application,please can you advice as to any province that processes application fast and does not give much trouble?

Your advise and experiences will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Anointed

Apr 1, 2015
Dear friends,

Please i'd like to participate in the Canada pre-arrival seminar for new comers that normally hold's in Lagos, but do not have the details of the organizers. I will appreciate if earlier participants could kindly provide their contact details for me to register.

I wish everyone a great week ahead.

Kind regards.

Anointed

Apr 1, 2015
Dear friends,

Please i'd like to participate in the Canada pre-arrival seminar for new comers that normally hold's in Lagos, but do not have the details of the organizers. I will appreciate if earlier participants could kindly provide their contact details for me to register.

Kind regards.

pace

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
File Transfer...
23-02-2015
Med's Request
24-08-2015
Med's Done....
31-08-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
please check https://2register.planningforcanada.ca/register/

thanks

Dear friends,

Kind regards.

Tosode

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Root
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03 Jan 16
Nomination.....
19 July 16
AOR Received.
17 Nov 16
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
upfront 15 Aug 17
Med's Done....
passed + ADR 21 Aug 17
Dear friends,

Kind regards.

IOM center for immigration .
http://planningforcanada.ca/

The Federal government of Canada through Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has funded a project implemented via the United Nations agency for Migration, IOM, called The Canadian Orientation Abroad (COA) project. This FREE pre-arrival orientation initiative is founded on the idea that an individual migrating to a new country has a better chance of successfully adapting to their new life when accurate information about the new culture and society is received before arrival.

We offer:

* Full-day group orientation session on preparing for life in Canada where we:

ü Help participants develop realistic expectations regarding their settlement in Canada and increase awareness and skills necessary to successfully adapt to their new lives.

* Personalized one-on-one planning session on career and settlement goals

We strongly encourage that you attend the session. Snacks and lunch are provided for free!

To register please visit: http://www.planningforcanada.ca/

For more information please call : 09029390545 or send us an email at coanigeria@iom.int

abyurla

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Hello good people

Does anyone know if WES now evaluates Credential: Certificate of Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants as Bachelor’s degree (four years)?

Please share if you have information on their current evaluation for ICAN ACA

thanks

This is the summary of the WES Report. With the remark below, can he go ahead and accept the ITA?

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor’s degree (four years)
CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: 2008
Awarded by: University of Abuja
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Accounting
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor’s degree (four years)
2. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Certificate of Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
Year: 2011
Awarded by: Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Accounting
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of professional study in accounting
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian
education credential.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hello good people

Does anyone know if WES now evaluates Credential: Certificate of Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants as Bachelor’s degree (four years)?

Please share if you have information on their current evaluation for ICAN ACA

thanks
No, WES does not evaluate ICAN.

abyurla

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
No, WES does not evaluate ICAN.
Thanks. they evaluate it but say it is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential.
They evaluated it for me in 2015 as equivalent of 2 years professional study.
Someone told me it had changed in 2017 and that he was sure he had seen someone post that they assessed it as BSc

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Thanks. they evaluate it but say it is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential.
They evaluated it for me in 2015 as equivalent of 2 years professional study.
Someone told me it had changed in 2017 and that he was sure he had seen someone post that they assessed it as BSc
In that case, give it a try. You can contact them directly to ask their position on it, https://www.wes.org/ca/contact-us/

Reactions: Diila

abyurla

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Yes of course, i had already contacted them, still awaiting their response but since one of my friends told me he had seen someone post that it was evaluated as Bsc, i decided to do some search on the internet.

It turns out they do, however it seems that the year of qualification may have to be 2014 and later. i qualified in 2000
I tried to insert the person's evaluation result. hopefully it shows else click on the link i inserted. But yes it was evaluated as BSc 3 years
http://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/69#59974219

In that case, give it a try. You can contact them directly to ask their position on it, https://www.wes.org/ca/contact-us/

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Yes of course, i had already contacted them, still awaiting their response but since one of my friends told me he had seen someone post that it was evaluated as Bsc, i decided to do some search on the internet.

It turns out they do, however it seems that the year of qualification may have to be 2014 and later. i qualified in 2000
I tried to insert the person's evaluation result. hopefully it shows else click on the link i inserted. But yes it was evaluated as BSc 3 years
http://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/69#59974219
I also saw that post on nairaland and checking to see what year is applicable to receive positive evaluation for ICAN charter. Hope you quoted the year you received ICAN charter in your enquiry to WES.

dremmzyb

Oct 9, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Greetings House. I've got 2 questions.

I received PPR 2 days ago but i'm confused on where to send my passports cos it wasn't stated in the PPR mail.
Do all Nigerian residents submit passport to High Commission Canada, 42 Independence Avenue, Accra, Ghana ?

Secondly, as a single unmarried applicant, do i leave the family members section blank on form IMM008 (PR Application Form) or include names of Parents/Brothers/ Sisters. An Additional Family History form was also requested for, along side the form IMM008 in the PPR mail.

I look forward to your reply.

Anointed

Apr 1, 2015
Hello dremmzyb,

You are expected to send your passport to Accra Ghana if you applied from Nigeria. If you check the email from which you received the mail, it should be AccraImmigration.

Regarding the form imm008 you should leave spaces relating to spouse and children blank since you are single.

Reactions: dremmzyb

dremmzyb

Oct 9, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Hello dremmzyb,

You are expected to send your passport to Accra Ghana if you applied from Nigeria. If you check the email from which you received the mail, it should be AccraImmigration.

Regarding the form imm008 you should leave spaces relating to spouse and children blank since you are single.
Gracias Muchos