+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes,she will need her pr card when going back
She will need her PR card or PR travel document (can be applied at the Canadian visa post) when going back to Canada. Once she landed, she can return to home country on the next flight if she desires.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
She will need her PR card or PR travel document (can be applied at the Canadian visa post) when going back to Canada. Once she landed, she can return to home country on the next flight if she desires.
She will not her pr card when leaving,he can recieve her pr card and mail it later to her

FReza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Anybody having experience with Scotiabank Start Right program? I came to know we can open an account from UAE itself before landing.
Or any recommendations of other bank?

1IslandGirl

Jun 8, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I have a quick question. I notice most people elect to conduct the "landing" procedure at a border as opposed to visiting their local IRCC office. Why choose to go to the border instead of IRCC office? Is it quicker? Less hassle?

Thanks in advance.

Newbie1990

Jul 13, 2017
At the Immigration Counter:
The IO here will scrutinize our Passport/s & COPRs. He would [sometimes may not] ask to see our POF. Most of the times the officer will not count the 'actual' money & accept what we say. But, no false pretensions there. S/he will then fill some portions of the COPR & ask us to sign it, wherein it'll be attached on our passport. We'll be asked to fill-in the 'PR Card Application Form' & give an address where our PR cards will be forwarded within 3-6 weeks. Thereby, s/he would 'Welcome us to Canada' and direct us to another office.

MONEY: PROOF OF LANDING FUNDS:
What Proofs Are Acceptable?
If you are carrying more than C$10,000, tell a Canadian official when you arrive in Canada. If you do not tell an official, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:
• Cash
• Securities in bearer form (for eg, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) or
• Negotiable instruments in bearer form (for eg, B/drafts, Cheques, TCs or MOs).
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

How Much Funds Can I Carry?
There is no Max limit... we can take Millions, if we can prove its legitimate source & declare anything at/or more than $10,000 [that's the CBSA regulation]. There is a Minimum limit though... we must carry at least or more than what CIC requirement states, vis-a-vis for the no. of pax in the family [accompanying].
Concerning the last sentence I quoted, in my case, I am required to prove that I have a minimum of 12,300 Canadian Dollars. Do I have to have them in cash? Can I have 2,000 Canadian Dollars in cash (because I will be landing for one week only) and provide them with a bank statement that shows the required amount?

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
As a FSW on a direct flight (only one plane) to Toronto, we will make a stop in Montreal (possibily even without leaving the plane to let some people get off the plane). Can somebody confirm that it wont cause a problem even if they do make us leave the plane and go through customs. I have read that if I can prove my onward travel to Ontario (and I can since we purchased direct flight to Toronto), landing will be completed in Montreal without any problem? Thanks. @wilson are the rules still the same?

Last edited:

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Can you please explain
Im trying to find the most direct flight to Ottawa, thats all :) All sorts of combinations here. When you land there is going to be a 45min-2h landing procedure. It is done wherever you land first so if you have connected flight to your destination, it may cause you to miss it.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
As a FSW on a direct flight (only one plane) to Toronto, we will make a stop in Montreal (possibily even without leaving the plane to let some people get off the plane). Can somebody confirm that it wont cause a problem even if they do make us leave the plane and go through customs. I have read that if I can prove my onward travel to Ontario (and I can since we purchased direct flight to Toronto), landing will be completed in Montreal without any problem? Thanks.
Yes its ok as long as you have a ticket showing that you are heading to toronto but from my understanding you will do your landing in toronto and not montreal

Reactions: astralsource

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Concerning the last sentence I quoted, in my case, I am required to prove that I have a minimum of 12,300 Canadian Dollars. Do I have to have them in cash? Can I have 2,000 Canadian Dollars in cash (because I will be landing for one week only) and provide them with a bank statement that shows the required amount?
Its ok no problem

Reactions: Newbie1990

guddu86

Aug 10, 2017
Hi guys ..I recently got PPR and planning to leave for Toronto in Nov 2017 from New Delhi.I would really appreciate if someone who has already landed can answer my following doubts.
1:- My first few days is my main concern as I don't know anyone in Canada.There is a guy who was my batchmate during college but really feel awkward to ask him to host me for few days as I have never spoken to him for a decade and he also has family that makes it more hard to ask compared to bachelor people. Which means I don't have any Canadian address. Therefore is it mandatory to have a Canadian address when we land at the airport?. Because I am thinking of staying in a temporary housing for few days and then find my own place
2- What is the safest way to show POF at POE. Because some people say the some cash along with a bank letter form home country will suffice while others says it is risky as the fund is not readily available if the money is at home country. I am thinking of some 3000 cash+travellers cheque of 9500 CAD ( I have to show 12500). I guess i would have to declare this at custom at Canada as it is higher than 10000.But is there any limit on money taking out from India?
3- How to go about looking for accommodation in Toronto( please share if already there is a thread) without any job letter or reference
4- DO we have to fill up PR application at the POE or we have the option to do it few days later?
5- DO we require a upfront health insurance while leaving for Canada?
6- Does list of accompany item is necessary? do we make it our self or there is a template is it is plz share

