+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

dipashah

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Interview........
-
Thanks Quorax :) :) :)

As POF i will take CAD 4000 in cash, CAD 4000 in Draft and balance 2000 in TC will ok???????

Will DD encash after opening of bank account only????????????????????????????????????// :( :( :( OR bearer DD will do?

cheeta37

May 11, 2009
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD → CHC LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2009
Doc's Request.
05-08-2009
AOR Received.
05-08-2009
File Transfer...
Islamabad 05-08-2009 → London 30-06-2010 → Rejected 01-06-2012
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/we-will-send-you-the-appropriate-form-upon-reception-of-the-documents-listed-t90420.0.html

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
dipashah said:
Thanks Quorax :) :) :)

As POF i will take CAD 4000 in cash, CAD 4000 in Draft and balance 2000 in TC will ok???????

Will DD encash after opening of bank account only????????????????????????????????????// :( :( :( OR bearer DD will do?
-Carry 80% in draft & 20% in cash.
-U have to deposit that draft in your Canadian bank a/c.

Qorax

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
hi friends

I am an Indian and got visa last month. I don't have any relative in Canada, so its going to be tough for me to adapt. I am not sure about which destination to choose, people say toronto, vancouver, alberta and manitoba to be the favourite destinations of immigrants. which destination has a good no. of survival jobs, so that on landing I can find work. I am a Molecular biologist 2121 with a masters degree. Can u plz provide me an idea about the destination I must choose. I would like to study further for gaining canadian education ::).

I am delaying my landing plans as I have learnt from different sources that winters are severe in canada and its difficult to adapt. Moreover job openings are less in winter, is it true? when is the best time to land in canada?

with regards
JADEJA

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jadeja said:
hi friends

I am an Indian and got visa last month. I don't have any relative in Canada, so its going to be tough for me to adapt. I am not sure about which destination to choose, people say toronto, vancouver, alberta and manitoba to be the favourite destinations of immigrants. which destination has a good no. of survival jobs, so that on landing I can find work. I am a Molecular biologist 2121 with a masters degree. Can u plz provide me an idea about the destination I must choose. I would like to study further for gaining canadian education ::).

I am delaying my landing plans as I have learnt from different sources that winters are severe in canada and its difficult to adapt. Moreover job openings are less in winter, is it true? when is the best time to land in canada?

with regards
JADEJA
Hi,

U r not alone. This dilemma has lingered with [mostly] everyone before & till date.

If we have no one here, the big 5 r our best bet - Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Calgary & Vancouver. Why? -They r big cities & the industrial & commercial hubs of the province/s unlike the smaller cities.

Our of the 5, 2 have an issue with newcomers' initial settlement, Vancouver is pretty expensive and Montreal demands knowledge of French.

Except Calgary, all the other cities in that 5 r quite Ok with winters. This is December & I'm still roaming around in a light fleece-jacket in the day! BTW, nothing stops in the winters in Canada... it is made like that - for that!

Qorax

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
qorax said:
Hi,

U r not alone. This dilemma has lingered with [mostly] everyone before & till date.

If we have no one here, the big 5 r our best bet - Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Calgary & Vancouver. Why? -They r big cities & the industrial & commercial hubs of the province/s unlike the smaller cities.

Our of the 5, 2 have an issue with newcomers' initial settlement, Vancouver is pretty expensive and Montreal demands knowledge of French.

Except Calgary, all the other cities in that 5 r quite Ok with winters. This is December & I'm still roaming around in a light fleece-jacket in the day! BTW, nothing stops in the winters in Canada... it is made like that - for that!

Qorax
Thanks Qorax for ur kind reply.
I made my mind to land in toronto, if u have other things for me to know all about toronto, please please please do share.

jinneebhat

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
jadeja said:
Thanks Qorax for ur kind reply.
I made my mind to land in toronto, if u have other things for me to know all about toronto, please please please do share.
Do we need to show all the required amount in cash/dd/TC even when we need to return immediately after few days and do not intent to permanently settle in the trip of landing?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jinneebhat said:
Do we need to show all the required amount in cash/dd/TC even when we need to return immediately after few days and do not intent to permanently settle in the trip of landing?
yes, of course.

jinneebhat

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
steaky said:
yes, of course.
Thanks for the reply. Am an AINP candidate and plan to land in the province along with my wife. How much should I be carrying for sure in cash/DD? I mentioned 30K in my application as transferable funds. I will be carrying Indian bank statements to show that balance

lika

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
02-03-2011
Med's Request
26-04-2011
Med's Done....
07-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-04-2011 (PCC and PP submitted June 2nd)
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 12, 2011
LANDED..........
April 2012
Hi Qorax and seniors

We got our PR visa and intend to land in Toronto by mid March 2012. A few doubts I have in my mind. It will
be kind of you if you can help me out.

