+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

obaied

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear qorax ,
pl help me

i need to write Job Ref. letter for GP NOC 3112 pl give me any link.

Thanks
Obaied

didoss

Nov 22, 2011
to Ton 40
please add me didoss@yahoo.com , i need your help in canada innigration for quebec.
wait your help please

AspirantCanada

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Bermuda
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2009
Doc's Request.
10-04-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with all documents
File Transfer...
24-02-2010, 5-Oct-2011 to NY from Buffalo
Med's Request
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
05-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting eagerly
Hi Captain Quorax,

Can you help me finding ans to below queries:
1. For stamping can go in-person, also can I carry passport for all my family members
2. Can I go for Stamping immediately after stamping.

The reason I'm asking is I need to do air travel and take leave from present job.. so it will be best if I can finish as much process as possible.

Another query on time of landing/final movement
1. Will there be any income tax benefit if I move after July (so that I stay more than 183 days of this financial year out of Canada).
2. How the tax for this year will be calculated.. do I need to pay income tax on pre-immigration period.

Kind Regards,

yooper

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Detroit, MI USA -> Sechelt, BC CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2011
AOR Received.
11-08-2011
Med's Done....
w/ app
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
Greetings all,

I did land, just a while ago, and posted to another thread my story with getting a SIN.

Am US Citizen, now landed Canadian Permanent Resident.

The officer at Service Canada was not aware of the new COPR process, where you don't get a counterfoil. He checked for mine in my passport, and said I couldn't get SIN without the counterfoil. He showed me the on-line instructions that require it. I persisted, and politely told him that they were no longer issued. He kindly checked with colleagues, and voila, found a section for 'visa exempt' countries, that said that he could grant SIN with just the COPR form.

So there you are all you ready-to-land. Make sure you persist politely, and let them know that as of 1 Dec 2011 there's a new procedure, and they should check the 'visa exempt' country instructions.

Best to all...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
AspirantCanada said:
Hi Captain Quorax,

Can you help me finding ans to below queries:
1. For stamping can go in-person, also can I carry passport for all my family members
2. Can I go for Stamping immediately after stamping.

The reason I'm asking is I need to do air travel and take leave from present job.. so it will be best if I can finish as much process as possible.

Another query on time of landing/final movement
3. Will there be any income tax benefit if I move after July (so that I stay more than 183 days of this financial year out of Canada).
4. How the tax for this year will be calculated.. do I need to pay income tax on pre-immigration period.

Kind Regards,
1. In most CHCs u can go in person for stamping. It'd be mentioned in ur PPR, pls check that.
2. And yes, imdt upon stamping u can proceed for landing as well.

3. No benefits. Under most scenarios u'd not be paying IT for ur 1st yr... u r unlikely to go beyond the threshold.
4. US & Canada have tax-sharing... u pay in either of the countries.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello captain Qorax,

I know that for carrying goods we need to fill form b4. But is it possible that we dont take much luggage during first trip as we are planning to go for only 15 days or so initially???

And what if we plan to take goods on our 2nd trip? Do we need to fill B4 again??? or do we need to mention it in 'Goods to follow list' in our first trip?

Thanks a tonne !

Tia

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
tiarachel85 said:
Hello captain Qorax,

I know that for carrying goods we need to fill form b4. But is it possible that we dont take much luggage during first trip as we are planning to go for only 15 days or so initially???

And what if we plan to take goods on our 2nd trip? Do we need to fill B4 again??? or do we need to mention it in 'Goods to follow list' in our first trip?

Thanks a tonne !

Tia
U r obviously confused and all messed-up on this whole B4 thing.

Pls Note:
1. The B4s [both, the GTF & GAL] are required to be filed on your first arrival in Canada as a PR.
2. This is the only time u can get these 2 sets of forms stamped by a BSO@POE.
3. Upon ur subsequent entries u just flash them ur 'previously stamped' B4-'GTF' (Goods To Follow).
4. The B4-'GAL' (Goods Accompanying List) is only usable once, when u enter the 1st time.
5. The B4-'GTF' can be used multiple times, till eternity, upon every entry.
6. U can bring-in ur listed goods (in the GTF) in parts or in bundles or one time or two or many times.

Thus, if u r just coming for a few days/weeks, and do not intend to carry much, u 'only' list those 'few items' in the B4-GAL and doubly ensure that each & everything is pre-listed in the B4-GTF. Which u must get stamped during ur 1st entry.

Hope that clarifies...

