+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
I have another question, does anybody know how long after landing you get your PR card? the website says the processing time for first PR cards is about 60 days. Is that generally how long it takes? or do people usually get it earlier?

Thanks,
Around the same time. It could be longer if there is any issue with the PR application , like photo not matching specification. I personally had that experience with one of my friend.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Hello everyone,
I have a question on behalf of my husband. He recieved his COPR and passport back, and is planning on doing a landing sometime next month (scheduling an inland). He also has a TRV to Canada and we're just wondering if he leaves Canada for vacation to the US (he has US visa) before he lands, will he be able to enter back on the TRV or will they land him upon his return?

Thanks,
He can do flag polling if already in Canada and has change in the residency status ( like tourist to PR). Google / Youtube can help on flag polling.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Hi Friends !!

I am planning to have a short landing next month. Had few questions concerning the same.

1.what all questions would be asked by the IO at POE ?
2.will there be any questions whether we have come for short or permenant landing?
3.concerning the POF, is it ok to carry latest Bank Statement as a proof ?

Thanks !!
You do not have to tell them about short landing. Cons are that your PR Card may not get processed.

LifeRacer

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
You do not have to tell them about short landing. Cons are that your PR Card may not get processed.
Thanks for your update...

But do they really ask if we hv come for short or permenant landing ?
If they ask then what shud we respond ?
As of POF, can we carry latest Bank Statement ?

Reactions: Wolverine17

LifeRacer

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017

Appreciate to have a response on this !!

Any Experts here who had recently landed? Could you please share ur landing experience...thanks

mdk2017

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Sudbury, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
AOR Received.
July 11th 2017

even i want to know if bank statement enough to prove proof of funds??? is it even asked by the immigration officials??

PeachesAndMaples

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
ITA 1.4.2017
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
In God's Perfect Time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time
LANDED..........
In God's Perfect Time
I will have a layover at Vancouver for 2 and half hour. But destination is Calgary. Where will landing procedures happen, Vancouver or Calgary? If in Vancouver, will the 2 and half hour be enough? Any WhatsApp group for landing?

PeachesAndMaples

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
ITA 1.4.2017
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
In God's Perfect Time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time
LANDED..........
In God's Perfect Time
If I used portion of my pof for buying airline ticket and rent cash advance and deposit, will this be accepted? Or I need to present the whole amount of 12k cad as pof upon landing?

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
If I used portion of my pof for buying airline ticket and rent cash advance and deposit, will this be accepted? Or I need to present the whole amount of 12k cad as pof upon landing?
You can show statements plus cash as far as the cash is less than 10k,other wise you will have to declare to the customs

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
Hi Seniors and Expert Guys!

1)i am planning to do soft landing in December last week. Would there be too much long queues for PR status activation and PR app submisison.......being the end of year and christmas holidays.

2) i have to give address of a friend for mailing of PR. i have a very tough time window and want to come back as soon as possible due to my job commitments. So, prefereably, i would go a return ticket...with return on a day of possible next day. Is that feasible...?? do they CBAS also check tickets as well..........??

3) is there any area in air port where i can spent about 24 HRs.....to wait for my return flight......or there will be a problem and the familiar faces of CBAS staff can cause problem in activation of my PR status that i am returning too soon....or etc...?

Would highly appreciate your expert recommendations..
Thank You in advance.