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Yes its ok as long as you have a ticket showing that you are heading to toronto but from my understanding you will do your landing in toronto and not montreal
Landing formalities can be completed in Montreal if he disembarks the plane for a transit period.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hi guys ..I recently got PPR and planning to leave for Toronto in Nov 2017 from New Delhi.I would really appreciate if someone who has already landed can answer my following doubts.
1:- My first few days is my main concern as I don't know anyone in Canada.There is a guy who was my batchmate during college but really feel awkward to ask him to host me for few days as I have never spoken to him for a decade and he also has family that makes it more hard to ask compared to bachelor people. Which means I don't have any Canadian address. Therefore is it mandatory to have a Canadian address when we land at the airport?. Because I am thinking of staying in a temporary housing for few days and then find my own place No, you don't have to have an address ready. You can tell the immigration officials that you will update your address online once you secure your permanent address. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/changeaddress.asp You can upload your Canadian address within 180 days of arriving to get your permanent resident (PR) card delivered to you. You don’t need to do anything else to get your first PR card.
2- What is the safest way to show POF at POE. Because some people say the some cash along with a bank letter form home country will suffice while others says it is risky as the fund is not readily available if the money is at home country. I am thinking of some 3000 cash+travellers cheque of 9500 CAD ( I have to show 12500). I guess i would have to declare this at custom at Canada as it is higher than 10000.But is there any limit on money taking out from India? You can land with some cash which you should declare if it above $10,000.00, the rest of your POF you can show in your banks statement, printed/obtained a few days to your flight to show the funds in place. This is currently accepted
3- How to go about looking for accommodation in Toronto( please share if already there is a thread) without any job letter or reference A lot of my friends who newly landed found accommodation via kijiji.ca. Like myself, they landed and moved into a hotel then begin to find vacant accommodations via kijiji and other online rental sites. You call ahead and explain your situation as a newcomer with sufficient funds to pay your rent but no employment letter or Canadian credit history. You eliminate the places that request for requirements you don't have and make appointments to go and inspect the ones that waive these requirements. From the comfort of your hotel room, you target only the accommodations that don't mind your newcomer status.
4- DO we have to fill up PR application at the POE or we have the option to do it few days later? Once you land, you become a PR and your COPR document is stamped with your entry date and time while the one-entry visa in your passport is cancelled. When ready, your PR will be shipped to your address and if you land during regular working hours, you can obtain your SIN in the airport. If you land outside working hours, you can get it at at any Service Canada location the next working day.
5- DO we require a upfront health insurance while leaving for Canada? Not required but advisable for those who have certain health conditions. Since you will be settling in Toronto, Ontario, you will be eligible for public health coverage after 3 months. So you can obtain health insurance to cover this period, but some people like me and my family who enjoy relatively good health did not bother with any health insurance. It's up to you.
6- Does list of accompany item is necessary? do we make it our self or there is a template is it is plz share You can make a list of goods accompanying you as well as another list of goods coming later on in excel. List the items according to categories like clothing, electronics, educational materials, jewelry, etc, put a total for each category and a grand total for all. Give this list to the customs officers at landing and the details will be entered into their system and the form/a copy printed out for you.
Hi, see above.

3idiots

Mar 19, 2017
1:- My first few days is my main concern as I don't know anyone in Canada.There is a guy who was my batchmate during college but really feel awkward to ask him to host me for few days as I have never spoken to him for a decade and he also has family that makes it more hard to ask compared to bachelor people. Which means I don't have any Canadian address. Therefore is it mandatory to have a Canadian address when we land at the airport?. Because I am thinking of staying in a temporary housing for few days and then find my own place
2- What is the safest way to show POF at POE. Because some people say the some cash along with a bank letter form home country will suffice while others says it is risky as the fund is not readily available if the money is at home country. I am thinking of some 3000 cash+travellers cheque of 9500 CAD ( I have to show 12500). I guess i would have to declare this at custom at Canada as it is higher than 10000.But is there any limit on money taking out from India?
3- How to go about looking for accommodation in Toronto( please share if already there is a thread) without any job letter or reference
4- DO we have to fill up PR application at the POE or we have the option to do it few days later?
5- DO we require a upfront health insurance while leaving for Canada?
6- Does list of accompany item is necessary? do we make it our self or there is a template is it is plz share
#6 - http://mypage.intergate.ca/~rajanr/Van_File/List_GTF.html

copied from an earlier thread