Qorax

prestige

Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
soon
Very informative thread.. up for this. :p

Munnimehek

May 4, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-08-2009
Doc's Request.
26-10-2009
AOR Received.
26-10-2009, 2nd AOR : 17-02- 2010
File Transfer...
07-02-2010, In Process- :01-02-2011, after 1 yr. Update doc sent: 23-01-2012. Real IP: 13-04-2012
Med's Request
18-06-2012
Med's Done....
28-06-2012 Med's send: 01-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-11-2012
Thanks a lot for this informative thread.

bestpal

Aug 5, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0111 Financial Controller
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
Doc's Request.
14-01-2010
AOR Received.
2nd on 25-06-2010
IELTS Request
8 Bands
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PPs sent 05-11-2012! Visas stamped 15-11-2012 recd PPs back on 01-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
20 January 2013;,as God willed! Thank God for mercies!
qorax said:
1. It's not Ok to show a bank statement as POF. U might run into trouble @ the POE.

2. Usually they may not scrutinize your CDs/DVDs/BDs/SD cards/Laptops/Flashdrives/Ext.HDs... but, if they do - u r heading for a spin with those contents.

Qorax
Dear Captain,

Need your help again.

A friend of mine is adamant in sending through his daughter, a young female student (first timer) 12-13 CDs of downloaded & pirated Cartoon flicks/movies etc. I am fully uncomfortable at the thought.

Would be grateful if you kindly elaborate on this; as you have mentioned in your above highlighted post : the full repercussions, what the Canadian law says and can do (if one is found to carry the forbidden stuff etc at the Canadian entry of port like YYZ's Pearson airport--Here I know the law would be uniform on all POE but specifically YYZ Airport). Is it sane to say to the Customs/relevant authorities, when caught : Officer, if you object then these are not needed and you may throw them in the bin. Will the officer let her go and the law will not take cognizance of the offence?

Guys, if anyone you know have had any experience on situations described above, please let us know asap, so that I can convince that 'friend' of mine about the seriousness of the calamity.

Best Wishes,

Bestpal

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
bestpal said:
Dear Captain,

Need your help again.

A friend of mine is adamant in sending through his daughter, a young female student (first timer) 12-13 CDs of downloaded & pirated Cartoon flicks/movies etc. I am fully uncomfortable at the thought.

Would be grateful if you kindly elaborate on this; as you have mentioned in your above highlighted post : the full repercussions, what the Canadian law says and can do (if one is found to carry the forbidden stuff etc at the Canadian entry of port like YYZ's Pearson airport--Here I know the law would be uniform on all POE but specifically YYZ Airport). Is it sane to say to the Customs/relevant authorities, when caught : Officer, if you object then these are not needed and you may throw them in the bin. Will the officer let her go and the law will not take cognizance of the offence?

Guys, if anyone you know have had any experience on situations described above, please let us know asap, so that I can convince that 'friend' of mine about the seriousness of the calamity.

Best Wishes,

Bestpal
It's not that they'd just throw those contents:
1. They could arrest u, fine u & prosecute u.
2. They could just deny ur entry.

Read more here:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/dm-md/d19/d19-4-3-eng.pdf

Here's a deep discussion on the subject:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/archive/index.php/t-835032.html

If I were u - I'd tell that 'friend' to STFU !

Qorax

bestpal

Aug 5, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0111 Financial Controller
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
Doc's Request.
14-01-2010
AOR Received.
2nd on 25-06-2010
IELTS Request
8 Bands
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PPs sent 05-11-2012! Visas stamped 15-11-2012 recd PPs back on 01-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
20 January 2013;,as God willed! Thank God for mercies!
qorax said:
It's not that they'd just throw those contents:
1. They could arrest u, fine u & prosecute u.
2. They could just deny ur entry.

Read more here:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/dm-md/d19/d19-4-3-eng.pdf

Here's a deep discussion on the subject:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/archive/index.php/t-835032.html

If I were u - I'd tell that 'friend' to STFU !

Qorax
Merci! Mon Ami Capitaine! Thumbs up to you for your response and a lightening one, at that!

Best Wishes,

Bestpal

holmz20

Dec 28, 2010
I received my wifes COPR form back with her US passport last week. Í applied for spousal sponsorship for her and we are both US citizens residing in US and plan on landing in Toronto in late March. I just noticed that the COPR form line 14 Accompanying Family Members doesnt have my two kids who are ages 2 and 5 names listed there. They are already canadian citizens along with myself and got their citizenship through my descent application.

Question is do the kids need to be listed on the COPR? If so I would need to contact buffalo office then immediately? I am assuming since they already have canadian citizenship they should be able to enter and the only person who is so call "Landing" is my wife.

Please let me know how to proceed.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
holmz20 said:
I received my wifes COPR form back with her US passport last week. Í applied for spousal sponsorship for her and we are both US citizens residing in US and plan on landing in Toronto in late March. I just noticed that the COPR form line 14 Accompanying Family Members doesnt have my two kids who are ages 2 and 5 names listed there. They are already canadian citizens along with myself and got their citizenship through my descent application.

Question is do the kids need to be listed on the COPR? If so I would need to contact buffalo office then immediately? I am assuming since they already have canadian citizenship they should be able to enter and the only person who is so call "Landing" is my wife.

Please let me know how to proceed.
It's perfectly alright. The COPR is for new immigrants, while ur kids aren't.