My husband and me will be landing in March 2012. My daughter is in the US and my son in India. They plan to
land in mid April 2012.

1. We will take our funds and the goods list which we will take with us now. Suppose I may buy something
during my next visit on a holiday say in 2013 like some jewellery, clothes, some kitchen utensils etc, will it be
taxed or will I have to declare with a goods list about them in every visit I make to and fro to my home country?

2. My children will land and be in Toronto with us to finish the landing formalities for about 2-3 weeks only.
They will come later after a year or so to settle in Toronto. Since they are going to be only for a short time they
will not have any goods to carry as such. They will have a few clothes and other necessary items only.
Do they have to make a goods list of whatever they bring?

3. Will the 2-3 weeks time good enough for finishig the landing formalities? They can give my address
for their SIN card and PR card. Do they have to stay back to receive them personally? Will they have any
problem if they want to be back in toronto after a year?

4. We will be carrying the full funds for the 4 of us when we land in March initially. How will my children show
the funds when they land in April at the Airport? Can they say that the parents have already landed
and have the funds?

Thank you. Lika

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
lika said:
Hi Qorax and seniors

We got our PR visa and intend to land in Toronto by mid March 2012. A few doubts I have in my mind. It will
be kind of you if you can help me out.

My husband and me will be landing in March 2012. My daughter is in the US and my son in India. They plan to
land in mid April 2012.

1. We will take our funds and the goods list which we will take with us now. Suppose I may buy something
during my next visit on a holiday say in 2013 like some jewellery, clothes, some kitchen utensils etc, will it be
taxed or will I have to declare with a goods list about them in every visit I make to and fro to my home country?

2. My children will land and be in Toronto with us to finish the landing formalities for about 2-3 weeks only.
They will come later after a year or so to settle in Toronto. Since they are going to be only for a short time they
will not have any goods to carry as such. They will have a few clothes and other necessary items only.
Do they have to make a goods list of whatever they bring?

3. Will the 2-3 weeks time good enough for finishig the landing formalities? They can give my address
for their SIN card and PR card. Do they have to stay back to receive them personally? Will they have any
problem if they want to be back in toronto after a year?

4. We will be carrying the full funds for the 4 of us when we land in March initially. How will my children show
the funds when they land in April at the Airport? Can they say that the parents have already landed
and have the funds?

Thank you. Lika
1. If the items r not listed u risk being taxed/levied... anytime. However, for personal effects & jewellery 'on-person' the BSOs usually do not bother.

2. The provision of GTF/GAL is for the 1st time landing PA. Subsequent visits by any family member 'only' requires it's copy if they intend bringing anything. Else, N/A.

3. They don't require to stay back, however it is advisable... one never knows where things might get stuck. Nonetheless, if the staying is a hurdle -- it should be Ok as long as some family members r within Canada. For a reEntry they'd require their PR cards... if that's on-person No ISSUES.

4. As with point-2 above, the requirement of 'settlement funds' is for the 1st time landing PA. Subsequent visits by any family member 'do not' require to disclose anything.

Qorax

AspirantCanada

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Bermuda
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2009
Doc's Request.
10-04-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with all documents
File Transfer...
24-02-2010, 5-Oct-2011 to NY from Buffalo
Med's Request
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
05-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting eagerly
Thanks Captain Qorax.

After reading your last comment one idea came to my mind.. what if Lika put additional jewellery in the list to follow.. there is no harm if we say that we will bring them later and we do not bring them later.

In my case I'll do landing first and then come back to my base country and then apply for job from here .. will finally move only when the job is secured. so in my case the list may change to a large extent. I'm planning to put maximum item and then I may not bring them.

please advice

Kind Regards,
Anup

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
AspirantCanada said:
Thanks Captain Qorax.

After reading your last comment one idea came to my mind.. what if Lika put additional jewellery in the list to follow.. there is no harm if we say that we will bring them later and we do not bring them later.

In my case I'll do landing first and then come back to my base country and then apply for job from here .. will finally move only when the job is secured. so in my case the list may change to a large extent. I'm planning to put maximum item and then I may not bring them.

please advice

Kind Regards,
Anup
S/he would need its pictures as well.

obaied

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi qorax
i would like to thank you for your generous help in this forum. i am very new here. i have one query.
pl answer..

after getting PR visa can anyone study paying home student (Canadian student) tuition fees?

thanks again,

obaied

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
obaied said:
hi qorax
i would like to thank you for your generous help in this forum. i am very new here. i have one query.
pl answer..

after getting PR visa can anyone study paying home student (Canadian student) tuition fees?

thanks again,

obaied
YES.