+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

landed in canada yesterday

yemkik

Star Member
Sep 6, 2004
Soj,

Congrats in all your progress from getting the PR visa to landing and now the driving license. God will continue to see you through and thanks once again for updating us on every milestone move you make, you have really done well bros.

I am planning to settle down in Calgary, Alberta province myself if I eventually get the PR visa one because of my profession (oil-related) and secondly I heard (which you will confirm for me) that Alberta residents pay less tax than all the other Canadian provinces.

But what scares me most I must confess is the weather, that Canada is very cold is not too good news for us (from warm countries) and for Alberta to be freezing cold is another news entirely, anyway God will see us through.

Please let all of us (naijas - lagos residents) in the forum know when you are home bound for Papa's burial, might be an avenue for us all to hook up

Cheers
Yemkik

soj

Feb 23, 2007
adelemama,i know alberta is extremely cold but am hungry for success x i will do everything legal to get this.i need to take a bold step then God will help me through the rest.am just here on vacation,i vent applied for any job x i dont think i wld apply now but i ve actually looked into business one can do with the regular job x am almost making a decision abt that.

yemkik,i know we are not used to this harsh cold weather but all the same naija people can survive anywhere,we are fighters as in we are strong enough to withstand anything with God on our sides.am moving to alberta when am ready to relocate finally.i will keep all u good people posted on the papa's burial.take care

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
Soj,

I like your determination. We have my eyes on alberta as well. I have a friend there who says its much easier to get a job in alberta and the population is small). But its an expensive city, I hear.
Anyway God will see you through.

new man

Jan 16, 2008
Accra Applicants Congrats!!!!!!!
l read that the Canada planned to increase the number of visa (Federal Skilled ) in 2008

Please check this site www.cicnews.com/2008/02/canadian-immigration-visa-office-targets-2008-02637.html

Africa/Middle East Region
Targets are being increased for seven of the nine application processing posts in the region. Damascus will continue to be the leader in the region in terms of the number of Canadian Immigration Visas issued, however, there will be a shift in focus from Federal Skilled Worker to the Refugee category. The number of Refugee visas to be awarded has more than doubled since last year. The Abidjan visa office will see the greatest increase in processing of Federal Skilled Worker applications, growing from 90 in 2007 to 525 this year. Visa offices in Pretoria and in Accra will also see increases in 2008 in this category.

Auntie Abeni & all of us, our miracle is on the way 2008 is the year of fufilment indeed!!

Regards

fathertee

Star Member
May 25, 2006
Newman, thanks for the info. I pray it gets to our turn on time. Meanwhile, I urge all of you in this process to continue to be prayerful.

May God help us.

soj

Feb 23, 2007
my naija people,i think the immigration law has changed concerning travelling out of canada,now you can stay more than six months outside canada against what it used to be.once you have stayed 730days or 2years in 5 years you wont have problem with your status.i stand to be corrected.cheers

soj

Feb 23, 2007
my naija people,i called immigration office this morning about the status of our permanent residence cards x i was told the cards were posted on feb 29.i should get them in the mail by wednesday.i should be in naija on sunday by God's grace.she said it takes 4weeks or more to get to an applicant but that i should give her my client no,name,dob,phone no x visa office.i got here on feb 10,this should be like two weeks x five days.cheers

adelemama

Feb 4, 2008
Thanks Soj.How are you finding it? I hope it's not too cold for you. Safe trip back on sunday,and bring us back a piece of Canada.

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SOJ,
It is great hearing of your moves. if the PR card comes in about three weeks then it is fast. Hope to speak with you on Sunday or Monday.

FRED

soj

Feb 23, 2007
my naija people,i was thinking the pr cards would come wednesday but i just picked them up from the mail.cheers

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SOJ,
Congrats and it is a great thing to hear that you now have the documents that will make you enter Canada and live as you like.
Have a nice trip back home soon as promised. Also remember that gist must continue on this forum as usual.

Oloye

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Soj,

congrats for sorting things out. now that you have a pr do you still need your passport to travel from your country to canada or a pr is just enough?