NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
SOJ,

Sorry about your dad,and welcome to the club of the fatherless, definately the Lord Jesus is father for the fatherless and he shall surely take care of us.

Do the burial small and I only drink red wine, with little rice, I hope baba don old well well , unlike my own that died at 65yrs old.

Take heart my brother, nobody will stay here for ever.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
soj said:
thanks guys x God bless u.tito i think u said your friends got your pr cards in the mail in three weeks.cos i also hope to pick our pr cards within three weeks so i can travel back home.but i know two guys who were asked to come to toronto to take new pictures cos the pictures they submitted were not clear enough.should in case i travel back to naija,then the immigration office ask me to come x take new pic for the pr.what do u do in this situation.cheers
soj,
My friend collected the PR cards in about 3.5 weeks (not up to 4 weeks but about 3 days more than 3 weeks).
I will advise you don't wait because of the PR cards except if you have made plans to stay for up to 4 weeks. Reason is that your cards may come a bit longer than 3 or even 4 weeks or God forbid that your wife is required to have her picture taken (like the cases you mentioned).
I had the immigration officer check and certify our pictures on landing to avoid having to travel for new sets pictures. Even at that, it was no guarantee and I was prepared (plan B) to request for travel document from the Canadian High Commission in Lagos to go back to Canada, if required. This is what you might have to do if necessary.
Another option I had (plan C) was to take a flight to the US and drive a rental car (or hitch a ride) into Canada; this way you avoid requesting for travel document from the Lagos CHC.

I pray you wont need to be summoned to have the pictures taken, just better to avoid unnecessary trips.

soj

Feb 23, 2007
tito,thanks i have a strong believe that i will get the cards in three weeks.my return ticket is mar 8.cheers

yemkik

Star Member
Sep 6, 2004
soj,

My sincere condolence on papa's home call.
God will fill the vacuum for you.

Cheers
Yemkik

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Soj,
Congrats on the card.
Hope to see you in Naija on 9th March

Oloye

soj

Feb 23, 2007
guys,i sat for my G1 driving test today,i passed it.u have two parts,one on signals x the other on rules.cheers

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
Soj

congrat on ur success

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Soj,
I think we can start to call you our ambassador. Cograts on the test and let us see you coming out great in the remaining tests.

Oloye

adelemama

Feb 4, 2008
Soj,good to hear from you. Accept my heartfelt sympathy on your father's demise.May the Good Lord strengthen you and yours.

Congratss.I'm so happy for you. Congrats on the success of your driving test. You have made me so happy with this good news. I wish you all the best in your new place. Are you settling in Toronto?

All the best again,and regards to your wife and new baby.
To the rest of us who are still waiting.... This is a beacon of hope sha. Oneday one day, we'll tell our stories right here.
Thanks again Soj for keeping us informed.

soj

Feb 23, 2007
oloye,adelemama x my naija people,thks for all ur support,it's good having nice people around u.am thinking of settling down in alberta,there are more opportunities there than toronto cos the latter is highly saturated already.alberta is the oil rich province of canada,i ve my eyes on that province.cheers

adelemama

Feb 4, 2008
soj hi.
Is Alberta not too cold? I thought toronto was a little bit warmer than Alberta. Anyway what matters is making a living. Have you any job offers there yet? or are you presently seeking a job? Na wa o!! abeg educate me o pls. Let's know how the job hunting goes if you already have not found one.

Take good care,keep warm,tell all the Naija people there we miss them. Regards to your wife and baby.